Windows 10: Unexpected kernel mode trap bsod

Discus and support Unexpected kernel mode trap bsod in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently crashed with a unexpected kernel mode trap error. No hardware or software changes have been made recently. Attached is link to memory dump... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by silverbody, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Unexpected kernel mode trap bsod

Recently crashed with a unexpected kernel mode trap error. No hardware or software changes have been made recently. Attached is link to memory dump files and my msinfo. Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting will be welcome.

Troubleshooting files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhKXS-W3gKwGcspLDoFdbeIeVyk

Thanks

:)

silverbody, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Starfola Win User

How to solve UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP?

1st

Stop Code: UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

What failed: nvlddmkm.sys

2nd

Stop Code: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

What failed: N/A

Starfola, Jul 11, 2018
  3. how to solve"UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP"

How to solve unexpected kernel mode trap

Raphael Emmanuel, Jul 11, 2018
  4. auggy Win User

Unexpected kernel mode trap bsod

unexpected kernel mode trap BSOD

Can you check here:

Windows key + R > type sysdm.cpl > OK > Advanced > click "Settings" under "Startup and Recovery" then, under "System failure", make sure "Write an event to system log" is selected and, under "Write debugging information" make sure "Automatic memory
    dump" is selected

Path to dump file - %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP

With "Automatic memory dump" selected, there should be both a "Kernel memory dump" (MEMORY.DMP) created in the C:\Windows folder and a "Small memory dump" (Minidump) created in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder, with each BSOD.

Also, select "Overwrite any existing file" as this will overwrite the kernel memory dump, which can be quite large.

One thing I might suggest at this time is to uninstall Azzouzi HotSpot as the ndiskhaz.sys has been known to cause unexpected kernel mode trap errors in certain setups such as

here

If the error persists please provide the resulting memory.dmp file.

auggy, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Unexpected kernel mode trap bsod

1. Unexpected kernel mode trap bsod - Similar Threads - Unexpected kernel mode

2. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Need help with this BSOD I'm getting.This is the link for the minidump files.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av1ILsVQ9g5Tg1pR6NHTkRiLpgf3?e=ixJlxZ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-unexpected-kernel-mode-trap/f10cb69d-6a0b-4343-a667-1d4027d555fe
  3. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Need help with this BSOD I'm getting.This is the link for the minidump files.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av1ILsVQ9g5Tg1pR6NHTkRiLpgf3?e=ixJlxZ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-unexpected-kernel-mode-trap/f10cb69d-6a0b-4343-a667-1d4027d555fe
  4. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Hi all,I have a Windows 10 Intel Gaming Inspiron 15 that has recently been blue screening with the error Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap. I have not installed any new hardware recently, I have updated Windows and all drivers from OEM and/or developer websites to their latest...
  5. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Hi all,I have a Windows 10 Intel Gaming Inspiron 15 that has recently been blue screening with the error Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap. I have not installed any new hardware recently, I have updated Windows and all drivers from OEM and/or developer websites to their latest...
  6. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Hello, sorry if I've ran over a few rules first time posting but I've encountered a problem. Every time I try to connect a bluetooth device to my hp 15-da0007tx laptop. I've run bluescreenview and it tells me that ntoskrnl.exe is the cause. However after reading for a while...
  7. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Hello, sorry if I've ran over a few rules first time posting but I've encountered a problem. Every time I try to connect a bluetooth device to my hp 15-da0007tx laptop. I've run bluescreenview and it tells me that ntoskrnl.exe is the cause. However after reading for a while...
  8. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD: I got the following BSOD today. Ran the typical gamut of system tests dism, sfc, memory diagnostic and didn't find any issues. No temperature issues or other event viewer errors and nothing is overclocked unless you count the XMP profile for my RAM.This is the .dmp file I...
  9. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Greetings!Ive been encountering a lot of problems in my computer last few week.Last time it was a driver issue problem solvedNow it generated this BSOD. "Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap" . Can someone help me to identify the problem?Here is the DMP...
  10. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD: Hello, I've been having an issue where I get a BSOD with Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap while playing the Halo Master Chief Collection for PC. From what I understand this issue is caused by out of date drivers. I have run windows update to make sure I have my most recent drivers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unexpected kernel memory dump how to solve