Windows 10: Unicode in Notepad

Discus and support Unicode in Notepad in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I copy a bunch of .txt files saved with UTF-8 type from my old computer (Win7) to a new one (Win10). When I open these .txt files, they all become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PPTL, Apr 30, 2019.

1. PPTL Win User

Unicode in Notepad

I copy a bunch of .txt files saved with UTF-8 type from my old computer (Win7) to a new one (Win10). When I open these .txt files, they all become garbage. Even after I SAVE AS with UTF-8, they still show garbage. How do I recover them?

:)

2. remove unicode element from notepad text

Hello Doron1983,

I will need more information about your concern about saving your document. Please verify the following:

• Can you tell me the error message you're getting when saving the document?
    • Is the issue isolated to a single document?
    • Are you signed in as the administrator when you encountered the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, I suggest launching Notepad with administrative privileges.

1. Click the Start button and type Notepad.
    2. Right-click Notepad and select Run as administrator.
    3. If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.
    4. Open the document and save it by clicking File > Save with administrator access.

We also need to make sure that the file is saved in Unicode format, not the default one,
    ANSI.

Unicode in Notepad b9023823-aa15-41e8-a832-dd46b2e70700?upload=true.png

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Devlin Sco, Apr 30, 2019
  3. G.Hurt Win User
    notepad how to display unicode

In notepad how to display unicode.?

G.Hurt, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Doron1983 Win User

Unicode in Notepad

remove unicode element from notepad text

I'm trying to remove a Unicode element from a notepad document.

Win10 notepad tells me of the issue as I attempt to save. I don't need the Unicode in my text. How can I identify it for deletion?

Doron1983, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Unicode in Notepad

1. Unicode in Notepad - Similar Threads - Unicode Notepad

2. Are Alt Codes and Unicode universal or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Alt Codes and Unicode universal or not?: I have been finding really inconsistent information most of which is a decade old.I am having a really difficult time trying to type "special" characters. The obvious solution to me is to use Alt Codes or Unicode. However from application to application I get inconstant...
  3. Are Alt Codes and Unicode universal or not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Alt Codes and Unicode universal or not?: I have been finding really inconsistent information most of which is a decade old.I am having a really difficult time trying to type "special" characters. The obvious solution to me is to use Alt Codes or Unicode. However from application to application I get inconstant...
  4. problem with non-unicode telugu fonts after latest microsoft windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with non-unicode telugu fonts after latest microsoft windows 11 update: In the recent update to Windows 11, non-unicode fonts are not working. Not only telugu fonts, but even non-unicode English fonts are completely not working at all in my Windows 11, and I tried some software, like Photoshop, to use unicode fonts at this time, but it also did...
  5. problem with non-unicode telugu fonts after latest microsoft windows 11 update

problem with non-unicode telugu fonts after latest microsoft windows 11 update: In the recent update to Windows 11, non-unicode fonts are not working. Not only telugu fonts, but even non-unicode English fonts are completely not working at all in my Windows 11, and I tried some software, like Photoshop, to use unicode fonts at this time, but it also did...
  6. problem with non-unicode telugu fonts after latest microsoft windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. notepad unicode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    notepad unicode: When I click on encoding when I save as a thing in notepad unicode does not show up and im very confused https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-unicode/53c9cd4a-539a-4c87-abdb-7e0601c95e5f
  8. notepad option save as encoding - unicode - does not exist anymore

notepad option save as encoding - unicode - does not exist anymore: I used to have the option to save files in notepad as unicode. I upgraded to Windows 10, Microsoft365 and the option is completely gone. All I have is ANSI, and a few UTF options. Any suggestions? Moved from: Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family...
  9. Microsoft Rebrand Unicode to UTF-16 LE in NotePad Windows 10 2004

Microsoft Rebrand Unicode to UTF-16 LE in NotePad Windows 10 2004: So basically like the title says Microsoft managed to remove the Unicode (Sometimes Unicode 1200) encoding format found in the Save As dialog of it's NotePad and introduced several other encoding formats which weren't present before . So if you ever wonder what happened to...
  10. remove unicode element from notepad text

remove unicode element from notepad text: I'm trying to remove a Unicode element from a notepad document. Win10 notepad tells me of the issue as I attempt to save. I don't need the Unicode in my text. How can I identify it for deletion?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get help with notepad in windows 10 special characters

2. get help with notepad in windows 10 symbols