Windows 10: Unfamiliar admin

Discus and support Unfamiliar admin in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There's a file under "This PC" labeled "Admin01 FaMdevice" that is inaccessible to me. The message reads: "Admin01 FaMdevice is denying access to your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MackSEM, Feb 24, 2021.

1. MackSEM Win User

Unfamiliar admin

There's a file under "This PC" labeled "Admin01 FaMdevice" that is inaccessible to me. The message reads: "Admin01 FaMdevice is denying access to your PC. Contact the owner of the media server to allow your PC to access it." my user name is not anything close to that

When I inspect properties it says that the manufacturer is "Microsoft Corporation" and the model is "Windows Media Player Sharing"

This could very well be normal, since it seems to be under Microsoft-- but I'm not sure if that's real or not. Especially considering I can't seem to find any information on what "FaMdevice" is whatsoever

Just wondering if anyone has this on their device and knows what it is.

:)

MackSEM, Feb 24, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

4. djmcnz Win User

Unfamiliar admin

running DOS as ADMIN

I assume you don't have 'exit' anywhere in your batch file?

Rather than playing with 'pause' - if you want to see the output...

1. Open a command window as admin
    2. Run the batch file manually
    3. Command window will not close unless the 'exit' command is issued
    4. Read output
    That's the first step I'd take to diagnose. Then run every line in your batch file manually, one-by-one, in your admin command window (copy and paste from the actual batch file, don't retype the commands).

You'll soon find your problem.

djmcnz, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Unfamiliar admin

1. Unfamiliar admin - Similar Threads - Unfamiliar admin

2. I can't access defender files because of admin issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access defender files because of admin issues: I accidentally accepted PUADlManager:Win32/Snackarcin on my device, and I want to purge it off of my device. I followed the steps a support staff at microsoft gave me. Then I hit a wall no matter what I try I can't get into the scans files because only admin can get into it,...
  3. I can't access defender files because of admin issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access defender files because of admin issues: I accidentally accepted PUADlManager:Win32/Snackarcin on my device, and I want to purge it off of my device. I followed the steps a support staff at microsoft gave me. Then I hit a wall no matter what I try I can't get into the scans files because only admin can get into it,...
  4. My surface came with Windows 10 installed, but I was unfamiliar and switched to 8.1. I was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My surface came with Windows 10 installed, but I was unfamiliar and switched to 8.1. I was...: I purchased my Surface in 2016 with Windows 10 installed. I was unfamiliar with it, so I was able to install 8.1. The MS tech on the phone said the 10 file would remain on the Surface should I want or need to go back to 10. Where do I find these files?...
  5. My surface came with Windows 10 installed, but I was unfamiliar and switched to 8.1. I was...

My surface came with Windows 10 installed, but I was unfamiliar and switched to 8.1. I was...: I purchased my Surface in 2016 with Windows 10 installed. I was unfamiliar with it, so I was able to install 8.1. The MS tech on the phone said the 10 file would remain on the Surface should I want or need to go back to 10. Where do I find these files?...
  6. Since installing chrome and windows update, I have some unfamiliar processes running, what...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Since installing chrome and windows update, I have some unfamiliar processes running, what...: Since installing chrome and windows update, I have some unfamiliar processes running, which all end '598de' which I didn't notice before my issues with the windows update yesterday. They all point to one of these:-C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k ClipboardSvcGroup...
  7. Unfamiliar icon on main drive (C)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unfamiliar icon on main drive (C): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zurn0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m1lycm/unfamiliar_icon_on_main_drive_c/
  8. Unfamiliar symbol showed up in my networking tray and not sure why...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unfamiliar symbol showed up in my networking tray and not sure why...: I turned my laptop to connect to Wi-Fi, and saw this weird symbol with the name "test". Not really a tech guy, and didn't do anything or download anything onto my laptop recently. I tried looking online to identify the icon, but had no luck. Is my laptop being hacked or...
  9. An unfamiliar desktop icon appearance ShellClassInfo

An unfamiliar desktop icon appearance ShellClassInfo: An icon has appeared on my desktop with the following: [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183. Can some explain why this has happened and how to safely removed the desktop icon....
  10. How do I remove an unfamiliar device from my Windows 10 account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I remove an unfamiliar device from my Windows 10 account?: I use a laptop computer only, but a Desktop computer is listed as one of my Windows 10 devices. How do I remove it? Microsoft alerted me that someone else may have been using my account and I had to change my password. So I want to make sure that only authorized devices/users...