Windows 10: Unhandled Extension Handler Finder?

Discus and support Unhandled Extension Handler Finder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I noticed an oddity in File Explorer in that all my image files (JPG, TIF) are labelled under Type as 'Unhandled Extension Handler Finder'. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FrankS, Sep 26, 2018.

1. FrankS Win User

Unhandled Extension Handler Finder?

Hi
    I noticed an oddity in File Explorer in that all my image files (JPG, TIF) are labelled under Type as 'Unhandled Extension Handler Finder'.
    Now first off it doesn't appear to be causing a problem - I can 'Open with' various image viewers & graphics software perfectly fine as well as 'Save as' to a variety of types.
    I've done full scans for viruses & malware with no result. I've been to Settings/Default apps/Choose default applications by file type & changed things around with no problem but none of the above resolves the oddity.
    Should I be concerned?

:)

FrankS, Sep 26, 2018
  2. Lethal42 Win User

jpg listed as unhandled extension handler finder

Hi

Recently I have seen .jpg, and probably other file types being labelled as 'unhandled extension handler finder' in explorer.

Windows photo viewer sometime cannot read these files, sometimes it can (??)

Picasa or Paint have no such problem.

Anyway, does anyone know why are jpg's at least being labelled as such in file explorer?

Looking forward to what maybe a simple rationale and fix.

cheers

Lethal42, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Lethal42 Win User

Hi Kim

There appears something strange going on...when saving .jpg or .jpeg files the unhandled extension handler (file) is the only option, then I need to go thru the above process again and again....any clues would be welcome as to how to stop this.

I havent yet done the clean boot state however.....

regards

Lethal42, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Lethal42 Win User

Hi Kim,

It would appear as this is not long 'an issue', however still current.

Despite the profile (setting as shown) being correct, many time I save a jpg, the only file type available is unhandled file extension handler (this can be amended in file explorer....so really curious as to WIGO.

I have review and found similar in the guest or test profile.

BTW, aplogies if you found my last response...a little to 'direct', I now do!

Looking forward to your clarification.

regards

Lethal42, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Unhandled Extension Handler Finder? - Similar Threads - Unhandled Extension Handler

2. Error Handler Extension of WIA driver not called for Windows Scan App

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error Handler Extension of WIA driver not called for Windows Scan App: I have a WIA2 driver with Error Handler Extension. Error handler Extension dll displays error pop up on some condition during WIA scan. Error pop up displays properly when scanned from Windows Fax and Scan Application, but from Windows 10 Scan App pop up from WIA Error...
  3. duplicate file finder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    duplicate file finder: is there any duplicate file finder app launched by microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-file-finder/cdaef771-df42-4bf9-b75a-3da9b81b86b6
  4. Duplicate file finder

Duplicate file finder: Does anybody have any recommendations? I would like to clean up my PC; it has many duplicates as a result of crashes and restores. Thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-file-finder/6bc56620-8dd7-4854-8786-58d4acde6cf9
  5. Unhandled exception

Unhandled exception: Can anyone explain me how to resolve the unhandled exception problem while opening gta vice city .This unhandled exception error occurs only when i try to open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unhandled-exception/8c2e5ea7-386c-4b2d-b9ff-081a331800ba
  6. how to change extension-specific handlers for Explorer's Preview Pane?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to change extension-specific handlers for Explorer's Preview Pane?: In the Explorer view, I normally have the file list in Details format and the Preview Pane turned on. A few associations have recently become broken, in that the preview pane shows nothing, but file with other extensions show their normal previews. All other Explorer...
  7. All image files are of type "unhandled extension handler finder"

in Windows 10 Support
    All image files are of type "unhandled extension handler finder": Help! All of my image files are listed as File Type "Unhandled Extension Handler Finder!" They are all doing this, but let's use the most important file type for me, JPG, as an example. The default program is set to "Photos," and, when I double click on a JPG file, it opens...
  8. All JPG files are marked "Unhandled Extension Handler Finder"

All JPG files are marked "Unhandled Extension Handler Finder": Help! All of my .JPG files are classified as file type "Unhandled Extension Handler Finder" and I can't figure out how to fix it! Previews work, and the files open with Photos as they should, so setting the default program is not an issue. However, because the file...
  9. device finder:

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    device finder:: I cannot find my iphone7 icon on my windows computer under Device Finder; Windows is asking me to go to my Windows Phone and open an another email account in order to fine the phone. I dont know what they mean by Windows Phone.I want to be able to locate my phone in case I...
  10. Email Handler

in Browsers and Email
    Email Handler: When I click on a mailto link in a website, a screen appears asking me to choose which account to send an email from - Gmail or Outlook. How do I make it so that only Gmail is used by default, without the need to choose it every time 20587

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unhandled extension handler finder

2. unhandled extension handler finder how to open

3. what is unhandled extension unhandler

4. fix unhandled extension handler finder,
  5. what is unhandled extension handler finder?,
  6. Extension Handler Finder,
  7. unhandled exception handler finder