Windows 10: Unexpected shutdown - Hardware problem

Discus and support Unexpected shutdown - Hardware problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an unexpected shutdown problem with my Acer E5-576g Windows 10, and I'm stuck in determining the problem source. At the beginning of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Muhaymin A, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Unexpected shutdown - Hardware problem

Hello,

I have an unexpected shutdown problem with my Acer E5-576g Windows 10, and I'm stuck in determining the problem source.

At the beginning of the problem, I tried every possible software solution, and the last one was cleaning the entire SSD and reinstall a different version of Windows 10 but nothing solves it.

I searched about hardware problems cause an unexpected shutdown and I had tried this solution,

1- Checked CPU temperature, and its in a safe state.

2- Checked my HDD and SSD by CMD and it shows both OK.

3- Updated my GPU drivers Intel and Nvidia but doesn't solve it.

4- I had a problem with my Nvidia GPU in the following screenshot:

Unexpected shutdown - Hardware problem da51cce3-9b40-4ddd-95f2-85e1dfbd5273?upload=true.png

So I disabled it from the devices manager and my Paint3D work fine but it doesn't solve the shutdown problem.

5- I checked my RAM's by memory diagnostic and it shows everything is fine.

6- I opened my laptop and have a look at the hardware and far as I see its fine, also I tried to remove the Nvidia chip but I didn't find it.

Notes:

1- I can't remember the problem happens while it's plugged in power.

2- Sometimes it happens when it's in a stable state but in the most, it's happened when I move it.

3- It's normally happened one or two times per day, but also sometimes it's shut down 1-5 times in a row at the same time when I try to boot.

4- Event viewer only shows The previous system shutdown at date was unexpected. and The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Now my questions are:

1- What hardware devices could cause this problem?

2- Is there another solution I should try?

3- Is it possible that the battery just cut power, then connecting again at the same time?

Please help me and thank you.

:)

Muhaymin A, Oct 8, 2020

2. Unexpected Shutdown

Hi

Please see response to your questions below

• Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue?
    No changes other than about a month ago reinstalling W10.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Other than checking updates have successfully installed, none as not sure approach to take.

• What was the exact error code/message you have received?
    No error code or message received. On the first occasion I was looking at outlook and without any warning the PC shutdown. It was almost as if it was a desktop (it is a laptop) and the power stopped. The laptop was plugged into the mains and in addition
    the battery had a full a full charge.

On restarting the laptop no error message came up and I only noted a small difference in boot up, that for a short period a blue screen was displayed (not normally seen on boot up) and then the start screen appeared for me to log in.

As mentioned previously the only reference to this is from the log which in the summary states that there was an unexpected shutdown.

GrahamDavies571, Oct 8, 2020
  3. R-T-B Win User
    PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Unexpected shutdown - Hardware problem

unexpected shutdown

Pavan N

the shutdown has only happened once I will take steps you suggested if it happens again thanks for your help

brianduggan, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Unexpected shutdown - Hardware problem

1. Unexpected shutdown - Hardware problem - Similar Threads - Unexpected shutdown Hardware

2. UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN: I HAD A POWER OUTAGE WHICH CAUSED AN UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN AND NOT I CAN'T GET INTO A PROGRAM I NEED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-shutdown/df20d204-4f5d-4ca5-8103-bbd94898b7c5
  3. UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN: I HAD A POWER OUTAGE WHICH CAUSED AN UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN AND NOT I CAN'T GET INTO A PROGRAM I NEED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-shutdown/df20d204-4f5d-4ca5-8103-bbd94898b7c5
  4. unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unexpected shutdown: Hello, I have been having a problem with my computer for several months now custom built where the computer will just randomly restart itself. This usually happens while gaming and the screen just goes black but has happened once while not gaming. I have already tried windows...
  5. unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unexpected shutdown: Hello, I have been having a problem with my computer for several months now custom built where the computer will just randomly restart itself. This usually happens while gaming and the screen just goes black but has happened once while not gaming. I have already tried windows...
  6. unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Unexpected shutdowns

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unexpected shutdowns: Hello, on freshly new installed microsoft windows 10 pro, activated, i have issue with unexpected shutdowns. Please not that this problem appears only on Win10. On win7 it was not observed. When i enter in the shutdown log, i see error with event id 6008: Log Name:...
  8. Unexpected Shutdown

Unexpected Shutdown: Hi All, I'm running a new installation of Windows 10 a machine and withing days of a fresh install I started experiencing shutdowns with following info from Events Log: Source: Kernel-Power Event ID: 41 Level: Critical User: SYSTEM OpCode: Info Task Category: 63...
  9. Unexpected Shutdowns

Unexpected Shutdowns: Hey Y'all, I hope you can shed some light on my issue. My PC has been shutting down unexpectedly and then reboots. Event Viewer is filled to the brim with Errors and Warnings. Everything from DistributedCOM to Kernel-EvenTracking, User Device Registration and Perflib. I...
  10. Windows Problem Shutdown Unexpectedly

Windows Problem Shutdown Unexpectedly: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 139 Parameter 1: 2 Parameter 2: ffffaf09644c6520 Parameter 3: ffffaf09644c6478 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_17134 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 256_1 OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.121 Locale ID: 1033 Files that help...