Windows 10: UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP

Discus and support UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My PC is hanging when booting up and the following message is displayed: UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP Then the display freezes. What could be causing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EFB0759, Nov 24, 2018.

1. EFB0759 Win User

UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP

My PC is hanging when booting up and the following message is displayed: UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP Then the display freezes. What could be causing this?

:)

EFB0759, Nov 24, 2018

2. "Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap"

Lately, I have been receiving a prompt to re-start to collect information due to an "Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap" Any Suggestion on how to fix this problem?

WilliamHouting, Nov 24, 2018
  3. unexpected kernal mode trap

My computer starts to shut down and gives the error code of unexpected kernal mode trap

SusanPaxton_256, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Blue Screen - Unexpected Kernal mode trap

Hi Anne,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This issue may occur when your computer lacks sufficient kernel space to process kernel-mode drivers

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below.

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the articles listed below and check if it works:

1. Troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    2. Troubleshoot UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    3. Bug check: UNEXPECTED_ KERNEL_ MODE_ TRAP

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

1. UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP - Similar Threads - UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE

2. BSOD - Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap and others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap and others: I am having multiple issues with my PC and looking for guidance. It seems whenever I think the issue is resolved and don't respond for a few days, then I never hear back on the thread again, unless I post a brand new thread. I will link the previous thread at the bottom for...
  3. BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap: After a Windows Update, I am having BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap. I've tried a few fixes I found on here for this, but none of them have helped. It doesn't seem to be a memory issue no matter how many times I run SFC /Scannow.I fully updated BIOS after working through...
  4. BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap: After a Windows Update, I am having BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap. I've tried a few fixes I found on here for this, but none of them have helped. It doesn't seem to be a memory issue no matter how many times I run SFC /Scannow.I fully updated BIOS after working through...
  5. BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap: After a recent Windows Update, I am having BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap. I've tried a few fixes I found on here for this, but none of them have helped. It doesn't seem to be a memory issue no matter how many times I run SFC /Scannow. It is starting to get worse, a few...
  6. BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap: After a recent Windows Update, I am having BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap. I've tried a few fixes I found on here for this, but none of them have helped. It doesn't seem to be a memory issue no matter how many times I run SFC /Scannow. It is starting to get worse, a few...
  7. Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap problems: I have been experiencing Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap BSOD when gaming. After becoming frustrated I did a fresh install of Windows 10 64 bit. I re-seated all my hardware except the CPU itself. I ran CHKDSK on all my drives. I ran the memory diagnostic. I have updated every...
  8. Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap

Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap: My computer crashes twice a day. I get the "Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap" stop code every time. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-kernal-mode-trap/b1837d27-36b7-4c3e-b3df-d68869c23c78
  9. Blue Screen - Unexpected Kernal mode trap

Blue Screen - Unexpected Kernal mode trap: I have Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803, OS build 17134.1; Whenever, I click on my 6D Software ICON to start the program, I get the blue screen with unexpected kernel mode trap. I was one of those who started with Windows 7 and accepted the free upgrade to Windows 10. I...
  10. BSOD - Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap + Others

BSOD - Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap + Others: Hello all, Have been having this BSOD just about two months now. I really only BSOD when I am gaming. I have noticed that I get multiple different error messages with the post title being the most recent, but all relate ntoskrnl.exe (thanks to BlueScreenView). From what I...