Windows 10: unexpected restarts window version 1909

Discus and support unexpected restarts window version 1909 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a HP All-in-one touchscreen. During my online college class with use of built in webcam computer suddenly restarts after about 45 min. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DawnIngle1, Jul 4, 2020.

1. unexpected restarts window version 1909

I have a HP All-in-one touchscreen. During my online college class with use of built in webcam computer suddenly restarts after about 45 min. This only happens while using this application which is called " Collaborate" Palm Beach State College.

:)

DawnIngle1, Jul 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jul 4, 2020
  3. System restart at unexpected times without BSOD.

Hello,

I'm using this OptiPlex 5055 Ryzen CPU desktop and have uploaded this system's specifications under the "2nd PC Spec" section of my profile.

This system often restarts itself at unexpected times, despite the fact that no resource intensive application is run on it (not even the Solitaire game in Windows 10!). Possibly the heaviest application that is run on this system is the Google Chrome Browser! Otherwise, its use is largely limited to the Microsoft Office suite.

I've disabled "Automatically restart" option under Advanced System Settings as follows:

unexpected restarts window version 1909 [​IMG]

Despite this, I don't get the BSOD. The system simply restarts.

So the only option I could think of at my disposal was memory dumps (which thankfully are being created every time the system witnesses such restart!).

I used Nirsoft's BlueScreenView and got the following output:

As you can see, the culprit seems to be ntoskernel.exe.

However, a little reading over the internet suggested related to ntoskernel crash suggested that this is likely to be a drivers issue. But to my disappointment, when I validated this PC's drivers' status with Dell Command Update application, the system already had all relevant drivers installed and updated to their latest versions by Dell's standards.

I also ran the Passmark's Memtest86 testing tool on this system and no problems were reported.

I've run out of ideas at this point so I decided to create this thread.

I ran the Beta Log collector tool and the zip file is attached for your reference (please see DESKTOP-2OOD0RP-(2019-04-16_19-01-26).zip).

Kindly suggest possible issues/troubleshooting steps/solutions.

P.S.: I might be incorrect in posting this thread under the BSOD Crashes and Debugging Forum since this system isn't giving me an actual BSOD. So please let me know in case I migrate this thread to another forum.

Ten64BitUser, Jul 4, 2020
  4. unexpected restarts window version 1909

Kapil Arya MVP, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

unexpected restarts window version 1909

1. unexpected restarts window version 1909 - Similar Threads - unexpected restarts window

2. Unexpected restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected restart: Greetings, I bought for programming a brand-new powerful Asus laptop 4 months ago and purchased "Windows 11 Pro" operating system for it but 3 weeks ago something went wrong, take into consideration that there is no cracked software I use, everything I've installed is...
  3. Unexpected restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected restart: Greetings, I bought for programming a brand-new powerful Asus laptop 4 months ago and purchased "Windows 11 Pro" operating system for it but 3 weeks ago something went wrong, take into consideration that there is no cracked software I use, everything I've installed is...
  4. Unexpected restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected restart: Split from this thread.My laptop restarted without warning during the middle of a very important conversation mental health crisis response kind of stuff, and when it finally booted back up after 10 minutes, I open it to look at this garbage? I second this person's statement....
  5. Unexpected restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected restart: Split from this thread.My laptop restarted without warning during the middle of a very important conversation mental health crisis response kind of stuff, and when it finally booted back up after 10 minutes, I open it to look at this garbage? I second this person's statement....
  6. windows restarts unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows restarts unexpectedly: I have a Thinkpad X1 Extreme Gen 3 running windows 10. The laptop is connected to a Thinkpad Thunderbolt Workstation dock and two external monitors connected.The laptop restarts repeatedly when not in use. No issue while using. Restart happens when put into sleep, or the...
  7. Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error: Dell G3 3590, didn't boot up so tried to reinstall using a flash drive with windows 10 from the media creation tool. It gets stuck at the "Getting devices ready" stage and was forced to hard shut down which makes it loop in "Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an...
  8. Windows version 1909?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows version 1909?: Is it worth updating to version 1909? I am still on 1903 but I am wary of windows updates. submitted by /u/nightspell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ev2556/windows_version_1909/
  9. Windows 10 Pro version 1809 unexpectedly restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro version 1809 unexpectedly restarts: Hello, I am getting unexpected restarts on the computer, but these happen on a Windows 10 Pro version 1809. I am using an Intel I7 chipset on a Gigabyte Z370P motherboard and an NVidia GeForce RTX 2060 GPU. Unfortunately I have not found any solution to this. Please...
  10. Unexpected Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexpected Restart: While I was playing ZDoom 2.7.1, my computer sometimes restarts unexpectedly (Event 41 Kernel-Power): - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...