Windows 10: Unexpected symlink resolution by windows 10 cmd

Discus and support Unexpected symlink resolution by windows 10 cmd in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Currently observed in Win 10 Pro and Home. Requires some external tooling to trigger the behavior PS1 is not appropriate in default configuration, as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnrDaemon, Jan 27, 2022.

1. AnrDaemon Win User

Unexpected symlink resolution by windows 10 cmd

Currently observed in Win 10 Pro and Home. Requires some external tooling to trigger the behavior PS1 is not appropriate in default configuration, as it calls notepad to interpret the script who was that idiot?. I'm using TCC-RT freeware runtime of TakeCommand/Console, but you could use anything you have on hand properly configured PS1 for example.Reproduction script repro.cmd:mkdir d1mkdir d2echo @Echo %%~dp0 > d1\t1-runner.cmdmklink d2\t1.cmd "%~dp0d1\t1-runner.cmd"d2\t1.cmdResult must be "…\d2\".Now repeating it all for TCC. TCC must be configured to execute&nbs

:)

AnrDaemon, Jan 27, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Symlinks in Windows 10

Source: Symlinks in Windows 10! - Building Apps for WindowsBuilding Apps for Windows

Brink, Jan 27, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Symlinks in Windows 10

Source: Symlinks in Windows 10! - Building Apps for WindowsBuilding Apps for Windows

Brink, Jan 27, 2022
  4. Unexpected symlink resolution by windows 10 cmd

Symlink deleted with Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Aydee,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• When you upgrade to Windows 10, you will be able to see the report of things needs to be taken care after upgrade, did you get any such report referring to Symlink?

I would like to inform you that this might have happened due to incompatibility of Symlink with Windows 10, try upgrading to the latest version of Symlink.

If that does not help, install the Symlink in compatibility mode and check if that helps

Install the software in compatibility mode.

a. Locate the executable file (.exe file) for the Symlink.

b. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.

c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.

d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 8.1 with which it is compatible with in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.

e. Double-click the executable file to start the Symlink.

For further assistance please get in touch with Symlink support, so that they can assist you better.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

Unexpected symlink resolution by windows 10 cmd

1. Unexpected symlink resolution by windows 10 cmd - Similar Threads - Unexpected symlink resolution

2. Screen resolution changed unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen resolution changed unexpectedly: While I was playing a game on my laptop I changed my in-game resolution in order for my game to run smoother, but when I exited the game I discovered that my display resolution was also changed accordingly to my game resolution. Now my screen is on 1440*900 instead of...
  3. Screen resolution changed unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen resolution changed unexpectedly: While I was playing a game on my laptop I changed my in-game resolution in order for my game to run smoother, but when I exited the game I discovered that my display resolution was also changed accordingly to my game resolution. Now my screen is on 1440*900 instead of...
  4. Screen resolution changed unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. CMD script to recreate users AppData folder with all symlinks non-admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CMD script to recreate users AppData folder with all symlinks non-admin: can you provide a simple cmdline script which can recreate AppData folder structure along with all the symlinks must run without Admin Priviledges...
  6. Unexpected symlink resolution by windows 10 cmd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unexpected symlink resolution by windows 10 cmd: Currently observed in Win 10 Pro and Home. Requires some external tooling to trigger the behavior PS1 is not appropriate in default configuration, as it calls notepad to interpret the script who was that idiot?. I'm using TCC-RT freeware runtime of TakeCommand/Console, but...
  7. Unexpected symlink resolution by windows 10 cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected symlink resolution by windows 10 cmd: Currently observed in Win 10 Pro and Home. Requires some external tooling to trigger the behavior PS1 is not appropriate in default configuration, as it calls notepad to interpret the script who was that idiot?. I'm using TCC-RT freeware runtime of TakeCommand/Console, but...
  8. creating symlink

in Windows 10 Support
    creating symlink: using Command Prompt, only to be told that I "do not have sufficient privileges" What am I doing wrong, please? 147104
  9. Screen resolution unexpectedly changes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution unexpectedly changes: Since upgrading my PC to Windows 10, I am having an occasional issue while browsing that is non-fatal but very annoying. This happened frequently in Chrome, and much less so with Firefox. Usually while scrolling on some page, the following sequence occurs: 1) A short sound...
  10. Symlinks in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Symlinks in Windows 10: Overview Symlinks, or symbolic links, are “virtual” files or folders which reference a physical file or folder located elsewhere, and are an important feature built in to many operating systems, including Linux and Windows. The Windows’ NTFS file system has supported...