Windows 10: Unexpected shutdown in evnt log

Discus and support Unexpected shutdown in evnt log in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Not much to go on but this morning around 10am I tried to get my main machine out of the lock screen but no response. I ended up doing a hard reset and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by banger, Aug 1, 2015.

1. banger Win User

Unexpected shutdown in evnt log

Not much to go on but this morning around 10am I tried to get my main machine out of the lock screen but no response. I ended up doing a hard reset and it booted normally.

Checking the event log at 10am it says the computer unexpectedly shutdown at 03.24 but scrolling back to that time in the event log there is nothing. About an hour earlier there's a few service errors but essentially nothing.

Not a lot to go on but I have been having driver crashes of the graphics driver, NVIDIA, any ideas?

Tim

:)

banger, Aug 1, 2015

2. Hello could you tell me what is user32 event 1074, could you please help, i would like to disable this User 32

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the reply. We apologize for the delay in the response.

The User32 1076 event is written when the first user with shutdown privileges logs on to the computer after an unexpected restart or shutdown and supplies a reason for the occurrence. An unexpected restart or shutdown is one that the system cannot anticipate,
    such as when the user pushes the computer's reset button or unplugs the power cord.

Hope this information is helpful.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 video tdr failure (atikmpag.sys.sys)

Log Name: System

Source: EventLog

Date: 17/10/2016 16:45:42

Event ID: 6008

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP-S4RSUA9

Description:

The previous system shutdown at 8:30:23 AM on ‎10/‎17/‎2016 was unexpected.

The problem arises from something you installed or changed before this unexpected shutdown.

Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 1, 2015
  4. WIbigdog Win User

I have the same thing as you with no solution yet. Running Win 7 on my desktop perfectly fine on Wednesday, upgraded to Win 10 Wednesday evening and spent the evening tinkering around, playing some video games, installing programs again (did pretty much a clean install). Go to work Thursday, and I come home to my computer sitting in my uefi settings...Tried to boot up windows, took about 5 minutes to get passed the startup process to a viewable desktop, and then performance was extremely slow for about 10 minutes. Figured it was updating or something, because after that 10 minutes it was fine, so wrote it off as a fluke. What told me it wasn't a fluke was when I got home the next day from work and once again, sitting in the uefi settings. Another super long boot, and this time it threw a BSOD while attempt to load the desktop.

And it just went downhill from there, I could get it to boot, which would take about 10 minutes once every 3-4 attempts. And after each BSOD my computer didn't register the windows boot manager until the next reboot...Error was usually DPC_WatchDog mixed with some other random ones. Tried with a bootable win 10 flash drive to do a repair or something but whenever it tried it would hard shut down and reboot. Tried to do a scan of the HDD when I did get into win 10 and was able to get to that point without it BSOD'ing, it paused about 2/5ths of the way through the hdd scan and had me schedule a boot time scan, so I did that, it rebooted, and then said it failed to scan the drive.

So I figured...okay, the drives probably busted, a bit coincidental that it worked perfectly fine on Win 7 all the way down to only a few dozen gigs of space left and then broke the day after a win 10 install, but okay...so I put in a 5 month old HDD in place of it and went for a clean install of win 10...install went smoothly, installed, reset itself, got in, installed nvidia drivers, driver had me reboot, okay, do that, got as far as getting past the first windows logo with the spinning dots and now it just sits there with a black screen, no mouse cursor or anything and it will not get passed that, even trying all the tips for windows thinking there's another monitor on the inte

WIbigdog, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Unexpected shutdown in evnt log - Similar Threads - Unexpected shutdown evnt

2. UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN: I HAD A POWER OUTAGE WHICH CAUSED AN UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN AND NOT I CAN'T GET INTO A PROGRAM I NEED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-shutdown/df20d204-4f5d-4ca5-8103-bbd94898b7c5
  3. UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN: I HAD A POWER OUTAGE WHICH CAUSED AN UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN AND NOT I CAN'T GET INTO A PROGRAM I NEED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-shutdown/df20d204-4f5d-4ca5-8103-bbd94898b7c5
  4. unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unexpected shutdown: Hello, I have been having a problem with my computer for several months now custom built where the computer will just randomly restart itself. This usually happens while gaming and the screen just goes black but has happened once while not gaming. I have already tried windows...
  5. unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unexpected shutdown: Hello, I have been having a problem with my computer for several months now custom built where the computer will just randomly restart itself. This usually happens while gaming and the screen just goes black but has happened once while not gaming. I have already tried windows...
  6. unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Unexpected shutdowns

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unexpected shutdowns: Hello, on freshly new installed microsoft windows 10 pro, activated, i have issue with unexpected shutdowns. Please not that this problem appears only on Win10. On win7 it was not observed. When i enter in the shutdown log, i see error with event id 6008: Log Name:...
  8. Unexpected Shutdown

Unexpected Shutdown: Hi All, I'm running a new installation of Windows 10 a machine and withing days of a fresh install I started experiencing shutdowns with following info from Events Log: Source: Kernel-Power Event ID: 41 Level: Critical User: SYSTEM OpCode: Info Task Category: 63...
  9. Unexpected Shutdowns

Unexpected Shutdowns: Hey Y'all, I hope you can shed some light on my issue. My PC has been shutting down unexpectedly and then reboots. Event Viewer is filled to the brim with Errors and Warnings. Everything from DistributedCOM to Kernel-EvenTracking, User Device Registration and Perflib. I...
  10. Unexpected shutdowns with no warning - event logs attached

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexpected shutdowns with no warning - event logs attached: This has been happening since last 24 hours, My toshiba laptops shuts down automatically without showing any warning, the first it happened about 20 minutes after I turned it on , after the shutdown I again hit the power button and it started normally but after 2 minutes it...