Windows 10: Ungroup Icons on Taskbar

Discus and support Ungroup Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot ungroup the icons on the taskbar. If I go to the taskbar options and change from "Always, hide labels" to "Never" and immediately go back in,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidO_99, Jan 6, 2020.

1. DavidO_99 Win User

Ungroup Icons on Taskbar

I cannot ungroup the icons on the taskbar. If I go to the taskbar options and change from "Always, hide labels" to "Never" and immediately go back in, it's back to "Always" like it didn't save the change. I have been chatting with MS help and they had me run a DISM scan and scannow, but there were no problems found and the issue is not fixed. If I have 2 Excel files open, I want to see them both on the taskbar, not grouped into one where I have to hover over and choose one. Thanks.

:)

DavidO_99, Jan 6, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Ungroup sessions in the Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to ungroup the sessions for Antares app in the Taskbar, and keep all other apps grouped.

There is a setting we can change to ungroup the applications in the Taskbar. However, this will ungroup all the other applications in the Taskbar as well. You may want to try it and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Personalization and select
      Taskbar from the left pane.
    3. Select Never from the drop down for
      Combine taskbar buttons.

However, we always appreciate our customer’s feedback, and your feedback and suggestions are very important to us. Hence, I suggest you to provide your valuable feedback and ideas in our
    Feedback Hub, where our developers can look
    into the requests and constantly improve the features of Windows.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Resizing ungrouped taskbar icons - Windows 10

I remember with windows 7/8 that you could ungroup and use a 3rd party app to resize the taskbar icons smaller in to squares ( like how they are when they are grouped).
    When you ungroup them, they become rectangular shape. Does anyone know how I can resize the rectangular taskbar icons ?

punkmonkey1984, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Ungroup Icons on Taskbar

Ungroup sessions in the Taskbar

I would like to ungroup my Antares Sessions on the taskbar. only this one because I have Sessions A, B, C and D. I don't want to ungroup the other apps. please there should be a way to just ungroup individually on windows ten. it was possible in windows
    7. this is taking to much time to click the app to find each session. these are the only ones that I want ungrouped.

***Modified title from: IBM Session ungroup ***

Angie Fernandez (Fernandez_Angie), Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Ungroup Icons on Taskbar

1. Ungroup Icons on Taskbar - Similar Threads - Ungroup Icons Taskbar

2. Ungroup Taskbar Windows 11 icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ungroup Taskbar Windows 11 icons: How do we ungroup the taskbar icons, please? They are all bundled together. ANNOYING! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ungroup-taskbar-windows-11-icons/54cf0ed2-1967-4a2c-a447-d08360a4221c
  3. Ungroup Taskbar Windows 11 icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ungroup Taskbar Windows 11 icons: How do we ungroup the taskbar icons, please? They are all bundled together. ANNOYING! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ungroup-taskbar-windows-11-icons/54cf0ed2-1967-4a2c-a447-d08360a4221c
  4. Taskbar ungrouping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar ungrouping: First of all, can Microsoft please explain me why tabs are being grouped on the Windows 11 taskbar, thus requiring extra mouseclicks to open the desired tab? A software company should know every useless click counts on a working day! Being forced to use Microsoft software for...
  5. Taskbar ungrouping

Taskbar ungrouping: First of all, can Microsoft please explain me why tabs are being grouped on the Windows 11 taskbar, thus requiring extra mouseclicks to open the desired tab? A software company should know every useless click counts on a working day! Being forced to use Microsoft software for...
  6. Ungroup Icons in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ungroup Icons in Taskbar: Windows 11 appears to have eliminated the ability to ungroup icons in the taskbar. After years of getting users used to having this ability, the fact that someone at Microsoft felt it wasn't needed is a clear miss for Windows 11. I've tried installing Open-Shell and...
  7. Ungroup Icons in Taskbar

Ungroup Icons in Taskbar: Windows 11 appears to have eliminated the ability to ungroup icons in the taskbar. After years of getting users used to having this ability, the fact that someone at Microsoft felt it wasn't needed is a clear miss for Windows 11. I've tried installing Open-Shell and...
  8. ungrouping in taskbar

ungrouping in taskbar: how can i ungroup in taskbar in window 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ungrouping-in-taskbar/e1246868-691c-4987-841d-1dceac265aaa
  9. ungrouping in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ungrouping in taskbar: how can i ungroup in taskbar in window 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ungrouping-in-taskbar/e1246868-691c-4987-841d-1dceac265aaa
  10. Resizing ungrouped taskbar icons - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resizing ungrouped taskbar icons - Windows 10: I remember with windows 7/8 that you could ungroup and use a 3rd party app to resize the taskbar icons smaller in to squares ( like how they are when they are grouped). When you ungroup them, they become rectangular shape. Does anyone know how I can resize the rectangular...