Windows 10: Unidentified network broken since last update

Discus and support Unidentified network broken since last update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Windows 10 PC was happily talking on a private network to an Ethernet equiped piece of industrial kit until the most recent late Nov 2010 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Oliver Sedlacek, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Unidentified network broken since last update

My Windows 10 PC was happily talking on a private network to an Ethernet equiped piece of industrial kit until the most recent late Nov 2010 update changed everything. The Ethernet interface is an ASIX AX88178A USB to Ethernet adapter configured with all static IPV4 addresses. I suspect the problem is that the network is 'public' so the security policy is blocking traffic, as even a ping out doesn't appear on the network according to Wireshark. None of the cribs for making the network private that I've found work, and that includes registry hacks.

This problem is a complete show stopper.

What can I do to regain access to my network?

:)

Oliver Sedlacek, Nov 30, 2020

2. Ethernet connection suddenly not working, showing as 'Unidentified Network'

try This

To fix the issue of Unidentified Network in Windows 10/8/7, the following steps could be following in sequence:

1. Turn off the Airplane mode.
    2. Update the Network Card drivers.
    3. Disable the security software temporarily.
    4. Switch off the Fast Startup feature.
    5. Change your DNS servers.
    6. Run these commands.
    7. Diagnose the network.

Anthony'sHelping Hands, Nov 30, 2020
  3. werty Win User
    Unidentified network

Hi, Badrobot and thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately the issue is still not resolved. The connection still shows as Unidentified and it disconnects frequently.

werty, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Unidentified network broken since last update

Unidentified network no internet access

Followed all the steps still isn't working. The only difference in network is that before it use to show "Unidentified network" and after giving the IP's its showing my routers name then "No internet"
    When I use this cable and port on my other Toshiba laptop it works fine.

lostpotato, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Unidentified network broken since last update

1. Unidentified network broken since last update - Similar Threads - Unidentified network broken

2. Network unidentified network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network unidentified network: I have my router connected to my modem and my windows 10 computer connected to my router to use internet. Everything works fine. Now, why is it when i connect my computer directly to the modem I get “unidentified network, no internet”. shouldn’t I be able to get internet...
  3. Display of FolderSize broken since last update of yesterday

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display of FolderSize broken since last update of yesterday: Yesterday Microsoft installed an update for Windows 11 that makes FolderSize see: https://foldersize.sourceforge.net useless as it only shows the size of +0 for each folder. This is usually shown when FolderSize does not have the right to look into the folder.Since Windows...
  4. Display of FolderSize broken since last update of yesterday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display of FolderSize broken since last update of yesterday: Yesterday Microsoft installed an update for Windows 11 that makes FolderSize see: https://foldersize.sourceforge.net useless as it only shows the size of +0 for each folder. This is usually shown when FolderSize does not have the right to look into the folder.Since Windows...
  5. Unidentified network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unidentified network: Hi Team,We have done Clean boot OS installation from windows 7 to windows 10. After OS upgrade the ethernet connection shows "Unidentified network". I have tried below steps,1. Network reset2. Device driver remove and re-install3. Executed below commands in command prompt and...
  6. Unidentified network

Unidentified network: My Windows 10 computer keeps connecting to an unidentified network. How can I stop and prevent this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unidentified-network/7e04abcb-a803-429b-9103-e1168dc84db9
  7. All Bluetooth devices are broken since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Bluetooth devices are broken since last update: Since the last update around a week ago, none of my bluetooth devices are working, I can connect them to the PC, but whilst they are playing audio, the audio is skipping, so its sound for 1 second, silence for 0.5 secs, sound for 1 second, silence for 0.5 secs, and so on, it...
  8. Unidentified network

Unidentified network: If anyone could help me solve this problem it would be terrific! I've had this problem for the last 1 and a half weeks, I need an Ethernet connection to play video games, and when it doesn't work it can be quite frustrating. I've have tried all of the so called solutions on...
  9. Unidentified network after update

Unidentified network after update: My computer is connected with a mac(with windows ) via ethernet share. And it has been working for over a month. Recently i updated my computer since i was forced to. After the update my ethernet stopped working. I've tried trouble shooting. Reseting pc. Reseting network...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538