Windows 10: Unicode commands to cmd.exe through pipes-PSEXEC

Discus and support Unicode commands to cmd.exe through pipes-PSEXEC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi , I am trying to execute command prompt by pipe I/O,but i can't give non -ANSI commands .I know that psexec is also using same technique. Psexec... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jaga_2221, Sep 9, 2019.

1. jaga_2221 Win User

Unicode commands to cmd.exe through pipes-PSEXEC

Hi ,

I am trying to execute command prompt by pipe I/O,but i can't give non -ANSI commands .I know that psexec is also using same technique.

Psexec remote command prompt doesn't work , if commands given is non ANSI , I get scrambled gibberish characters

:)

jaga_2221, Sep 9, 2019
  2. lx07 Win User

Psexec

It works for me - you don't install it - just put the .exe somewhere and then specify where when you call it.

This works for me on local machine (I saved it to my OneDrive): Code:
    Code:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.248]  (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.    C:\WINDOWS\system32>%userprofile%\OneDrive\Programs\SysinternalsSuite\PsExec64.exe -a 1 -abovenormal "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\WINWORD.EXE"    PsExec v2.2 - Execute processes remotely  Copyright (C) 2001-2016 Mark Russinovich  Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\WINWORD.EXE exited with error code 0.    C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    What error are you getting?

Are you wanting to use it without specifying where it is? In that case you would have to add the location you saved the .exe to your path environment variable.

Are you trying to run remotely or locally? This thread suggests for remote commands you need it in your path (on remote box) and to specify user/password.

Psexec- file not on the path - Stack Overflow

lx07, Sep 9, 2019
  3. HawkinsT Win User
    CMD Stuck in Unicode

I'm editing this as I 'solved' the first issue I had and found the underlying issue (which I'm not sure how to solve):

Some instances of cmd (if I run a batch script or right click > Open command window here) are set to unicode (Active code page: 65001), which causes problems for some programs I use. I can change it back to default with chcp 850, which works, but whenever I close the cmd window, it resets to unicode again. If I open cmd through run > cmd however, it is defaulting to 850 as it should however.

Through google I checked [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\Autorun], and [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage\OEMCP] to see if the chcp setting is being overridden in either of those locations, but it's not.

Solved
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console\%SystemRoot%_system32_cmd.exe]
    "CodePage"=dword:0000fde9

was the offending entry Unicode commands to cmd.exe through pipes-PSEXEC :).

HawkinsT, Sep 9, 2019
  4. user11099 Win User

PSEXEC remote to Win 10 - No process is on the other end of the pipe

I tried to use PSEXEC from a Windows 7 to Windows 10 PRO (not the preview).

Output

I have only one admin user (myuser) on the remote machine.

I can see the service PSEXESVC.exe being created and running. I stopped it, tried again, same result.

*I am using same command and same config (firewall disabled, LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy to 1) on Xp,Win7,Win8,Win10Preview without issue.

user11099, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Unicode commands to cmd.exe through pipes-PSEXEC - Similar Threads - Unicode commands cmd

2. we want to execute cmd command through ssh in c#

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we want to execute cmd command through ssh in c#: We are trying to execute some cmd command through ssh in c#.How can we proceed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-want-to-execute-cmd-command-through-ssh-in-c/e9e1d788-c7e0-43ef-b44d-6a4422b2a570
  3. we want to execute cmd command through ssh in c#

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    we want to execute cmd command through ssh in c#: We are trying to execute some cmd command through ssh in c#.How can we proceed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-want-to-execute-cmd-command-through-ssh-in-c/e9e1d788-c7e0-43ef-b44d-6a4422b2a570
  4. Psexec with cmd parameters?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Psexec with cmd parameters?: Hi All, I am trying to run a command on a remote computer using psexec, and I can get it to run fine by just calling the .exe, but I also need to have 2 parameters included in the command, but I can't get it to work. Here is my example: I can run this fine: psexec.exe -i...
  5. running .exe command

in Windows 10 Customization
    running .exe command: I am using mingw compiler. while i am running a CC++ program works fine program it compiles successfully but when i ran it i am facing a problem.I am getting that access is denied.I tried reinstalling but nothing has changed.I am facing this problem when i am connected to...
  6. PSexec

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PSexec: I know you can use PSExec to say for instance shutdown or delete a file on a remote computer's desktop of a user on the domain. psexec64 \\<Computer-Name> cmd /c del c:\Users\user\Desktop\testtext.txt psexec64 \\<Computer-Name> cmd /c shutdown /h /r 0 Is there a way...
  7. Unicode like Bangla in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unicode like Bangla in Command Prompt: I want to print Unicode in Command prompt by Java. But I found no option to select Unicode in setting or anywhere. Is there a way to print Unicode in Command Prompt like Bangla language? N.B: Definitely by Command Prompt not other console application......
  8. Psexec

Psexec: Anyone had luck installing psexec on Win10? Having trouble. Not sure if they environmental variables are correct. 105767
  9. How to pipe the output of a command to the printer in Windows 10

How to pipe the output of a command to the printer in Windows 10: I'm at the command line. I want the output of the "set" command to go directly to my printer. I tried the following: set | notepad.exe I expected the output of the set command to become input to the notepad.exe command which then would print it out. Instead I get a...
  10. CMD Stuck in Unicode

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD Stuck in Unicode: I'm editing this as I 'solved' the first issue I had and found the underlying issue (which I'm not sure how to solve): Some instances of cmd (if I run a batch script or right click > Open command window here) are set to unicode (Active code page: 65001), which causes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. psexec codepage

2. cmd.exe pipe commands

3. pstools cmd unicode

4. psexec.exe i s cmd