Windows 10: Unexpected restart - BSOD

Discus and support Unexpected restart - BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I got this issue on today and I have upload the MEMORY.DMP minidump MSinfo32.nfo in here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kapila Perera, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Unexpected restart - BSOD

Kapila Perera, Oct 1, 2020

2. System restart at unexpected times without BSOD.

Hello,

I'm using this OptiPlex 5055 Ryzen CPU desktop and have uploaded this system's specifications under the "2nd PC Spec" section of my profile.

This system often restarts itself at unexpected times, despite the fact that no resource intensive application is run on it (not even the Solitaire game in Windows 10!). Possibly the heaviest application that is run on this system is the Google Chrome Browser! Otherwise, its use is largely limited to the Microsoft Office suite.

I've disabled "Automatically restart" option under Advanced System Settings as follows:

Unexpected restart - BSOD [​IMG]

Despite this, I don't get the BSOD. The system simply restarts.

So the only option I could think of at my disposal was memory dumps (which thankfully are being created every time the system witnesses such restart!).

I used Nirsoft's BlueScreenView and got the following output:

As you can see, the culprit seems to be ntoskernel.exe.

However, a little reading over the internet suggested related to ntoskernel crash suggested that this is likely to be a drivers issue. But to my disappointment, when I validated this PC's drivers' status with Dell Command Update application, the system already had all relevant drivers installed and updated to their latest versions by Dell's standards.

I also ran the Passmark's Memtest86 testing tool on this system and no problems were reported.

I've run out of ideas at this point so I decided to create this thread.

I ran the Beta Log collector tool and the zip file is attached for your reference (please see DESKTOP-2OOD0RP-(2019-04-16_19-01-26).zip).

Kindly suggest possible issues/troubleshooting steps/solutions.

P.S.: I might be incorrect in posting this thread under the BSOD Crashes and Debugging Forum since this system isn't giving me an actual BSOD. So please let me know in case I migrate this thread to another forum.

Ten64BitUser, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Unexpected BSOD

I thought every BSOD is unexpected, apparently sometimes they are... *Smile Unexpected restart - BSOD :)

blueskynis, Oct 1, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Unexpected restart - BSOD

Pc Crashes into BSOD

After completing the steps in post #12 indicate whether there are BSOD or unexpected shutdowns and restarts.
    Having hardware components available as the next step will be useful.

zbook, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Unexpected restart - BSOD

1. Unexpected restart - BSOD - Similar Threads - Unexpected restart BSOD

2. Unexpected restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected restart: Greetings, I bought for programming a brand-new powerful Asus laptop 4 months ago and purchased "Windows 11 Pro" operating system for it but 3 weeks ago something went wrong, take into consideration that there is no cracked software I use, everything I've installed is...
  3. Unexpected restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected restart: Greetings, I bought for programming a brand-new powerful Asus laptop 4 months ago and purchased "Windows 11 Pro" operating system for it but 3 weeks ago something went wrong, take into consideration that there is no cracked software I use, everything I've installed is...
  4. Unexpected restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected restart: Split from this thread.My laptop restarted without warning during the middle of a very important conversation mental health crisis response kind of stuff, and when it finally booted back up after 10 minutes, I open it to look at this garbage? I second this person's statement....
  5. Unexpected restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected restart: Split from this thread.My laptop restarted without warning during the middle of a very important conversation mental health crisis response kind of stuff, and when it finally booted back up after 10 minutes, I open it to look at this garbage? I second this person's statement....
  6. “The computer restarted unexpectedly...”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    “The computer restarted unexpectedly...”: So I’m currently stuck in a looping “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.” I’ve tried hitting Shift + F10, but nothing happens. I’m on a Surface laptop right now. Any help would be appreciated. Also cant enter in safe mode...
  7. System restart at unexpected times without BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restart at unexpected times without BSOD.: Hello, I'm using this OptiPlex 5055 Ryzen CPU desktop and have uploaded this system's specifications under the "2nd PC Spec" section of my profile. This system often restarts itself at unexpected times, despite the fact that no resource intensive application is run on it...
  8. Unexpected restarts (or BSOD) , minidump available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected restarts (or BSOD) , minidump available: Hi, big problem with BSOD on my virtualised WIndows 10 machines. I ran out of options so am asking you for help as I do not know how to get usefull info out of the dumpfiles can anybody point me in the right direction? minidump:...
  9. Unexpected Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexpected Restart: While I was playing ZDoom 2.7.1, my computer sometimes restarts unexpectedly (Event 41 Kernel-Power): - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  10. Unexpected Restarts but no BSOD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unexpected Restarts but no BSOD: Over the past 2 days I have experienced 4 (2 each day) shut downs and reboots. All while the PC has been idle for sometime while I'm working on another PC in the same room. Event log screen is attached but the bug check tab has no values. The system is on a UPS and there...