Windows 10: Unexplained File Deletion and Corruption Issue - Seeking Assistance

Discus and support Unexplained File Deletion and Corruption Issue - Seeking Assistance in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello community, I've encountered a perplexing issue that I haven't experienced in my extensive history of dealing with computers since the days of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David B 40258, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Unexplained File Deletion and Corruption Issue - Seeking Assistance

Hello community, I've encountered a perplexing issue that I haven't experienced in my extensive history of dealing with computers since the days of the 8088 processor. While attempting to print a document, I was alarmed to find that every single document folder on ALL of my HDDs, including network drives and backup drives, had vanished. Upon investigation, I checked OneDrive, even though I don't actively use it. Surprisingly, the entire folder structure was present, but unfortunately, most of the files were corrupt. Despite trying well-known Word and PDF repair programs, the corruption pro

:)

David B 40258, Mar 4, 2024

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Jhon Dhon Win User
    Issues with Site Display on MSN: Seeking Assistance and Solutions

Hello MSN Community,

I've been experiencing some challenges with how my website (removed link) appears on MSN, and I'm seeking your help and expertise to resolve the issue. Despite ensuring that my website is optimized and functional, it seems that there are display inconsistencies or errors specifically when accessed through MSN.

Steps Taken:

1. I've thoroughly reviewed my website's coding and design elements to ensure compatibility with various browsers and platforms.
    2. I've tested the website's responsiveness and performance on different devices and screen sizes to identify any potential display issues.
    3. I've checked for any server-side errors or connectivity issues that may affect the website's accessibility on MSN.
    4. I've reached out to MSN support for assistance and guidance on resolving the display problems but haven't received a satisfactory solution yet.
    Question: Has anyone else encountered similar issues with their website's display on MSN, and if so, how did you address them? Are there any specific troubleshooting steps or optimizations that you would recommend to ensure compatibility with MSN's platform? Your insights and suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I work to improve the user experience for visitors accessing my

(removed link)

Jhon Dhon, Mar 4, 2024
  4. Jetster Win User

Unexplained File Deletion and Corruption Issue - Seeking Assistance

Corrupted file RAR

If its many rar files just delete the corrupted one and then download it again

Jetster, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

Unexplained File Deletion and Corruption Issue - Seeking Assistance

1. Unexplained File Deletion and Corruption Issue - Seeking Assistance - Similar Threads - Unexplained File Deletion

2. Unexplained File Deletion and Corruption Issue - Seeking Assistance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexplained File Deletion and Corruption Issue - Seeking Assistance: Hello community, I've encountered a perplexing issue that I haven't experienced in my extensive history of dealing with computers since the days of the 8088 processor. While attempting to print a document, I was alarmed to find that every single document folder on ALL of my...
  3. Unexplained File Deletion and Corruption Issue - Seeking Assistance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexplained File Deletion and Corruption Issue - Seeking Assistance: Hello community, I've encountered a perplexing issue that I haven't experienced in my extensive history of dealing with computers since the days of the 8088 processor. While attempting to print a document, I was alarmed to find that every single document folder on ALL of my...
  4. Seeking Community Assistance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking Community Assistance: I hope this message finds you well. I find myself grappling with a critical issue on my Windows system that has persisted despite my best efforts to resolve it. In the hopes of finding a solution, I'm reaching out to this community for assistance....
  5. Seeking Community Assistance

Seeking Community Assistance: I hope this message finds you well. I find myself grappling with a critical issue on my Windows system that has persisted despite my best efforts to resolve it. In the hopes of finding a solution, I'm reaching out to this community for assistance....
  6. issue with Notepad Functionality - Seeking Assistance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    issue with Notepad Functionality - Seeking Assistance: Dear Microsoft Support, I hope this message finds you well. I am currently experiencing difficulties with the Notepad application on my Windows HP operating system. The program does not seem to be functioning properly, and I am encountering some embedded code is running in...
  7. issue with Notepad Functionality - Seeking Assistance

issue with Notepad Functionality - Seeking Assistance: Dear Microsoft Support, I hope this message finds you well. I am currently experiencing difficulties with the Notepad application on my Windows HP operating system. The program does not seem to be functioning properly, and I am encountering some embedded code is running in...
  8. Unexplained Disappearance of Disk Space After Game Updates: Seeking Assistance and Solutions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unexplained Disappearance of Disk Space After Game Updates: Seeking Assistance and Solutions: Hello,I am addressing an issue that occurred on my computer after updating several games. Today, a system notification suddenly appeared indicating a lack of space on the C drive, which surprised me. Typically, I maintain about 20 gigabytes of free space on this drive, so...
  9. Unexplained Disappearance of Disk Space After Game Updates: Seeking Assistance and Solutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexplained Disappearance of Disk Space After Game Updates: Seeking Assistance and Solutions: Hello,I am addressing an issue that occurred on my computer after updating several games. Today, a system notification suddenly appeared indicating a lack of space on the C drive, which surprised me. Typically, I maintain about 20 gigabytes of free space on this drive, so...
  10. Unexplained Disappearance of Disk Space After Game Updates: Seeking Assistance and Solutions