Windows 10: Unexplained reboot nothing in event log

Discus and support Unexplained reboot nothing in event log in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Wondering if this is a hardware problem or something else (see specs). Machine is on 24/7 and since updating the graphics driver to the latest version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by banger, Jan 24, 2018.

1. banger Win User

Unexplained reboot nothing in event log

Wondering if this is a hardware problem or something else (see specs). Machine is on 24/7 and since updating the graphics driver to the latest version from Nvidia as it contains Spectre mitigations I have experienced 1 black screen which lasted for 2 seconds.

The other night I left my machine at the login screen and came back to it the next morning and it was at the login screen still but must have rebooted as it took a few seconds to login and startup programs had to run again as if I was logging in after a reboot.

Nothing in the even log apart from an event log uptime of 5 hours at midday. Any ideas as to what could have caused the reboot as usually when there is a power blip I get a kernel power event in the event log?

:)

banger, Jan 24, 2018

2. Nokia re-format freeze

unexplainably, the hard reset now worked. Thanks Nokia for nothing

mimik---01, Jan 24, 2018
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Is it safe to delete the empty folder <C:\ProgramData\regid.1991-06.com.microsoft> ?

I'm using now for the past several hours. Nothing extra showing in event logs and probably been rebooted a time or two times. TastManager shows 4:48 minutes up time right now.

'Mike P, Jan 24, 2018
  4. Unexplained reboot nothing in event log

Hello,

Black screens or random flashes are completely fine when updating or reinstalling your graphics driver.

Are you sure there was a reboot? I mean, your machine might activate power saving mode and shut all the programs down.

Also, unless it happens very often and it bugs you, I don't see any big deal happening here EVEN if there actually was a reboot so yeah you shouldn't be worried.

Midou35000, Jan 24, 2018
  5. johnpd Win User
    Check the Reliability History ("Control Panel" > "Security and Maintenance" > "Maintenance" > "View reliability history") or
    ("Start" > "Run" and type "perfmon /rel" then click "OK" or press {Enter}). You will see a number of "Critical" errors. Click on the "View technical details" of one of these errors and it should show the error details. For some reason, crashes may not be showing on the Event Logs anymore, but do show on the Reliability History.

JohnD

johnpd, Jan 24, 2018
  6. CountMike New Member
    After (re)installing most drivers it's normal to reboot the system so driver can take effect. I always reboot even when it doesn't explicitly says so.

CountMike, Jan 24, 2018
  7. Polo6RGTI Win User
    You can use this command to see the time when your computer booted/rebooted.

Code: systeminfo | find "Boot Time"[/quote]

Polo6RGTI, Jan 24, 2018
  8. banger Win User

[/quote] Thanks for that it shows 23/01/18 07:00:50 so I was right it reboot going to check reliability history now.

Edit from RH: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff8010a60a370, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012318-17062-01.dmp. Report Id: 041d5c32-2867-4ec0-98da-9ef5c9aedf65.

banger, Jan 24, 2018
  9. johnpd Win User
    This is the definition of that error:

"Bug Check 0x113: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR"

The VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000113. This indicates that the Microsoft DirectX graphics kernel subsystem has detected a violation.

So it appears that it may be a graphics driver related issue. You said you updated your graphics driver recently. You might want to back off to the previous version. There have been a number of issues with the updates being put out to fix the Meltdown/Spectre problems. HP and Dell have pulled BIOS updates due to the problems they have caused. It might be best to wait until the smoke clears before doing these updates.

JohnD

johnpd, Jan 25, 2018
  10. banger Win User
    Thanks John will roll the graphics driver back.

banger, Jan 25, 2018
  11. banger Win User
    No more reboots so can say this is solved. Interesting when in Device Manager and clicking roll back on properties I was presented with a survey which I clicked "More reliable" then rolled back. Haven't seen this survey before.

banger, Jan 31, 2018
  12. banger Win User
    I know but I am pretty sure the Nvidia driver is at fault and I have rolled back to a working driver as far as I know.

So far so good with prim95 and furmark although had to stop furmark at 80 degrees as it only has a passive cooler.

banger, Apr 4, 2018
  13. banger Win User

This happening again so trying latest Nvidia drivers.

banger, Apr 27, 2018
  14. zbook New Member
    zbook, Apr 28, 2018
  15. banger Win User
    Log collector appeared to run ok. Here is the zip. Many thanks.

banger, Apr 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Unexplained reboot nothing in event log - Similar Threads - Unexplained reboot nothing

2. Unexplained reboots at seemingly random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexplained reboots at seemingly random times: Hello,I recently built my first PC and have been running into unexplained reboots on Windows 11. I don't get a blue screen or an error message at least that I can see, the monitor just cycles off and the computer reboots. It has been happening reliably while trying to...
  3. Unexplained reboots at seemingly random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexplained reboots at seemingly random times: Hello,I recently built my first PC and have been running into unexplained reboots on Windows 11. I don't get a blue screen or an error message at least that I can see, the monitor just cycles off and the computer reboots. It has been happening reliably while trying to...
  4. system keeps rebooting whit errors in event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system keeps rebooting whit errors in event log: my system keeps rebooting and get these errs.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.Session "OWEtKernelLogger" failed to start with the following error:...
  5. system keeps rebooting whit errors in event log

system keeps rebooting whit errors in event log: my system keeps rebooting and get these errs.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.Session "OWEtKernelLogger" failed to start with the following error:...
  6. PC rebooting on its own ! Erros in event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC rebooting on its own ! Erros in event log: Hi! My pc screen goes black all of a sudden then either I have to force restart by pressing power button or sometimes it restarts itself . There are bugcheck errors in eventlog. I can't figure out the issue. Can you help. I have given the link of MEMORY.DMP file...
  7. PC rebooting on its own ! Erros in event log

PC rebooting on its own ! Erros in event log: Hi! My pc screen goes black all of a sudden then either I have to force restart by pressing power button or sometimes it restarts itself . There are bugcheck errors in eventlog. I can't figure out the issue. Can you help. I have given the link of MEMORY.DMP file...
  8. PC rebooting on its own ! Erros in event log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. EVENT 41 , Kernel-Power Random Crash - nothing logged to hardware events

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EVENT 41 , Kernel-Power Random Crash - nothing logged to hardware events: hi , without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. File System Filter 'npsvctrig' 10.0, ‎2025‎-‎01‎-‎06T04:41:12.000000000Z has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager....
  10. failed to reboot "transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    failed to reboot "transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50": while working on my computer, was turn off by accident and it shut down, now I can seem to get my windows back. blank screen. I have dont chkdsk and shows this message " Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50" thank you for any info and help...