Windows 10: Unidentified Network, No Internet Access, Windows 10

Discus and support Unidentified Network, No Internet Access, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I tried to set up a wired network at home between my routeur and my 2 desktop PCs by connecting a switch between them. That switch is a Netgear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nuru0190, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Nuru0190 Win User

Unidentified Network, No Internet Access, Windows 10

Hi,
    I tried to set up a wired network at home between my routeur and my 2 desktop PCs by connecting a switch between them. That switch is a Netgear FS205.
    One of the PCs (i9 9900k, rtx2080ti, 16go ram, Windows 10) gets internet perfectly through wired connection. No problem at all.
    The other one (i7 4790k, gtx1070, 32go ram, Windows 10) gets an "unidentified network, no internet access" error message. A direct ethernet connection between that PC and the routeur works perfectly though.
    Also, for both PCs, the Wi-Fi works fine.

For the past day, i tried the following:
    - Unplugging the routeur's AC cord and wait for 1 min or so, then plugging it back in.
    - Using a newly bought ethernet cable between the switch in my PC.
    - Updating the drivers for my network adapters : "Intel Ethernet Connection (2) l218-V" and "Qualcomm Athereos AR938x Wireles Network Adapter #2"
    - Doing a network reset (in Settings, Status). That one completely messed my computer and i had to use a restore point to get it back to work.
    - Running the following commands :
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew

- Assigning a static IP address to my Ethernet connection
    - Checking my ISP's routeur switch config page (192.168.1.254) : the connection to my routeur as well as the connection to my PC with the working ethernet connection were displayed just fine, but there was nothing displayed for my PC with the "no internet access" error (unsurprisingly).
    - Downloading and Installing Netgear Prosafe Plus Utility, but that one doesn't find a switch in my local area network on neither of my 2 PCs, so i guess it doesn't mean anything.

Nothing of the above worked for me. I spent an entire day and a half browsing the net and trying to find a solution on a plethora of forums and articles, to no avail.
    The Netgear support center is utterly useless as all they have is an "ask the community" forum. Like non employees have to do their work, basically... and my post asking for help recieved no answer so far in 2 days.

There's one thing that i thought about doing: reinstalling windows 10 with the option to keep all my installed programs, but i would like to try everything before having to resort to doing that as i'm not even sure it's gonna solve anything.

Franckly, some help would be greatly appreciated, please.

Thanks.

:)

Nuru0190, Feb 2, 2019

2. Internet connection works but still "Unidentified Network"

My wireless internet works but just saw when checking control panel/network connections  it says — unidentified network. There are lots of discussions about "Unidentified Network" but it is always about that there is no internet access whatsoever. My
    tech hotline just said that this is a Microsoft issue. Network driver is Realtek (10.8.311.2016). Windows 10, Version 1607, Build 14393.0. Thanks for any suggestion!

GopalMohan_das, Feb 2, 2019
  3. acbbs57 Win User
    Unidentified network - No Internet access

I have two computers running Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 9926. One computer is a desktop and it is working perfectly. The other is a new HP 15-F039WM laptop and it came with Windows 8.1 With Bing installed and it also works perfectly in Windows 8.1 mode. I resized the hard drive on the HP laptop to free up 150Gb of space and then installed Windows 10 TP Build 9926 from DVD. It still works perfectly when I use dual boot to go into Windows 8.1. When I use dual boot to go into Windows 10, the network icon in the system tray says "Unidentified network - No Internet access". I did swap cables, etc, but I knew that wouldn't work because the laptop does have Internet access when booting to Windows 8.1.

I read through some threads here after searching for DHCP and connectivity issues and even tried some of the suggestions such as using regedit to look at the network profile. There isn't a network profile. It is displaying a 169... IP Address, so I know that it isn't getting an IP. I tried to manually add the correct settings that work for Windows 8.1 (192.168.0.15 with 192.168.0.1 as the Gateway), but that fails.

Any ideas?

acbbs57, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Unidentified Network, No Internet Access, Windows 10

Unidentified network no Internet access

I have tried restarting my computer and router and have taken my ethernet out of my computer and put it back in and it didn't solve anything. It just says unidentified network no Internet access

Ben (darkfalcon7711), Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Unidentified Network, No Internet Access, Windows 10

1. Unidentified Network, No Internet Access, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unidentified Network Internet

2. Unidentified network - No internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unidentified network - No internet: Ok so i bought a new PC, installed windows and when i entered my dekstop i couldn't connect to the internet. My ethernet cable worked perfectly before and after trying to reinstall the drivers many times i still can't figure it out. I bought a new cable and it still isn't...
  3. Unidentified network - No internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unidentified network - No internet: Ok so i bought a new PC, installed windows and when i entered my dekstop i couldn't connect to the internet. My ethernet cable worked perfectly before and after trying to reinstall the drivers many times i still can't figure it out. I bought a new cable and it still isn't...
  4. Unidentified network, No internet access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unidentified network, No internet access: hello, does anyone know a solution to this problem? ive tried restarting the pc, restarting the router, network reset and network troubleshoot. none of these worked. (excuse the crappiness of this post, im bad at writing stuff like this) submitted by /u/officer_tem [link]...
  5. Unidentified network no internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unidentified network no internet access: I can't seem to fix this error. I have tried every possible solution. Such as: 1. Updating/reinstalling Network card drivers from device management. 2. Obtain IP address automatically in TCP/IPv4 settings. 3. Tried the cmd commands ip flush and reset etc. I narrowed the...
  6. Unidentified network no internet access

Unidentified network no internet access: I can't seem to fix this error. I have tried every possible solution. Such as: 1. Updating/reinstalling Network card drivers from device management. 2. Obtain IP address automatically in TCP/IPv4 settings. 3. Tried the cmd commands ip flush and reset etc. I narrowed the...
  7. Unidentified network - No Internet access

Unidentified network - No Internet access: Currently, my PC can't connect to the internet through the LAN. The LAN says "unidentified network". However, the PC can connect to the internet through WiFi (but very poor connection). I have a PC that runs on Window 10 Home. And, in the middle of internet browsing, my...
  8. Unidentified Network/No internet access

Unidentified Network/No internet access: Hi all, Today has been rough for me since about 10am this morning. I have a PC that I built about 10 years ago that qualified for upgrade to Windows 10 about 5 months ago and until this time, I've had internet access on my PC. I've had some blue screens that occurred a few...
  9. Unidentified network - No Internet access

Unidentified network - No Internet access: I have two computers running Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 9926. One computer is a desktop and it is working perfectly. The other is a new HP 15-F039WM laptop and it came with Windows 8.1 With Bing installed and it also works perfectly in Windows 8.1 mode. I resized...
  10. "Unidentified Network" - No Internet Access (LAN)

"Unidentified Network" - No Internet Access (LAN): Hello. I am having a problem with my LAN wired connection showing "Unidentified Network" I have No Internet Access, and it happened after I upgraded my desktop PC from Windows 7 to 10. The first day I upgraded, my Internet worked perfectly. It's a week since I received a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unidentified network no internet access windows 10 connection fine