Windows 10: Unhide a hidden file/folder without access to control panel on a LAN

Discus and support Unhide a hidden file/folder without access to control panel on a LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am looking for some help please. I am trying to unhide a file, which was previously hidden using properties, on a LAN but I am unable to do so with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Teuchter029, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Unhide a hidden file/folder without access to control panel on a LAN

I am looking for some help please.

I am trying to unhide a file, which was previously hidden using properties, on a LAN but I am unable to do so with access to Control Panel. Unfortunately, I don't have the option of adding any additional programmes/software onto the system to help me do this. I am able to hide the file using properties but how do I unhide it without access to control panel?

Any help would be appreciated

Gordon

:)

Teuchter029, Jun 6, 2019
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Unable To Unhide Hidden Folders

Folder is hidden & hidden check mark is disabled in my USB pendrive.

I scanned with antivirus and now no virus in pendrive though all my files are hidden and they have shortcuts of folder visible, if i nned to enter in folder, i need to enter fila path manually.

any solution?

freebird_9924, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Unhide a hidden file/folder without access to control panel on a LAN

Unable To Unhide Hidden Folders

solved

They were marked as system files by virus so i wasnt able to see.. i enabled to view system files in options then i can see folder but yet cant unhide.

i googled and found solution.

I tried attrib -s -h folder name & it worked for that folder. Then I tried attrib -s -h /s /d which did all the folders, sub-folders in a single go.

freebird_9924, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Unhide a hidden file/folder without access to control panel on a LAN

1. Unhide a hidden file/folder without access to control panel on a LAN - Similar Threads - Unhide hidden file

2. Remove Archive attribute from hidden files without unhiding them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Archive attribute from hidden files without unhiding them: I found out that about 99.9% of the files on our company shared drive have the Archive attribute set. I need to remove that attribute from all files on that drive, so that they aren't included as 'modified' files when I try to run Robocopy. I'm using the following command...
  3. Remove Archive attribute from hidden files without unhiding them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Archive attribute from hidden files without unhiding them: I found out that about 99.9% of the files on our company shared drive have the Archive attribute set. I need to remove that attribute from all files on that drive, so that they aren't included as 'modified' files when I try to run Robocopy. I'm using the following command...
  4. Remove Archive attribute from hidden files without unhiding them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Protected folder access events are not appearing in the windows control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protected folder access events are not appearing in the windows control panel: I'm running Windows 10 Pro with Controlled Folder Access enabled. I have an administrator account, but I do not want to disable CFA. The problem is, up until recently, I could easily make an exception by clicking on the windows notification popup when a protected folder event...
  6. Protected folder access events are not appearing in the windows control panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Protected folder access events are not appearing in the windows control panel: I'm running Windows 10 Pro with Controlled Folder Access enabled. I have an administrator account, but I do not want to disable CFA. The problem is, up until recently, I could easily make an exception by clicking on the windows notification popup when a protected folder event...
  7. application to hide and unhide files in folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    application to hide and unhide files in folders: Hi. Our genealogy society has hundreds of folders with jpeg images of sacramental records like baptisms. To the public, we are only allowed to show records that are 70 years old or older. That means we have to copy over a new year's worth of records for all the books every...
  8. Create Restore Point without Accessing Control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create Restore Point without Accessing Control Panel: Hi all, Wanna ask for Windows 10, is it possible to create Restore Point without accessing control panel, i.e, power shell, cmd..... Thanks....
  9. Notifications Panel & controlled folder access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notifications Panel & controlled folder access: I understand the value in getting NOTIFICATIONS in Windows 10 on the right side panel, including the Controlled Folder Access notifications from Windows Defender. However, there seems to be quite a number of CFA notifications (a good thing) but I wish that there was a way to...
  10. Unwanted folders in control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted folders in control panel: Hello, After upgrading to Win 10 I noticed three old folders that are unusable, which are circled in the below picture how can I get ride of them? [img] 21711