Windows 10: Unexpected windows crash, event id 41

Discus and support Unexpected windows crash, event id 41 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I experience random crashes, usually once a day during the night, I come back and my computer is on bios setup screen after it was on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IsraelGoldshtein, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Unexpected windows crash, event id 41

Hi everyone,

I experience random crashes, usually once a day during the night, I come back and my computer is on bios setup screen after it was on windows desktop. msinfo and event viewer are attached below.

when looking at the system event viewer I see critical errors that correlate with the crashes, they all look like the following:

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date: 25/02/2021 7:06:50

Event ID: 41

Task Category: 63

Level: Critical

Keywords: 70368744177664,2

User: SYSTEM

Computer: DESKTOP-555VQ6A

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>8</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-02-25T05:06:50.2234963Z" />

<EventRecordID>28428</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-555VQ6A</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">292</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x10</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>

<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">true</Data>

<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2">0</Data>

<Data Name="LongPowerButtonPressDetected">false</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I also see the following issue just before the critical error:

Log Name: System

Source: volmgr

Date: 25/02/2021 7:06:50

Event ID: 161

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP-555VQ6A

Description:

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="volmgr" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49156">161</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-02-25T05:06:50.0962968Z" />

<EventRecordID>28425</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="604" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-555VQ6A</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>\Device\HarddiskVolume4</Data>

<Binary>000000000100000000000000A10004C000000400010000C000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

msinfo32 link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ap5uc2bq22pacqb/debug.nfo?dl=0

custom event log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kkl8twak8ysxn34/customEvents.evtx?dl=0

I suspected a power failure so I replaced my power supply unit, it is now 750W instead of the old 650W, still this issue occurs.

Thanks in advance!

:)

IsraelGoldshtein, Feb 25, 2021

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Event 41, Karnel - Power

Hello,

The Event 41 is used to report the unexpected shutting down of a device. For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer? If yes, can you tell us the changes?

Meanwhile, we recommend following the workaround on this link. The article
    is about Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Unexpected windows crash, event id 41

Event 41, Karnel - Power

Sorry for very late response.

I tried Windows Memory diagnostic but Ram is okay, and i didn't make any changes to my computer.

milosnikolic7a, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Unexpected windows crash, event id 41

1. Unexpected windows crash, event id 41 - Similar Threads - Unexpected crash event

2. Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID 41: Hi, my PC has been crashing with Event ID 41I've tried:Replacing PSUUpdating BIOSReinstalling GPU Drivers using DDUMoving PC Power plug to surge protectorReplacing home electrical socketUsing sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth both showed no issuesTech...
  3. event id 41

event id 41: Hello. i just recently started to get som issues with my gaming pc. while ingame after maybe 10 minutes the pc freezes and the screen either turns black or just freezes and ill need to press the power button in order to use the pc again. I have just replaced the old psu with...
  4. Event ID 41

Event ID 41: How do I find out what is causing this error? It shuts down fine without crashing yet I get these... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-id-41/1d4ac92b-f285-45c5-a18e-0cfaf56b8662
  5. Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 41: Hi,I've been dealing with this issue where my computer will randomly lose power no shutting down or restarting message, then reboot itself. Checking Event Viewer right after the reboot shows Event ID 41 The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error...
  6. Event ID 41 issue unexpected restarts.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Event ID 41 issue unexpected restarts.: I have tried everything but cant fix auto restart issue Kernel power 41here is the the info that you need to identify the problem for me Bin file download link :https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgsPgFGAtyVqjSsHBBgBOlPFb_w5?e=8M28XE...
  7. Event ID 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 41: Hi, i recently built a gaming pc and received it in august but i have been facing non stop issues as my pc restarts at random times when it is idle or when im using the internet to watch youtube and or netflix. I cant do any work on my pc due to this issue. However, when i...
  8. Multiple crashes Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple crashes Event ID 41: I have been getting this error repeatedly and it is driving me insane. I have switched out my PSU, Mobo, RAM, and tested my video card, and it's not any of these. Temperatures are all fine as well. I did a complete re-install of Windows and it still crashed; I went back and...
  9. Event ID 41

Event ID 41: I had a restarting problem about 8 months ago with event ID 41, I post a question and one of your technicians told me to change the power supply. I have done it and my problem solved. now I have the same problem but this time changing the power supply didn't solved my...
  10. Event ID 41

Event ID 41: I have a regular power down issue I have attached Application and System Logs Could someone take a look and see what might be the cause? This has starte happening in the last week - multiple power downs while I am seemingly not doing anything....