Windows 10: Unhide hidden taskbar when mouse is in corner instead of at edge of screen

Discus and support Unhide hidden taskbar when mouse is in corner instead of at edge of screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Everyone knows that if you enable the setting "automatically hide taskbar in desktop mode" and you put your mouse on the edge of the screen where the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DatoCH, Oct 25, 2020.

1. /u/DatoCH Win User

Unhide hidden taskbar when mouse is in corner instead of at edge of screen

Everyone knows that if you enable the setting "automatically hide taskbar in desktop mode" and you put your mouse on the edge of the screen where the taskbar was, the hidden taskbar pops up again.

But is there any way to just let it pop up when you put your mouse in the corner of the screen instead of the whole edge (similar to the windows 8 charms bar behaviour)?

help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/DatoCH
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DatoCH, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Jaclyn Win User

Windows 10 unhide taskbar with hotkey instead of cursor position

As the title suggests, I would like to know what registry entries and files I would have to edit to do this. The problem is, I like my taskbar on the left, and hidden to maximize the space used by a window. This is an issue, however, because with how windows 10 captures the mouse within windows, my cursor will still unhide the taskbar, and then my mouse escapes the window that is attempting to capture it. The only solution to this that I can see would be to edit the hitbox for the taskbar to unhide to zero pixels, so that there is no way to open it with the mouse. Then the issue would be how to unhide the taskbar at all, the solution then would be to set a global hotkey to unhide it, so what would I have to edit to do this?

Jaclyn, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Tazmiria Win User
    Auto hide taskbar not unhiding

This was working fine and for some unknown reason it stopped. I have the taskbar on auto hide and when I move my mouse to unhide, it will not show the taskbar. I did not change any settings or download anything new so do not know what happened. I tried taking
    auto hide off and it appears fine, then turned auto hide back on and still the taskbar will not unhide. Any suggestions how to get my taskbar to unhide without having to turn it on/off?

I also can not close one window, it makes me close all windows. The little + sign is gone to open a new window I have to go to the right side, open the drop down menu and click New Window. None of this was like this yesterday, the taskbar worked perfectly
    so I am very confused. Please help me get my taskbar back to working normal again.

Tazmiria, Oct 25, 2020
  4. ThinkerX Win User

Taskbar Reveal Delay Setting

I put my taskbar is on the left side of the screen for various reasons that I won't go into. I autohide it. My problem is when I accidently mouse over to click something on the very left of a screen, I accidentally trigger the unhide and the taskbar then
    covers whatever I was trying to click.

Is there a registry setting that would delay the hidden taskbar reveal? So, for example, the taskbar would only unhide if I mouse to the left for at least 500ms (which would clearly be an intentional act by me instead of accidentally mousing too far when
    I am trying to click something on the extreme left of the screen).

ThinkerX, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Unhide hidden taskbar when mouse is in corner instead of at edge of screen - Similar Threads - Unhide hidden taskbar

2. Taskbar not properly unhiding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not properly unhiding: Hello,The auto - hide functionality of the taskbar used to work fine until recently, out of the blue taskbar won't unhide when the mouse pointer is at the bottom of the screen. It appears as if the taskbar pops up behind the current window. Done all the solutions that have...
  3. Taskbar not properly unhiding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not properly unhiding: Hello,The auto - hide functionality of the taskbar used to work fine until recently, out of the blue taskbar won't unhide when the mouse pointer is at the bottom of the screen. It appears as if the taskbar pops up behind the current window. Done all the solutions that have...
  4. Taskbar not properly unhiding

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar will not unhide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar will not unhide: I like to keep my taskbar in the auto-hide mode but in the past few months, I have been facing an issue where the taskbar will not unhide when any application is open. When I am on my desktop and I drag my mouse to the bottom, the taskbar pops up as normal but if I do the...
  6. Taskbar will not unhide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar will not unhide: I like to keep my taskbar in the auto-hide mode but in the past few months, I have been facing an issue where the taskbar will not unhide when any application is open. When I am on my desktop and I drag my mouse to the bottom, the taskbar pops up as normal but if I do the...
  7. Taskbar will not unhide

8. The edge of my taskbar is visible even when hidden?

in Windows 10 Support
    The edge of my taskbar is visible even when hidden?: If you look at the image below you will see that the very edge of my taskbar is showing at the bottom of the screen. This also sometimes appears in full screen mode when watching videos. I tried resetting windows explorer and resetting my taskbar settings but that didn't seem...
  9. Cannot unhide hidden user account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot unhide hidden user account.: I recently lent my gaming pc to my friend who was notorious for messing around with other people and their things. In preparation for this, i created a new profile for them to use and then i hid my user account using the registry. Now that i have my machine back, i cannot...
  10. ouse hidden in corner

ouse hidden in corner: Mouse hidden in corner of second computer but not in main computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ouse-hidden-in-corner/ab1dc072-0fd4-473a-96aa-da355b47eb84