Windows 10: Unifi Controller Start-up Failed

Discus and support Unifi Controller Start-up Failed in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; When starting up your UniFi controller on your server, you might be prompted with the error saying “Start-up failed” as the screenshot below. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Noel, May 11, 2023.

1. Noel New Member

Unifi Controller Start-up Failed

When starting up your UniFi controller on your server, you might be prompted with the error saying “Start-up failed” as the screenshot below.

Unifi Controller Start-up Failed unifi_startupfailed.png

Some might manage to see that the application says that Port 8443 is in use by another application. Some CCTV applications or other web applications installed on the server would use the same port.

Here you would have two choices, you can uninstall the conflicting application or just change the port of the UniFi controller.

To change the port of the UniFi controller, you need to open the system.properties file from C:\Users\<user name>\Ubiquiti UniFi\data.

Remove the hash from the below lines and change the port to 8445 and both lines should be as below.

unifi.https.port=8445
    portal.https.port=8445

Save the file and close Notepad. Open the UniFi Controller and the issue will be resolved and the service will start with no issues.

(0)

read more...

2. Unified connectivity password is not so unified

Now that there is a unified connectivity plan for Microsoft accounts and devices there is only one password for all things. When creating or changing said password the only requirements are a minimum of 8 characters (with some other suggestions for
    security). Not all devices that use the unified password have the same rules. This became a problem when I tried to log into my xbox 360 account today after changing my password to secure my compromised account. The xbox 360 has character rules of 6-16 characters.
    My new password exceeded this by far. The only options were to use two-step verification to give a smaller code or change my password for all devices. I still had to change my password for it to work even with the two-step process.

The suggestion is to either review all devices and make a unified set of rules to match or to offer suggestions like "proposed password may exceed character limit for some devices," and offer a link to check the rules. The techs I spoke to sent me
    here to discuss this issue in an attempt to get this information in the right hands so that something may be done about it. Other people not being as tech savvy as myself might be a bit more frustrated with this issue. Since Microsoft has been rebranding to
    the whole "one" system concept and forced the unified connectivity on us, I figured this is a pretty big hiccup that should be addressed.

This issue affected the following accounts all under one password: Windows 10 PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Outlook, Xbox Live, Microsoft Rewards, and all logins for mobile devices that use these accounts. I see this as a security risk in addition to an
    inconvenience.

BrianneGalgano, May 11, 2023
  3. Ubiquiti Unifi and 1903 update

Hey folks,

So I have a Unifi controller (latest version) running on a Windows 10 box. I run Unifi as a service. I allowed Windows to update to 1903 and it immediate broke the service for the controller. Even after stopping the service, uninstalling the service, reinstalling
    the service, then starting it, the controller does not work at all. It will function fine when launched as the UnifiController .exe ... just does not start the controller when launched as a service.

I have the very latest 64-bit Java 8 installed; I attempted uninstalling that and reinstalling fresh, then reinstalling the Unifi controller and restoring from a backup for the controller... still no luck.

The service throws up no errors and appears to begin correctly but just does not.

Unifi support believes this to be an issue with the Windows 1903 update, as when I reverted to Windows before the update, everything immediately works fine again, Unifi service works fine.

Thanks for any input, and thank you Microsoft for taking the time to hopefully look into this issue and fix it. *(assuming it is an issue with the update)*

JoshHansard, May 11, 2023
  4. essenbe Win User

Unifying keyboard and trackball occasionally not responding

The link to the Logitech forums instructs users to

We're aware of an issue affecting K780 MULTI-DEVICE WIRELESS KEYBOARD, K375s MULTI-DEVICE KEYBOARD or K850 PERFORMANCE KEYBOARD, where the first typed key is not detected after the keyboard comes back from sleep. We have a device (firmware) update that addresses this issue.

Please download the Device Firmware Update Tool and follow the steps in order to update your keyboard.

Device Firmware Update Tool for PC
    https://aws13-customer-care-assets.s...cureDFU_48.exe

Device Firmware Update Tool for Mac
    https://aws13-customer-care-assets.s.../SecureDFU.zip

You can always contact us from: Submit a request – Logitech Support + Download

NOTE: to update your keyboard, it needs to be connected via the Unifying Receiver (USB Receiver). If your keyboard is connected over Bluetooth, please follow the steps below to connect over Unifying before performing the update. You can always re-pair your keyboard via Bluetooth after the update is complete.

Instruction to pair your keyboard with the Unifying receiver

1. Download and install Logitech Unifying software Unifying Software
    2. Select the channel using the Easy-Switch buttons (1, 2, or 3) on which you want to connect the keyboard with your Unifying receiver. You can select a channel that's different than the current paired channel.
    3. Open the Unifying software and follow the onscreen instructions to pair your keyboard with your Unifying receiver.

NOTE: the update should take about 5 minutes to complete. Please make sure that your computer stays on while the update is being performed, and please do not disconnect your device while the update is being performed (do not turn it off or switch the to another channel).

essenbe, May 11, 2023
Thema:

1. Unifi Controller Start-up Failed - Similar Threads - Unifi Controller Start

2. start up repair failed/start up issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start up repair failed/start up issues: I've been having an issue with my pc starting up slow, it's never been a major problem until it starts to refuse to start up sometimes. My mouse and monitor wouldn't even detect a signal from my pc. I would have to wait a few minutes until it does or just turn it off and on...
  3. start up repair failed/start up issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start up repair failed/start up issues: I've been having an issue with my pc starting up slow, it's never been a major problem until it starts to refuse to start up sometimes. My mouse and monitor wouldn't even detect a signal from my pc. I would have to wait a few minutes until it does or just turn it off and on...
  4. start up repair failed/start up issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. unified inbox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unified inbox?: When I start the mail app, I see all my email together in one inbox. If I click on one account, for example to focus on work and not see personal stuff for a little while, I can just see the one account. Is there a way to get back to the unified account without closing and...
  6. Failed PC start up

Failed PC start up: Okay,So I bought a PC second hand years back. It worked for a about a year then died after I wasn’t on it for 20 minutes. When I turned it on again I was prompted with the“Your PC did not start correctly” screen. I tried multiple things back then to get it to work but it...
  7. Failed PC start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed PC start up: Okay,So I bought a PC second hand years back. It worked for a about a year then died after I wasn’t on it for 20 minutes. When I turned it on again I was prompted with the“Your PC did not start correctly” screen. I tried multiple things back then to get it to work but it...
  8. Failed PC start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Start up fail

Start up fail: Processor AMD Athlontm II X4 635 Processor 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB Device ID C8FBED17-0E45-4652-ADE3-696069A09B74 Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA309 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this...
  10. start up show fail to start correctely

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up show fail to start correctely: Fix start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-show-fail-to-start-correctely/6d58a1ab-4873-47f7-b919-883255668e41