Windows 10: Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap and Driver IQRL Not Less Or Equal

Discus and support Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap and Driver IQRL Not Less Or Equal in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’ve been having this issue for months and I’m at a loss of what to do. I’ve tested every component on the computer, with no errors. I can’t afford... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZacharyAlan, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap and Driver IQRL Not Less Or Equal

I’ve been having this issue for months and I’m at a loss of what to do. I’ve tested every component on the computer, with no errors. I can’t afford replacement parts so that’s out of the question. I reinstalled Windows, swapped around the RAM, reseated the CPU, and tried unplugging devices I don’t need.

My specs are:

Core i3 8100

GTX 1060 6GB SC

8 GB G.Skill NT series RAM ( 2 x 4 GB)

1 TB Western Digital Blue HDD

ASRock H310M-HDC

It doesn’t make any damn sense because some games/ programs crash the computer and some don’t. For example, I can play Rocket League for 4 hours straight, no issues, and then play Cities: Skylines for 10 minutes and it’ll crash. I accidentally left the computer on all day at the desktop (7-8 hours) and nothing seemed wrong when I came back, but then I play 2 matches of Fortnite and it crashes.

Sometimes it’s an NVidia driver that crashes, sometimes a Windows Kernel thing, then it might be BattleEye anti-cheat, or some other weird thing, then sometimes the BSoD and Who Crashed just won’t tell me.

I’m starting to feel like ditching Windows, but where else is there to go?

Here are a couple crash logs from Who Crashed:

On Mon 4/15/2019 11:34:19 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module:win32kfull.sys (0xFFFFF2E4590254B7)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF2E4590254B7, 0xFFFFD300E4C26AB0, 0x0)

Error:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32kfull.sys

product:Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company:Microsoft Corporation

description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 4/15/2019 6:03:53 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041519-27312-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module:nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF8041BEF4A9D)

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x1B5, 0xE, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8041BEF4A9D)

Error:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_9c0cfd0baad9a756\nvlddmkm.sys

product:NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 419.35

company:NVIDIA Corporation

description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 419.35

Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 419.35 , NVIDIA Corporation).

Google query:nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Mon 4/15/2019 10:51:16 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041519-22921-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module:ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1B3730)

Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFFF8021B271E50, 0xC85BF830, 0xFFFFF802194AE009)

Error:UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product:Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company:Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.Double Fault, indicates that an exception occurs during a call to the handler for a prior exception. Most often this is caused by a software problem (kernel stack overflow) but this can also be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

:)

ZacharyAlan, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Starfola Win User

How to solve UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP?

1st

Stop Code: UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

What failed: nvlddmkm.sys

2nd

Stop Code: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

What failed: N/A

Starfola, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Blue Screen - Unexpected Kernal mode trap

Hi Anne,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This issue may occur when your computer lacks sufficient kernel space to process kernel-mode drivers

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below.

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the articles listed below and check if it works:

1. Troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    2. Troubleshoot UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    3. Bug check: UNEXPECTED_ KERNEL_ MODE_ TRAP

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap and Driver IQRL Not Less Or Equal

unexpected kernel mode trap

How can the shutdown from the "unexpected kernel mode trap" be repaired?

JamesTwietmeyer, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap and Driver IQRL Not Less Or Equal

1. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap and Driver IQRL Not Less Or Equal - Similar Threads - Unexpected Kernel Mode

2. BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and Unexpected Kernel mode Trap failed NTFS.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and Unexpected Kernel mode Trap failed NTFS.sys: BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and Unexpected Kernel mode Trap failed NTFS.sysI am getting BSOD. Please see mini dump located here:mini dumpswindows 10 pro latest windows update installed as of 1/16/2023. Scanned for virus, nothingThis happens when I'm just using the computer,...
  3. BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and Unexpected Kernel mode Trap failed NTFS.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and Unexpected Kernel mode Trap failed NTFS.sys: BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and Unexpected Kernel mode Trap failed NTFS.sysI am getting BSOD. Please see mini dump located here:mini dumpswindows 10 pro latest windows update installed as of 1/16/2023. Scanned for virus, nothingThis happens when I'm just using the computer,...
  4. IRQL not less or equal & UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

IRQL not less or equal & UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP: Hi everyone.I have been having some problems with my PC for the last few days. I get the 2 bluescreens IRQL not less or equal & UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP. I tried different things suqjested on the internet chkdsk, sfc /scannow, all the DISM, windows memory diagnostic, reset...
  5. IRQL not less or equal & UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL not less or equal & UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP: Hi everyone.I have been having some problems with my PC for the last few days. I get the 2 bluescreens IRQL not less or equal & UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP. I tried different things suqjested on the internet chkdsk, sfc /scannow, all the DISM, windows memory diagnostic, reset...
  6. IRQL not less or equal & UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 11 BSODS - driver irql not less or equal, unexpected kernel mode trap, whea...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 BSODS - driver irql not less or equal, unexpected kernel mode trap, whea...: For quite a while now my computer randomly crashes with multiple bsod codes such as driver irql not less or equal, unexpected kernel mode trap, whea uncorrectable error. I have factory reset my device multiple times to no avail, cleaning out my pc, doing sfc scannow on...
  8. Windows 11 BSODS - driver irql not less or equal, unexpected kernel mode trap, whea...

Windows 11 BSODS - driver irql not less or equal, unexpected kernel mode trap, whea...: For quite a while now my computer randomly crashes with multiple bsod codes such as driver irql not less or equal, unexpected kernel mode trap, whea uncorrectable error. I have factory reset my device multiple times to no avail, cleaning out my pc, doing sfc scannow on...
  9. Windows 11 multiple bsods - driver irql not less or equal, unexpected kernel mode trap,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 multiple bsods - driver irql not less or equal, unexpected kernel mode trap,...: For quite a while now my computer randomly crashes with multiple bsod codes such as driver irql not less or equal, unexpected kernel mode trap, whea uncorrectable error. I have factory reset my device multiple times to no avail, cleaning out my pc, doing sfc scannow on...
  10. Windows 11 multiple bsods - driver irql not less or equal, unexpected kernel mode trap,...

Windows 11 multiple bsods - driver irql not less or equal, unexpected kernel mode trap,...: For quite a while now my computer randomly crashes with multiple bsod codes such as driver irql not less or equal, unexpected kernel mode trap, whea uncorrectable error. I have factory reset my device multiple times to no avail, cleaning out my pc, doing sfc scannow on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. irql_not_less_or_equal and unexpected_kernel_mode_trap

2. stop mode kernal mode trap pc crashed and also fortnite