Windows 10: Unexpected Shut Down Event ID: 41 Task category 63

Discus and support Unexpected Shut Down Event ID: 41 Task category 63 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I play fortnite, sometimes my computer unexpectedly shuts down. My GPU is not overheating when I tested it (64 degrees celcius max) and my CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AneeqShaikh, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Unexpected Shut Down Event ID: 41 Task category 63

Whenever I play fortnite, sometimes my computer unexpectedly shuts down. My GPU is not overheating when I tested it (64 degrees celcius max) and my CPU remains at 85.2 degrees celcius when I stressed tested it.

My specs

GTX 1050ti

16GB of RAM

AMD FX-8300

ASROCK N68-GS4 FX R2.0 motherboard

HDD: Hitachi HUA722010ALA SCSI Disc Drive

Under are the details for the event

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-12-29T19:49:49.857809400Z" />
    <EventRecordID>980</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-UQK8D97</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>

</Event>

I

:)

AneeqShaikh, Dec 29, 2018

2. Event ID 41 Task Category 63

If i get no BSODs, no errors, no events logged in event viewer apart from kernel power 41 (63), not even the windows did not shut down successfully screen (don't know if that is still in windows 10), and the computer just turns off and a few seconds later it turns back on, is it safe to assume that it is the power supply and not the motherboard? Because I have heard that this can be caused by the motherboard. Also when this happens, is it harmful for the rest of the hardware?

Machinematrix, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Event ID 41 Task Category 63

Hi, I am experiencing random reboots in my pc, when it happens it will suddenly shutdown, then a few seconds later it turns on again. It has happened playing games and in idle, temperatures are completely normal, voltages on the 12v rail seem normal, I measured it using hwmonitor and most of the time it's 12,1v. Event viewer shows critical event kernel power 41 (63) and this is what i found in event details:

BugcheckCode 0
    BugcheckParameter1 0x0
    BugcheckParameter2 0x0
    BugcheckParameter3 0x0
    BugcheckParameter4 0x0
    SleepInProgress 0
    PowerButtonTimestamp 0
    BootAppStatus 0
    Checkpoint 0
    ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0

It started a few days ago, all instances show event id 41, and in event details "system sleep transitions to on" often varies.

EDIT: A few days ago I could make it happen by tapping the top of the case, so I opened the case and took some cables out and plugged them back in, after that I could no longer turn it off by tapping the case. However a few minutes ago I tried tapping the back of the power supply and it happened again, not only that, but after it turned back on and booted into the system, it happened again but I didn't touch the computer at all. The computer didn't suffer any physical damage as far as I know, and this power supply is around 6 months old.

Machinematrix, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Unexpected Shut Down Event ID: 41 Task category 63

Random instant shutdowns - Kernel-Power Event ID: 41, Task: 63

I've been having random unexpected shutdowns recently. My laptop completely shuts off suddenly, with no obvious cause. Sometimes when the laptop's awake, sometimes when it's asleep, sometimes when playing games, opening the internet, or even just logging
    in.

I found a load of Critical events in Event Viewer:

Kernel-Power Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63

I had a look around online, and found several 'solutions' most of which were updating drivers.

I have updated:

Bios

Chipset

Audio

Graphics

And I'm still getting shutdowns.

----------------------------------

For reference, my system details:

Alienware 17 laptop

Intel i7 processor

Nvidia Geforce 770M

Windows 10 Home

Estragon Helmer, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Unexpected Shut Down Event ID: 41 Task category 63

1. Unexpected Shut Down Event ID: 41 Task category 63 - Similar Threads - Unexpected Shut Down

2. Event ID 41, Task Category 63

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 41, Task Category 63: So, I've been having the same issue for a while now, and I just want a second opinion. My PC has randomly been rebooting. No BSOD the first time, just cut to a black screen, then reboot. When I do get a BSOD, the screen is glitched, so I can't make out the error code. Before...
  3. System random shut down - Event ID 41, Task Category 63

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System random shut down - Event ID 41, Task Category 63: My computer seems to randomly shut down, almost like a blue screen of death but instead, the bottom half is blacked with glitches and the top half with something similar to "oops something went wrong". I can't find any example images on Google nor can I take a...
  4. System random shut down - Event ID 41, Task Category 63

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System random shut down - Event ID 41, Task Category 63: My computer seems to randomly shut down, almost like a blue screen of death but instead, the bottom half is blacked with glitches and the top half with something similar to "oops something went wrong". I can't find any example images on Google nor can I take a...
  5. System random shut down - Event ID 41, Task Category 63

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Event ID 41, Task Category 63

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 41, Task Category 63: My computer keeps crashing and this was the latest log I have,Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 1/11/2022 9:25:48 PMEvent ID: 41Task Category: 63Level: CriticalKeywords: 70368744177664,2User: SYSTEMComputer: DESKTOP-3GL3Q1FDescription: The system has...
  7. Event ID 41, Task Category 63

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID 41, Task Category 63: My computer keeps crashing and this was the latest log I have,Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 1/11/2022 9:25:48 PMEvent ID: 41Task Category: 63Level: CriticalKeywords: 70368744177664,2User: SYSTEMComputer: DESKTOP-3GL3Q1FDescription: The system has...
  8. Event ID 41, Task Category 63

9. Event ID 41 Task Category 63.

Event ID 41 Task Category 63.: I have a brand new Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05, here are some specs:- AMD RYZEN 7 4800H processor- NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 1650 graphics card- 8gb of RAM- Windows 10 home Version 21h1 OSThe problem is that whenever I play a game, the system randomly restarts, in some occasions with...
  10. Event ID 41 Task category 63

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event ID 41 Task category 63: I have been dealing with this for 6 months and have tried many fixes other than posting a minidump and letting others take a look. Please help it is so ridiculously annoying. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ntBdup2TotIsPhgT-vKLogoQH0n9mDBX/view?usp=sharing submitted by...