Windows 10: Unfixable Disk operation slowdown after KB4471332 update - Hell Corner

Discus and support Unfixable Disk operation slowdown after KB4471332 update - Hell Corner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So basically despite I would have expected a lot of people to have reported this but apparently nobody kind of believe disk IO to be of a significant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Unfixable Disk operation slowdown after KB4471332 update - Hell Corner

So basically despite I would have expected a lot of people to have reported this but apparently nobody kind of believe disk IO to be of a significant importance despite we pay dearly just to get an SSD or an Optane drive just because they are faster *sarc

So before someone tend to believe this is a driver/hardware problem etc. so nope , apparently starting update KB4471332 Microsoft decided to hand in Write/Copy/Transfer disk activities to "System" process with "Normal Priority" and an 80% cap of disk speed , earlier to that update the process responsible of handling Write/Copy/Transfer was "Explorer" with no known Cap but transfer rates were known to be random then .

The "System" process handling Write/Copy/Transfer was always an MS Robocopy feature however it wasn't capped at 80% then . I believe the choice to make it Cap at 80% is to make the system more responsive (Use the 20% to handle other tasks , access system files faster) during Write/Copy/Transfer .

While this seem a more stable approach , do expect lowered HDD benchmarks / Disk operations as 20% aren't little when it comes to the most bottle necked system resource (Disk Drives) . Also on Copy/Transfer apparently the Cap is doubled as it is applied as 20% on Read and another 20% on Write so accumulative Cap can reach 40% of disk speed which sadly needs to be revised from Microsoft since this seems like an over-rated safety margin .

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Jan 2, 2019

2. frequent disk slowdown after anniv update

After the anniv update and fix updates which happened a day ago I have this EXACT problem:

Task Manager might show 100% disk utilization on Windows 10 devices

I did the registry fix it recommened but it didn't work - I still see “StorAHCI.sys” in driver details and I still have the disk slowdown problem

wayne999999, Jan 2, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 Automatic Driver Updates Hell Corner

Stop automatic driver updates on Windows 10 | Windows Server content from SuperSite for Windows
    How to disable automatic device driver updates in Windows 10 - TechRepublic
    Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

- you've probably seen and/or tried these.

I think you're saying the problem is with Nvidia.. suggest you look at the options for that:

Unfixable Disk operation slowdown after KB4471332 update - Hell Corner [​IMG]

I.e. the updates AREN'T being delivered by Windows update, so the above methods on drivers won't have any effect

dalchina, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Unfixable Disk operation slowdown after KB4471332 update - Hell Corner

kb4471332 update won't install

Hello,

Try installing 'KB4471332' manually using Update Catalog:

https://www.kapilarya.com/manually-download-and...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP, so it is safe.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Unfixable Disk operation slowdown after KB4471332 update - Hell Corner

1. Unfixable Disk operation slowdown after KB4471332 update - Hell Corner - Similar Threads - Unfixable Disk operation

2. Problems after Update (KB4471332) and (KB4470502)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after Update (KB4471332) and (KB4470502): I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on a Laptop from Dell (Dell Precision M4800). After installing the Updates (KB4471332) and (KB4470502) and restarting the computer and logging into my user account I get a dialog box with message: "Failed to load Apoint.DLL. Alps Pointing...
  3. Huge slow down in disk IO after Cumulative Update KB4471332 !

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Huge slow down in disk IO after Cumulative Update KB4471332 !: so I managed to install the December 2018 Cumulative Update KB4471332 over windows build 1809 , end result was that disk read/write slowed down significantly . now I can copy things back and forth across drives in 40 MB/s speed cap while earlier to installing the update I...
  4. kb4471332 update won't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    kb4471332 update won't install: Hi, kb4471332 update won't install. I have tried several times and every-time it reboots to finalise the install it gets to 94% complete and fails, then has to roll back the update and undoes all the changes. I have done a relatively new clean install of windows 10 as I...
  5. kb4471332 update won't install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    kb4471332 update won't install: Hi, kb4471332 update won't install. I have tried several times and every-time it reboots to finalise the install it gets to 94% complete and fails, then has to roll back the update. I have done a relatively new clean install of windows 10 as I replaced my HDD about 2 weeks...
  6. KB4471332

in Windows 10 Customization
    KB4471332: Bonjour, L'installation de KB4471332 KB4470502 ne se termine pas. Pour redémarrer le PC obligation de restaurer The installation of KB4471332 KB4470502 does not complete. To restart the PC obligation to restore Cordialement ivan Pontonnier...
  7. Laptop keyboards broken/double key after Windows updates - Hell Corner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboards broken/double key after Windows updates - Hell Corner: I have had a problem losing 2 laptop keyboards to 2 consecutive windows updates where I attempted to tackle the issue and here are my findings since I am starting to see this problem escalating to so many users of the forum and online : 1 - If you are like me with the habit...
  8. Gamepad / Joypad Hell Corner

Gamepad / Joypad Hell Corner: **This is an informative post , you can skip it if you are just here to help** I have been caught up with an issue with few gamepads i had that worked just fine in the past but been giving me hell lately one windows 10 , the issue lead me to realize few facts that i want to...
  9. Windows 10 Automatic Driver Updates Hell Corner

Windows 10 Automatic Driver Updates Hell Corner: So it's been a month that i have been having a glitching windows that i have been clueless at first of why it is doing that , been having "Stub" errors on running anything that requires administrative rights from first go then works from the second go , at first received...
  10. Microsoft Store Hell Corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Hell Corner: I have 2 laptops running windows 10 version 1709 that managed to develop issues almost the same time : Laptop 1 : Lately managed to hide a lot of store apps icons and tiles from start menu but I can still run them from store itself also leaving at the bottom of start...
Tags: