Windows 10: Unexplained sporadically blank icons

Discus and support Unexplained sporadically blank icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have this annoying problem with my start screen app icons. Frequently, yet sporadically, some icon facades like to go blank. It tells me what apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sparkerk62, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Unexplained sporadically blank icons

I have this annoying problem with my start screen app icons. Frequently, yet sporadically, some icon facades like to go blank. It tells me what apps they when I roll my mouse over them. Sometimes different apps go blank, and the next time they're fine. Sometimes its only 4 or 5, or more widespread. The apps themselves seem to operate fine, even if their icons happen to be blank at the time of launching them. Restarts don't always help when they decide they want to go blank (most of the time they stay blank after restarting), and then the next day on start up they'll all be back to normal again for no reason. Then the next day a new set will go blank for whatever reason. I've checked that my operating system is up to date, my virus protection is clear, and unwanted files are cleaned up, etc. Been a problem for a few months now. I'm operating windows 10 on a Surface Pro 4, which I purchased new in Dec. 2017. Anyone seen this before and have a fix? See the attached screenshot, which successfully captured this seemingly minor, yet terribly obnoxious problem.

Unexplained sporadically blank icons [​IMG]

:)

sparkerk62, Oct 10, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

It's not fixed, today my GPU-Z icon is a blank shortcut icon again..
    And it says GPU-Z.exe does not contain an icon

Unexplained sporadically blank icons gpu-z-blank-icon-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Flava0ne Win User

I created an icon a while back to suggest it for replacement with a black PCB.

Flava0ne, Oct 10, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Unexplained sporadically blank icons

Just installed the latest version of GPU-Z and I'm having that blank icon shortcut again...

P4-630, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Unexplained sporadically blank icons

1. Unexplained sporadically blank icons - Similar Threads - Unexplained sporadically blank

2. Desktop blank icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop blank icons: So suddenly my desktop icons went blank and I don’t know how to fix it, any help would be appreciated… https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-blank-icons/ad4378f9-61cf-40ac-898c-600196925ea8
  3. File explorer and One Drive - unexplained icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer and One Drive - unexplained icons: What do these icons, showing in file explorer - sometimes small, sometimes larger - mean? They not included in the 'What do One Drive icons mean' section, which is puzzling.Grateful for some explanation on this....
  4. File explorer and One Drive - unexplained icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer and One Drive - unexplained icons: What do these icons, showing in file explorer - sometimes small, sometimes larger - mean? They not included in the 'What do One Drive icons mean' section, which is puzzling.Grateful for some explanation on this....
  5. File explorer and One Drive - unexplained icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unexplained Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unexplained Display: Hello Folks, when I connect my Doro PhoneEasy 612 mobile phone to any USB port on my Win 10 or Win 7 PC I gat as in my image. My Win 10 pc is a laptop without a disc drive.-...
  7. Unexplained dowloads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unexplained dowloads: Today, Host Process for Windows Services has downloaded 1GB with no request, permission, or explanation.I have metered broadband during the day. I do not take kindly to 10% of the month's allowance being used in this way.The two main servers involved were:...
  8. blank icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blank icons: several icons turned white and wouldn't open their content. What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icons/8d8816a6-b821-4cba-97bb-b7559c225e3a
  9. Desktop Icons are blank.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons are blank.: So, i recently installed an M.2 NVMe and reinstalled windows etc.. it had some bumps but was fine, i deleted some stuff off of my SSD because i cloned my HDD and when i booted my PC up the next day.. *most* (not all) of my icons are just blank sheets of paper.. i have deleted...
  10. Icons blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons blank: Hello, This started happening after about 10 months of using Windows 10. When I click on the start menu, some icons populate and some are blank. If I hover over them, I get a dialog box of what each icon is for. Any suggestions on how to stop this? Thank you [img] 124259