Windows 10: Unfixable DISM error on Windows 10 Client

Discus and support Unfixable DISM error on Windows 10 Client in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We got a company laptop, that ran into some strange issues with Outlook two days ago. Upon checking the history of system changes during that time, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SvenSH, Dec 8, 2023.

1. SvenSH Win User

Unfixable DISM error on Windows 10 Client

We got a company laptop, that ran into some strange issues with Outlook two days ago. Upon checking the history of system changes during that time, I found the failed Windows update KB5032339. When trying to re-trigger the update, or reverting back to system restore point that was seemingly set before the update attempt, I encountered more and more issues with the whole Windows Update serviceIn short: I always get back to Error 0x8007370a ERROR_SXS_INVALID_IDENTITY_ATTRIBUTE_VALUEThe problematic situation is, that the user is in another country. So I can't just quickly go over there and rein

:)

SvenSH, Dec 8, 2023

2. DISM Error 0x800f0906 - Windows 8.1

A lot of people say run DISM first; I don't hold with that.

If the error is fixed, I'd leave things.

You would have read at eightforums link where they suggest run SFC 3 times to fix unfixed errors.

Bill Smithers, Dec 8, 2023
  3. Sayjimwoo Win User
    Error DISM restorehealth

Having being frustrated with having the dism error (0x800f081f error) which was unfixable after a clean Windows 10 install time after time, it was great to find this fix which works a treat and and allows "sfc scannow" to complete error free as well as dism.

I do have a question though, what causes these errors in the first place? I have had the same thing happen twice in the space of 3 weeks and tonight also. Maybe it is something I am doing which I don't realise is causing it. My system is clean and the latest Windows 10 build and my system shows no symptoms of any kind.
    Again running the "Image health cmd" fixes it. Is it a case of don't worry about it and just carry on?

Thanks in advance.

Edit.... I updated my Nvidia drivers tonight. Maybe they are the culprit.

Sayjimwoo, Dec 8, 2023
  4. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 is excellent but it's easy to break.

If you want some good information, here's some good reading that will hopefully be more helpful than I have been:
    As I said with Windows 10, the Microsoft Download Tool that most download Windows 10 from, in the Sources folder has an Install.ESD instead of Install.WIM. Well unfortunately, for a successful DISM repair using Install.WIM as the check against which your OS will be repaired isn't possible with the ESD file. But you can convert the ESD to WIM using DISM as well! It takes a little bit of time but is worth it to have around when you need it!
    I have debated taking the links and instructions I've shared and add them to a dedicated thread...it is handy to be able to repair your OS instead of wiping and reinstalling as many folks had to do in previous times.

Kursah, Dec 8, 2023
Thema:

1. Unfixable DISM error on Windows 10 Client - Similar Threads - Unfixable DISM error

2. Unfixable DISM error on Windows 10 Client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unfixable DISM error on Windows 10 Client: We got a company laptop, that ran into some strange issues with Outlook two days ago. Upon checking the history of system changes during that time, I found the failed Windows update KB5032339. When trying to re-trigger the update, or reverting back to system restore point...
  3. Unfixable DISM error on Windows 10 Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unfixable DISM error on Windows 10 Client: We got a company laptop, that ran into some strange issues with Outlook two days ago. Upon checking the history of system changes during that time, I found the failed Windows update KB5032339. When trying to re-trigger the update, or reverting back to system restore point...
  4. Clock_Watchdog_Timeout unfixable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock_Watchdog_Timeout unfixable: Over the last two weeks my windows has constantly been crashing and giving the error code Clock_Watchdog_Timeout every time. This happens at random sometimes when I'm using the computer and sometimes when it's idle i've tried doing a bunch of things to fix it and I still have...
  5. Unfixable Error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unfixable Error.: Whenever I start up my pc, I keep on getting this error. I tried re-installing the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages x64 and x86.from this site https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170 .but it still does not...
  6. Unfixable Error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unfixable Error.: Whenever I start up my pc, I keep on getting this error. I tried re-installing the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages x64 and x86.from this site https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170 .but it still does not...
  7. Unfixable Error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Unfixable BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unfixable BSOD: Hello, I randomly get MEMORY_MANAGMENT BSOD's. Dmp file: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Au5_UiRSktsIj2VEn1UPwiotK6Dc Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unfixable-bsod/74b82e36-873d-4c0b-b10a-f40bef651876
  9. Blue Screen Error is unfixable?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Error is unfixable?: I recently factory reset my PC. Full reset, everything wiped, no files kept. After it was done, my laptop rebooted and showed me the HP logo its an HP model 17-bw0003ca then a blue screen error image below. Because of the whole "Weve run into an error and will restart...
  10. Start menu critical error - unfixable??...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu critical error - unfixable??...: My Start menu shows a critical error every time I attempt to open it. Also, I can't use bluetooth because the button to add a device never opens the window where it's searching etc. These issues are probably attached to each other in some way. They both just happened out of...