Windows 10: Unexplained changes to Windows 10 desktop, app behavior

Discus and support Unexplained changes to Windows 10 desktop, app behavior in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Unexplained changes to my PC: 1. All apps now run full-screen - 'restore down' button in upper right doesn't work to switch app to window 2. Lists in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BruceP312, Nov 28, 2018.

1. BruceP312 Win User

Unexplained changes to Windows 10 desktop, app behavior

Unexplained changes to my PC:
    1. All apps now run full-screen - 'restore down' button in upper right doesn't work to switch app to window
    2. Lists in Windows Explorer changed from single-spaced to double-spaced
    3. Icon for background screen capture utility (Snagit) now missing from right end of task bar
    4. Home screen changes:
    a. Icons for items in 'desktop' folder no longer display on desktop
    b. Personal folder of often-used apps that I'd set up as added item on start menu now displays full-time on desktop
    c. 'Life at a Glance' (MS news feed) and 'Play & Explore' used to be on start menu; now display full-time on desktop

==============================================================
    *** What caused these changes, and how do I make them go away? ***
    Note: running v1803 of Win 10, so Oct 2018 update not a factor(?)
    ==============================================================

:)

BruceP312, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2018
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    why is there a windows 10 app for netflix?

Yes, it's no longer the windows phone OS. It's just Windows 10. And yes, the app is perfect for the phone.

rtwjunkie, Nov 28, 2018
  4. rezpower Win User

Uninstall or change a program (Some installed apps not listed) !

Hi guys and thanks for your replies.
    As you suggested Irene I have them listed in "All apps" but it's still not normal not having them listed in windows 10 uninstall app!
    And Roy Computer>C>Users>yourname>appdata>local has all the apps that are currently in " Uninstall or change a program" but
    the apps that are not there are not in this folder either!
    Anyway I find this to be a strange behavior on windows 10 (never had this with any other version). Is this a bug? anyone else have this problem?

rezpower, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Unexplained changes to Windows 10 desktop, app behavior - Similar Threads - Unexplained changes desktop

2. Bizarre unexplainable WiFi behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bizarre unexplainable WiFi behavior: For the past week my WiFi has been acting extremely weird. I have a Netgear router and updated it's firmware in the past week I think I didn't have these issues before then, but it's irrelevant as this doesn't happen on my phone Basically what happens is that whenever I have...
  3. Bizarre unexplainable WiFi behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bizarre unexplainable WiFi behavior: For the past week my WiFi has been acting extremely weird. I have a Netgear router and updated it's firmware in the past week I think I didn't have these issues before then, but it's irrelevant as this doesn't happen on my phone Basically what happens is that whenever I have...
  4. Bizarre unexplainable WiFi behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Taskbar behavior changed when selecting apps with multiple windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar behavior changed when selecting apps with multiple windows: Yesterday, my system was updated to Windows 10 Home 10.19042 Build 19042.This morning, I noticed a strange and frustrating behavior when trying to use the Taskbar to switch to a window in an app with more than one window open.Here's my Taskbar:Outlook, Excel and Nuance Power...
  6. Desktop saved stuff changing position behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop saved stuff changing position behavior: It's been a long time since I first noticed this Windows behavior. Most of times, when I save something to the desktop, the system will place the new item as the last one on the right. Now and then, mostly when installing some apps, it will position the icon right below the...
  7. Changing cursor behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing cursor behavior: Does someone have any ideas how to make windows to move cursor to end of line with down arrow if no lines are below, like in macOS? Without using another shortcuts or buttons. submitted by /u/Windows-1251 [link] [comments]...
  8. Strange Desktop Behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Desktop Behavior: Running Win10 with Open-ShellShortcuts can be placed on the desktop. But when you hover over a desktop icon a rectangular area about 1" highand half the desktop width changes to a blue lighter than the desktop blue.This seems to be strange behavior.Has anyone else experienced...
  9. Windows 10 Strange Behavior for windows of Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Strange Behavior for windows of Microsoft Apps: While setting up the new laptop PC I got two days ago, I have encountered a weird problem. (That means I've never seen anything similar before.) The PC, an HP 15t, came with Windows 10 home pre-installed. Here is the issue: The windows for Microsoft products (such as...
  10. Windows 10 changes Outlook default behavior

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 changes Outlook default behavior: In upgrading from Windows 8 to Win10, it's changed a number of default settings which I can't figure out how to change. First, when I send a message in Outlook 2013, it returns me to the desktop instead of the Inbox. THis is incredibly annoying. Does anyone know how to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thread behaviour changes in windows 10

2. dektop application behavior

3. latest windows 10 desktop behavior layers 2019