Windows 10: Unidentified network

Discus and support Unidentified network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I´m having some troubles with my ethernet connection recently. The wireless connection works fine but I can´t use my Ethernet connection,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by De Preter Timo, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Unidentified network

Hello,

I´m having some troubles with my ethernet connection recently. The wireless connection works fine but I can´t use my Ethernet connection, because its status says "Unidentified network". I already tried some things, like typing stuff in the command prompt that I don´t understand (Ipconfig / release,...), I have disabled the APIPA, but then I lost connection, even the wireless one. So I reset my pc and now I´m here asking for help because my ethernet connection still says unidentified network.

I have a laptop MSI GE72 6QF and I m also using a CPL adapter ESSCOM PL-1200, wich works fine on other pc. I tried to show as many info as I could with some pictures, if you want more of these, just ask Unidentified network ;)

Thank you for your answer,

De Preter Timo

Unidentified network fa045eda-ba02-4687-936c-68a3a0900b70?upload=true.png Unidentified network 7d522833-a27d-4f5c-84f0-58b150e3f2dd?upload=true.png Unidentified network 790b7ef0-dc8a-4e5c-ace9-c631d6689a3b?upload=true.png

Unidentified network a4bd6ef6-4eaf-4b11-a31c-91d4514fd3b6?upload=true.png Unidentified network 94fd66f8-4e3c-409c-97b5-c6a7feb5b359?upload=true.png Unidentified network fa1c1bc7-37e4-482e-885b-e4532c6bd28a?upload=true.png

:)

De Preter Timo, Mar 6, 2019
  2. werty Win User

Unidentified network

Hi, Badrobot and thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately the issue is still not resolved. The connection still shows as Unidentified and it disconnects frequently.

werty, Mar 6, 2019
  3. 0ldog Win User
    Unidentified Network

I have just hooked two computers together using an Ethernet cable, the first running windows 7 and the second running windows 10. The windows 7 computer shows up as a home network, but the windows 10 is seen as a unidentified public network.
    I try and access the Win 10 comp. and it is denied. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks John

0ldog, Mar 6, 2019
  4. tommygun Win User

Unidentified network

Working Internet Connection showis as Unidentified Network

....... thanks for the suggestion.

I added the key to the registry like you described, but it made no difference .......

Unidentified network [​IMG]

tommygun, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Unidentified network

1. Unidentified network - Similar Threads - Unidentified network

2. unidentified network, no internet how do you fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unidentified network, no internet how do you fix it: unidentified network, no internet how do you fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unidentified-network-no-internet-how-do-you-fix-it/f9de3aa5-8179-41e7-8468-ccfd718d7916
  3. unidentified network, no internet how do you fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unidentified network, no internet how do you fix it: unidentified network, no internet how do you fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unidentified-network-no-internet-how-do-you-fix-it/f9de3aa5-8179-41e7-8468-ccfd718d7916
  4. unidentified network, no internet how do you fix it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Need help with unidentified network error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with unidentified network error: Recently my ethernet keeps responding with "Unidentified network", troubleshooting it results in "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". I've tried fixes like:- netsh winsock reset and ipconfig commands- Disabling IPv6 and such- Network Reset- Buying a new PCIE...
  6. Need help with unidentified network error

Need help with unidentified network error: Recently my ethernet keeps responding with "Unidentified network", troubleshooting it results in "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". I've tried fixes like:- netsh winsock reset and ipconfig commands- Disabling IPv6 and such- Network Reset- Buying a new PCIE...
  7. Need help with unidentified network error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. window 11 unidentified network - default Gate way is not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 11 unidentified network - default Gate way is not available: his is regarding Windows OS connectivity issue. Below is what’s going on: 1- When we connect PC_A Win11 directly to PC_B Win11 or 10, we get a healthy link and ping is successful. No problem at this point. 2- when we connect the same PC_A to a board with a PHY chip, we also...
  9. window 11 unidentified network - default Gate way is not available

window 11 unidentified network - default Gate way is not available: his is regarding Windows OS connectivity issue. Below is what’s going on: 1- When we connect PC_A Win11 directly to PC_B Win11 or 10, we get a healthy link and ping is successful. No problem at this point. 2- when we connect the same PC_A to a board with a PHY chip, we also...
  10. Ethernet reports unidentified network when using automatically assigned IP address/ DNS

Ethernet reports unidentified network when using automatically assigned IP address/ DNS: If I manually assign DNS and IP, the network is identified but there is still no access. I tried renewing configuration but the command is stuck.Like so:I also tried uninstalling network adapter but there is no option to do so:...