Windows 10: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP error in Windows 10

Discus and support UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP error in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When a CPU generates a trap or an exception, and the operating system kernel is not able to catch that particular trap, it gives out an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 18, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP error in Windows 10

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP error in Windows 10 UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP-100x100.jpg
    When a CPU generates a trap or an exception, and the operating system kernel is not able to catch that particular trap, it gives out an annoying Blue Screen with the error message UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP. The error code for this [...]

This post UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP error in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update BSOD kernel crash - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Hi Bernat,

Blue screen of death associated with UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP error can be related to hard drive corruption. We suggest that you scan and repair blue screen errors by running "Check Disk" command (chkdsk) by following the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Type "command" in the Search box.
    • While holding CTRL + Shift on your keyboard, press Enter. You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
    • Click Yes. A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
    • Type "chkdsk /f" and press Enter. It will begin scanning for hard disk corruption that could be causing 0x7F stop error.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

You can also refer to this
    article
    to resolve blue screen errors in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 18, 2018
  4. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP error in Windows 10

stop code UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Hi I still have a problem with UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

• When did the issue start? - 4 days ago
    • Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue? - no
    • Did you recently make any hardware changes to your PC? - no
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? - restarted, uninstalled unused software
    • current Version 1703 and OS Build 15063.726
    • I"ll appreciate your assistance on this problem

IlyaLitovchik, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP error in Windows 10

1. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP error in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP error

2. HP Pavilion has BSOD with error code: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. ntoskrnl.exe is the problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion has BSOD with error code: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. ntoskrnl.exe is the problem.: So, this started on tuesday. I logged out of my computer only to be met with a blue screen of death. That night, I spent 5 hours straight without any problems, but the moment I logged out, another BSOD. I looked at it in bluescreenview, and ntoskrnl is the problem. Anyone...
  3. HP Pavilion has BSOD with error code: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. ntoskrnl.exe is the problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion has BSOD with error code: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. ntoskrnl.exe is the problem.: So, this started on tuesday. I logged out of my computer only to be met with a blue screen of death. That night, I spent 5 hours straight without any problems, but the moment I logged out, another BSOD. I looked at it in bluescreenview, and ntoskrnl is the problem. Anyone...
  4. PC keep rebooting with BSoD with error UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep rebooting with BSoD with error UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: It's been a couple of weeks that my pc keet getting a Blue Screen of Death caused by the error UNEXPTECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. I've tried every possible solution that I've found online, but i can't get rid of it.Can you help me? Here's the minidump.zip from the last BSoD:...
  5. PC keep rebooting with BSoD with error UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

PC keep rebooting with BSoD with error UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: It's been a couple of weeks that my pc keet getting a Blue Screen of Death caused by the error UNEXPTECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. I've tried every possible solution that I've found online, but i can't get rid of it.Can you help me? Here's the minidump.zip from the last BSoD:...
  6. PC keep rebooting with BSoD with error UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. blue screen error : Stop code: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen error : Stop code: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: Hello All,Iam seeing the similiar error for my new Surface laptop 4 bought two months ago with Windows 11 , Frequently the laptop shuts down with blue screen , Stop code :UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAPWould appreciate if any of the community member can help us or has seen same...
  8. blue screen error : Stop code: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

blue screen error : Stop code: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: Hello All,Iam seeing the similiar error for my new Surface laptop 4 bought two months ago with Windows 11 , Frequently the laptop shuts down with blue screen , Stop code :UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAPWould appreciate if any of the community member can help us or has seen same...
  9. Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap error after not touching computer for a couple minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap error after not touching computer for a couple minutes: Hi there, my computer crashes any time I step away from it for more than 5 minutes. If I'm actively using it, it won't crash. It's always the same error, 'unexpected_kernel_mode_trap'. I saw in a previous question that someone had posted some minidumps. Here's my most recent...
  10. Blue Screen Error Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_trap HOW TO FIX????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen Error Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_trap HOW TO FIX????: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 7f Parameter 1: 8 Parameter 2: fffff8043d488e70 Parameter 3: ffffce08a68bdff0 Parameter 4: fffff80438ce5d61 OS version: 10_0_19041 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 768_1 OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101 Locale ID: 1033...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP Windows 10 1809

2. kernel mode trap only when using my account windows 10

3. when i open file explorer it crashes i get a kernel mode trap error