Windows 10: Unformatted disk-Partition recovery

Discus and support Unformatted disk-Partition recovery in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I screwed up. One of my drives that has all my music in it is showing as unformatted and I cannot access it now. There’s a lot of software out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flightmedic, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Unformatted disk-Partition recovery

So I screwed up. One of my drives that has all my music in it is showing as unformatted and I cannot access it now.

There’s a lot of software out there but does anyone know of a program that will recover the partition back to the way it was? I have 300 GB of music in individuals folders and they are individually titled and rebuilding it by hand would be impossible. I have no problem paying for a pro or tech version I just don’t Want to have to buy 5 or 6 software licenses to find the right one. So long as I can rebuild it or recover it I’ll pay the price tag.

I’ve been collecting this music collection for going on 20 years so there’s a bit of sentimental value with this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Jim.

:)

flightmedic, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jan 16, 2020
  3. trickson Win User
    Will deleting the factory partition render the recovery disk useless?

More than likely it is of no use NOW . The recovery disk is nothing more than drivers and some BS . You will not get the OS and recovering from a recovery disk only works if the drive partition is fine and has been untouched by any one .
    The best thing to do is delete all the partitions and just install windows on the HDD make your own recovery disk and your done not to mention you get all that drive space back .

trickson, Jan 16, 2020
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

Unformatted disk-Partition recovery

Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Unformatted disk-Partition recovery :)

RyoTakagi, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Unformatted disk-Partition recovery

1. Unformatted disk-Partition recovery - Similar Threads - Unformatted disk Partition

2. Recovery Disk partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Disk partitions: HiI have, in order, Partition 1 400 Mb - recovery partitionPartition 2 100 Mb - efi parttionWindows C: 182.35 Gb - Basic data partitionPartition 5 1.01 Gb - recovery partitionData D: 292.97 GbI have established that Partition 5 is the active recovery partition.Currently even...
  3. Recovery Disk partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery Disk partitions: HiI have, in order, Partition 1 400 Mb - recovery partitionPartition 2 100 Mb - efi parttionWindows C: 182.35 Gb - Basic data partitionPartition 5 1.01 Gb - recovery partitionData D: 292.97 GbI have established that Partition 5 is the active recovery partition.Currently even...
  4. Creating Recovery Disk on a HDD partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Recovery Disk on a HDD partition: Hello,If I have a HDD and I create a small partition on it like 10GB partition and create a recovery disk on this partition. Will it format my entire hard disk or just the 10GB partition?...
  5. Creating Recovery Disk on a HDD partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating Recovery Disk on a HDD partition: Hello,If I have a HDD and I create a small partition on it like 10GB partition and create a recovery disk on this partition. Will it format my entire hard disk or just the 10GB partition?...
  6. Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management: In the screenshot below, you can see the highlighted partition on Disk 0 is not showing as a healthy recovery partition and is not shown listed above. This is a cloned Windows 10 installation taken from Disk 1 now labeled storage.However, in diskpart, disk 0, partition 4 of...
  7. Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management: In the screenshot below, you can see the highlighted partition on Disk 0 is not showing as a healthy recovery partition and is not shown listed above. This is a cloned Windows 10 installation taken from Disk 1 now labeled storage.However, in diskpart, disk 0, partition 4 of...
  8. Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Recovery Partition in the same Disk with the Primary Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery Partition in the same Disk with the Primary Partition: Hi... I noticed that my Recovery Partition is in the same Disk with my Primary Partition. is it gonna cause me a problem if i try to reset my laptop? I think it was supposed to be in a different Disk Partition. . [ATTACH]...
  10. Bitlocker recovery of a partition broken disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker recovery of a partition broken disk: SO I Had a big 3 TB disk, I used one partition with bitlocker GPT, another that's 200 GB with Linux ubuntu on it and one with 9 GB for linux system required partition. I wanted to remove the linux. I used AOMEI assistant to delete linux partitions, but I did it without...