Windows 10: Unidentified wifi network adaptor in Window 10 [Solution]

Discus and support Unidentified wifi network adaptor in Window 10 [Solution] in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wifi internet connection has been having problems and it seems that the network adaptor becomes unidentified when I first boot the laptop in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jamesgroveUK, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Unidentified wifi network adaptor in Window 10 [Solution]

My wifi internet connection has been having problems and it seems that the network adaptor becomes unidentified when I first boot the laptop in the mornings. I went through many of the fixes I found on-line, including managing my known network and pressing forget and then rebooting and entering the router name and password and eventually it would identify and all would be ok...…. until the next morning.

Deleting the adaptor driver and then re-starting or trying to update the driver also proved fruitless.

I then checked the cmos battery and although the date and time were being held ok, the reading on my multimeter showed the battery was 2.6V instead of 3V. I changed the cmos battery and BINGO. No more problems with wifi and it connects automatically every day.

So if your laptop or computer is over 3 or 4 years old it's worth checking the cmos battery voltage before trying anything else.

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

jamesgroveUK, Feb 9, 2020
  2. WOLFIE247 Win User

Unidentified network, No Internet access (on changing wifi networks)

In windows 10 when I change WiFi networks I must disable and then re-enable my WiFi adaptor for me to connect to the internet, otherwise I get the yellow warning sign which says "Unidentified network, No Internet access", but if I change back to the wifi
    network I was on before I get internet access without disable re-enabling the adaptor, So this only shows up when I switch to a different Wifi network not on reboot or waking from hibernation. This is the same on both my windows 10 laptop and windows 10 desktop
    running on latest updates.

WOLFIE247, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Ethernet settings, Unidentified network, no Internet

Changed some network names and SSID settings to a router. Had 4 PC's downstairs coming off of a switch box. Each fed into an ethernet adaptor. Worked fine.

Now the ethernet setting shows Unidentified Network, and speeds are like wifi speeds. Not obvious whats up.

Fergus

FergusMuldoon, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Ried Win User

Unidentified wifi network adaptor in Window 10 [Solution]

Unidentified Network / No Connection

After much skepticism towards Windows 10, I finally decided to give in and upgrade from Windows 7 before the deadline, but much to my dismay, I encountered this problem as soon as the new OS finished installing, and I was unable to activate the product before the deadline as a result. Over the span of these 2 days, I've spent no small amount of time sifting through similar issues from others, searching for a solution, and attempting many of the suggested answers. Troubleshooting lead to nothing in all cases, I've uninstalled my anti-virus software, I've t using ipconfig /release and /renew , resetting winsock, as well as flushing DNS in the command prompt, whatever other suggestions barring the seemingly more extreme ones; nothing thus far has helped in any way whatsoever. I would like not to have to revert back to Windows 7, but 10 has given me little hope in a better solution at this point. Anything else that could potentially solve my problems would be much appreciated. If there is any additional information I could provide that would be of assistance to that end, I'd be more than willing to provide it if able.

Unidentified wifi network adaptor in Window 10 [Solution] [​IMG]

Unidentified wifi network adaptor in Window 10 [Solution] [​IMG]

Ried, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Unidentified wifi network adaptor in Window 10 [Solution]

1. Unidentified wifi network adaptor in Window 10 [Solution] - Similar Threads - Unidentified wifi network

2. Windows 10, Unidentified network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Unidentified network: Unidentified network No Internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-unidentified-network/70ab6f01-0408-411e-ab1d-d1226196b758
  3. Windows 10, Unidentified network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10, Unidentified network: Unidentified network No Internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-unidentified-network/70ab6f01-0408-411e-ab1d-d1226196b758
  4. Windows 10, Unidentified network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unidentified Network issue, no Internet posted solutions resolve this.

Unidentified Network issue, no Internet posted solutions resolve this.: Hi, I have hunted through the Internet and see there are a standard selection of solutions to this issue. None of these have solved the issue.I have multiple connections over Internet, WiFi and Ethernet, all work except one machine. It has both WiFi and Ethernet connections,...
  6. Unidentified Network issue, no Internet posted solutions resolve this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unidentified Network issue, no Internet posted solutions resolve this.: Hi, I have hunted through the Internet and see there are a standard selection of solutions to this issue. None of these have solved the issue.I have multiple connections over Internet, WiFi and Ethernet, all work except one machine. It has both WiFi and Ethernet connections,...
  7. Unidentified Network Error, Can't fix with any solutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unidentified Network Error, Can't fix with any solutions: So yesterday I had internet connected through the ethernet cable and all was well. Connection worked, no errors, etc. Now, I go to turn my computer on today and I get an error that my ethernet network is unidentifiable and unjoinable. It's still a public network but...
  8. Unidentified Network Error, Can't fix with any solutions

Unidentified Network Error, Can't fix with any solutions: So yesterday I had internet connected through the ethernet cable and all was well. Connection worked, no errors, etc. Now, I go to turn my computer on today and I get an error that my ethernet network is unidentifiable and unjoinable. It's still a public network but...
  9. Unidentified Network Error, Can't fix with any solutions

10. Network Adaptor, Wifi Adaptor for Window 10

Network Adaptor, Wifi Adaptor for Window 10: Hey, I have a problem with my System i.e. I can not connect my system with any wifi or router wirelessly. My System model is DELL Inspiron 3442 [ATTACH] This is my PC having Windows 10 64-bit. Please help me by giving an adapter for connecting my router to my PC. Already...