Windows 10: Unexplained loss of memory space in ASUS LA555F laptop.

Discus and support Unexplained loss of memory space in ASUS LA555F laptop. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As said, it could be a memory leak, ussually caused by a driver, so try to update drivers first. Manufacturer displays latest drivers from 2016, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Unexplained loss of memory space in ASUS LA555F laptop.

As said, it could be a memory leak, ussually caused by a driver, so try to update drivers first.

Manufacturer displays latest drivers from 2016, so try something like Wise Driver Care.

You have un-installed VisualC++ required by some software and it causes it to crash.Download Download VisualC+ and after you run the setup, type just "Y" for it to install.

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
  2. npscott1 Win User

An ASUS tech advised that I had to reset the machine to default to see if it was a software program. Instead, I used WIN10 restore.

A VIPRE tech said WIN10 with its many updates was eating all the space and that, with 4 gigs of RAM, I didn't have enough RAM.

After using Restore, memory improved slightly. It deleted all my programs including VIPRE, virus protection. I deleted all but a handful of graphics.

After restore was completed, I got this message a couple of times: "MSVCR100.dll is missing. Reinstall the program." I have no idea what that means.

While the restore and deleted graphics helped, it still takes three second before "paste" pastes. Most of the graphics on Twitter do not display, though better than before Restore was run.

Any ideas?

:)

npscott1, Apr 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 installation on external hard drive

Hi,

I have Asus X205T EEEBOOK. Since the laptop doesn't have enough internal space, I installed windows 10 update in the memory card. Lately, I noticed that the boot time has increased substantially, possibly because earlier the Windows was loading from SSD
    and now it is using the memory card. Also I am not even sure if I can unplug the memory card from laptop.

Is it possible to move the OS to my internal SSD drive as I have created enough space by removing the old windows file.

Regards,

Kunal Jain

KunalJain1506, Apr 16, 2018
  4. Unexplained loss of memory space in ASUS LA555F laptop.

Unexplained Disk Space Increase

Thanks man. I should have paid more attention to the terminology.

Regarding the problem i have seen it with hidden files also but it is nowhere near the 400 gb mark.
    Unexplained loss of memory space in ASUS LA555F laptop. [​IMG]

SahajBhalla, Apr 16, 2018
  5. werby Win User
    Just nonsense... 4 GB is good enough!

Your problem should be solved (keeping your apps and files) following this:
    How to Do a Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Best solution is a Clean Installation :
    How to Clean Install Windows 10
    By this way, any garbage of previous (manufacturer's) installation will be gone.

werby, Apr 17, 2018
  6. CountMike New Member
    Although it's a bit on low side (physical RAM) it should be quite enough for anything but some games and programs that use much RAM. Your problem may be with free memory because of some memory "leak" (usually caused by some driver) or some memory resident program (like Vipre for instance) taking inordinate amount of RAM.
    Can you post a picture of your Task manager > Performance tab > Open Resource Monitor > Memory tab ?

CountMike, Apr 17, 2018
Thema:

Unexplained loss of memory space in ASUS LA555F laptop.

1. Unexplained loss of memory space in ASUS LA555F laptop. - Similar Threads - Unexplained loss memory

2. Unexplained Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unexplained Display: Hello Folks, when I connect my Doro PhoneEasy 612 mobile phone to any USB port on my Win 10 or Win 7 PC I gat as in my image. My Win 10 pc is a laptop without a disc drive.-...
  3. Unexplained dowloads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unexplained dowloads: Today, Host Process for Windows Services has downloaded 1GB with no request, permission, or explanation.I have metered broadband during the day. I do not take kindly to 10% of the month's allowance being used in this way.The two main servers involved were:...
  4. Random loss of hard drive space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random loss of hard drive space?: Dropbox said something about too little memory and then i checked "My PC" and it said 8GB. Then i searched on my PC if there are files i do not need, i literally come back after 1min and it says 2GB?! How? I can not think of anything, i don't remember that i installed...
  5. Unexplained high memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexplained high memory usage: I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and 8 GBs of RAM. Whenever I go into task manager, memory usage is usually around 80%, despite the processes themselves only taking up around 2GB or around 25%. I've searched the internet for help and done things like disabling Sysmain,...
  6. C driveOS space loss

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C driveOS space loss: I recently installed windows 10 version 1709 ,and later updated to version 1903. i see that the space in c drive is gradually decreasing without any reason,,space occupied by the programme file is fixed. i noticed that about 2.5 gb space is occupied by pagefiles. i have 6 gb...
  7. Memory space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Memory space: Hello everyone. I am using microsoft surface pro 6 128gb intel i5. I have a problem with storage of my laptop. 65gb is full by temporary files, only 24 gb is by sistem, I ran 'disk cleanup' and cleaned tempapry files by %temp% mettodes doen't helping at all. I have only one...
  8. Disk or memory space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk or memory space: Over the past months, my laptop has had trouble with the disk and/or the memory space being at 100%. It slows down my computer to where nothing opens, even task manager and if it does the program sticks....
  9. sudden loss of HD space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sudden loss of HD space: I had almost 300 g of 500 g free and suddenly it went to under 100 g. I did a system restore from before the memory loss and it is still there. can I find these 'files' and delete them or what is the problem? 28473
  10. Unexplained disk space usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexplained disk space usage: So I got a new Dell laptop with 120GB SSD, and I installed Windows 10 on it. After installation I had 90GB free space, and that seemed normal because I thought it needed space for all the system files. Then I installed Visual Studio and some minor programs and I was at 70GB....