Windows 10: Unexpected reboot Windows 11 event viewer shows problems files provided

Discus and support Unexpected reboot Windows 11 event viewer shows problems files provided in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had an unexpected reboot with Windows 11 this morning at 9:27am.I was not using the computer at the time.The computer is about one week old. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David Mastin, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Unexpected reboot Windows 11 event viewer shows problems files provided

I had an unexpected reboot with Windows 11 this morning at 9:27am.I was not using the computer at the time.The computer is about one week old. I have run a benchmarking program three times with no problems 3DMark.Here is msinfo32 and event viewer files via this link2 Itemsthank you for any help

:)

David Mastin, Jun 20, 2024
  2. nancy3243 Win User

Event Viewer problem with latest Windows Build 1607

After installing the new Windows build 1607, the Event Viewer stopped recording events under Diagnostic Performance. (Before 1607 I checked the files located under Windows.old dated 9/23/2016 and located this file which indeed did have a list of events
    recorded.)

Since the initial 1607 download there have been two new builds automatically installed on my laptop.

The last step in an automatic download is the RESTART. Prior to my rebooting, I checked the Diagnostic Performance and for sure, these had the list of events.

Rebooting by me, causes the Diagnostic Performance errors to disappear.

As suggested earlier I have run the SFC/DISM commands with no errors reported.

Any Ideas?

Nancy

nancy3243, Jun 20, 2024
  3. Mike99Too Win User
    Event Viewer stopped showing new events

I go to Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Diagnostics-Performance > Operational.

But there are no events listed for the past several weeks even though I’ve rebooted many times during that period.

I clicked the Refresh button in the right column and this added one new event - the latest event 100. But no Event Viewer showing the system was shut down. I did several cold reboots so there should be many new entries but that’s not the case.

In the right column I looked at Operational > Properties. “Overwrite events as needed" is checked.

Any idea why new events are not showing up?

Thanks

Mike99Too, Jun 20, 2024
  4. Mike99Too Win User

Unexpected reboot Windows 11 event viewer shows problems files provided

Event Viewer stopped showing new events

I did the first 5 suggestions in the provided link & it made no difference.

I’m trying to run a lean machine & don’t want to Create a new user account.

Some earlier versions of Windows 10 did not show EventID 100 and this was a known issue. My version does so I do not want to lose that ability.

Mine just stopped showing any new Events as of 11-24-2022, at least for the Source mentioned.

It does update for other sources such as: Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Powershell > Operational.

So why doesn’t Diagnostics-Performance > Operational get updated?

That said, I did get it to update by Restarting the Event Viewer, but it only updated by adding two listings.

As mentioned, my problem started on 11-24-2024. I looked in Control Panel > Installed Updates and on 11-24-2022 Windows installed Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.2180 and Security Update (KB5019959).

I wonder if either of those caused the problem.

Note: How come copy/paste into this Reply box does not work properly? It either word wraps by cutting words in half or it just lets them run off into a long sentence that requires the use of the scroll bar to view it.

Mike99Too, Jun 20, 2024
Thema:

Unexpected reboot Windows 11 event viewer shows problems files provided

1. Unexpected reboot Windows 11 event viewer shows problems files provided - Similar Threads - Unexpected reboot event

2. Unexpected reboot Windows 11 event viewer shows problems files provided

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected reboot Windows 11 event viewer shows problems files provided: I had an unexpected reboot with Windows 11 this morning at 9:27am.I was not using the computer at the time.The computer is about one week old. I have run a benchmarking program three times with no problems 3DMark.Here is msinfo32 and event viewer files via this link2...
  3. Event Viewer Problems...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer Problems...: I just went into my Event Viewer and noticed a slew of problems that has been happening for a while now. The main issue I've seen is "Distributed COM" errors/warnings. Heres the details as copied from my Event Viewer...
  4. Event viewer problem

Event viewer problem: I ran into a problem yesterday in event veawer if anyone could help me to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-problem/8ef3a589-909e-4f1f-a0a5-f49fba67c91e
  5. Event viewer problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer problem: I ran into a problem yesterday in event veawer if anyone could help me to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-problem/8ef3a589-909e-4f1f-a0a5-f49fba67c91e
  6. Event viewer problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bugcheck unexpected reboots in Event Viewer

Bugcheck unexpected reboots in Event Viewer: Hi!Over the last month, I've noticed that I'll occasionally wake my computer from sleep and find it rebooted. The reboots didn't seem consistent with updating, so I checked Event Viewer and found the system had a number of Bugcheck errors and related unexpected reboots. These...
  8. Unexpected shutdown and event viewer doesn’t show anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unexpected shutdown and event viewer doesn’t show anything: Hi so I have this issue. I left my laptop on for the entire night downloading some steam games, when I woke up the laptop was off. It wasn’t shut down and I assumed it was on sleep. I checked the event viewer and nothing was popping up, I also checked the reliability history...
  9. Event Viewer Closes Unexpectedly

Event Viewer Closes Unexpectedly: I'm having a problem with the Windows Event Viewer application. A few seconds after I open it and try to start using it to view errors, it suddenly closes for no apparent reason. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a known fix? By the way, in the Windows Topics dropdown...
  10. Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer

Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer: Even with years of experience with Windows operating systems I am in the unenviable position of trying to diagnose an Audit Failure in the Event Viewer for Windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop that just reared its ugly head recently. It is perhaps noteworthy that I am not seeing...