Windows 10: Unexpected reboot

Discus and support Unexpected reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear all, Can someone help? I've done some research checks myself and here goes: After installing win 10 a few days ago i get random reboots.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tanya, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Tanya Win User

Unexpected reboot

Dear all,

Can someone help? I've done some research checks myself and here goes:
    After installing win 10 a few days ago i get random reboots. (kernel-power-41-error-) these can occur a few in a hour or none for a whole day.

The reboot is always preceded by these four filter loads in this order, top is last load:

BHDrvx64
    eeCtrl
    npsvctrig
    FileCrypt

Other people have had identical issues (have researched for hours online) and so to eliminate some possibles I'm uninstalling/reinstalling nortons as per advice elsewhere.

I've got a cpu thermometer installed and am going to do a mem test.

I'm curious if it's possible that my PC can quite 'cope' with win 10? is that possible?

or could win10 upgrade caused a dormant hardware issue to pop up?

Help appreciated *Smile

:)

Tanya, Sep 29, 2019

2. Unexpected Store Exception

Hi,

Many factors can be involved with the Unexpected Store Exception
    blue screen error such as a conflict with some third-party software, a faulty RAM, or a hardware failure. To rectify such issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • Does your computer have the most recent update for Windows 10?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the series of steps in this
    article
    which lists some troubleshooting instructions suitable for blue screen errors.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Blue Screen - Unexpected Kernal mode trap

Hi Anne,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This issue may occur when your computer lacks sufficient kernel space to process kernel-mode drivers

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below.

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the articles listed below and check if it works:

1. Troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    2. Troubleshoot UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    3. Bug check: UNEXPECTED_ KERNEL_ MODE_ TRAP

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Unexpected reboot

Unexpected reboots - How to fix repeated Windows 10 unexpected reboots

Hi all, I'm hoping someone may be able to help resolve a problem that has only started happening in the last two days - my laptop has unexpectedly rebooted twice in the last two days. I have not installed any new software or hardware, and at time of reboots
    I was doing nothing more than browsing the Internet (only a couple of pages open), and a couple of Word documents open – so nothing new and certainly nothing to 'exercise/stretch' the cpu! After reboots all documents or internet pages open are lost (if the
    Word documents have not been saved by me prior to the reboot - which suggests to me a type of forced reboot). The laptop is about a year old, and I've not experienced any rebooting/shutdown problems before. I have not installed any new software or hardware,
    and when I try to learn what may have caused the problem via the 'System Event Logs' it just states 'unexpected reboot' but shows no expansion on what may have caused the reboots.

The power supply is not abnormally hot, so am assuming I can discount this as a possible cause. The laptop is also not running any hotter than normal, and when the reboots happen, I have not done anything to trigger a reboot - in fact, it often happens after
    I have left the PC for a few minutes...which suggests to me that it may be due to problems going into sleep mode or idle...but even if this could be the problem, I wouldn't know how to resolve it. One other possible culprit could be the last Microsoft Windows
    10 Update which occurred on the 19/12/17. I am running Norton Antivirus...nothing seems to be showing any problems here either.

Any help or advice would be appreciated,

Thanks, Steve

My laptop is a standard HP Envy, AMD Quad A10, 8GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, AMD Radeon R6 Graphics Card, on Windows 10 (as shipped - no upgrades...and up to now, has been a joy to use)

StevieP_333, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Unexpected reboot

1. Unexpected reboot - Similar Threads - Unexpected reboot

2. Unexpected store exception, Rebooted with no problems but now Windows won’t boot. Stuck at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected store exception, Rebooted with no problems but now Windows won’t boot. Stuck at...: Hello there. Sorry for the long title, tried to put as much information as possible. I’ll explain the situationSo yesterday I got a blue screen of dead, with the error code UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. I tried to look online for quite a bit but I can’t seem to find a solution,...
  3. Unexpected store exception, Rebooted with no problems but now Windows won’t boot. Stuck at...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected store exception, Rebooted with no problems but now Windows won’t boot. Stuck at...: Hello there. Sorry for the long title, tried to put as much information as possible. I’ll explain the situationSo yesterday I got a blue screen of dead, with the error code UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. I tried to look online for quite a bit but I can’t seem to find a solution,...
  4. UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP each time I reboot my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP each time I reboot my pc: Here is the dmp file info. Help me get rid of this problem. I hard resetted my windows, But this thing still shows up every single time************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit...
  5. UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP each time I reboot my pc

UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP each time I reboot my pc: Here is the dmp file info. Help me get rid of this problem. I hard resetted my windows, But this thing still shows up every single time************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit...
  6. BSOD Machine unexpectedly rebooted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Machine unexpectedly rebooted: Hello All,Anyone who can help me understand this error better.Thank you.************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true...
  7. BSOD Machine unexpectedly rebooted

BSOD Machine unexpectedly rebooted: Hello All,Anyone who can help me understand this error better.Thank you.************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true...
  8. BSOD Machine unexpectedly rebooted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. PC will freeze unexpectedly for 1-3 minutes and then "crash" automatically reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will freeze unexpectedly for 1-3 minutes and then "crash" automatically reboot: For almost a year now my PC has been freezing and then it will automatically reboot crash? on its own. At first I noticed it would happen when I would play video games, but after a while it just began to happen when browsing the web. When looking in "Event Viewer" I am...
  10. PC will freeze unexpectedly for 1-3 minutes and then "crash" automatically reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC will freeze unexpectedly for 1-3 minutes and then "crash" automatically reboot: For almost a year now my PC has been freezing and then it will automatically reboot crash? on its own. At first I noticed it would happen when I would play video games, but after a while it just began to happen when browsing the web. When looking in "Event Viewer" I am...