Windows 10: Unifying reciever shows as "Unknown Device"

Discus and support Unifying reciever shows as "Unknown Device" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just purchased a M510 wireless mouse for my laptop. I've never had an issue with the other 3 I own, and this worked great for the first week I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Buurrrian, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Buurrrian Win User

Unifying reciever shows as "Unknown Device"

I just purchased a M510 wireless mouse for my laptop. I've never had an issue with the other 3 I own, and this worked great for the first week I had it. But since I removed the USB reciever and plugged it back in, it only shows as unknown device in the setting menu, and doesn't seem to communicate with the mouse. Is there a driver I can download to correct this, or some other solution?

:)

Buurrrian, Apr 1, 2020

2. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Unifying reciever shows as "Unknown Device" [​IMG]

putermaker, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Unifying reciever shows as "Unknown Device"

Unified connectivity password is not so unified

Now that there is a unified connectivity plan for Microsoft accounts and devices there is only one password for all things. When creating or changing said password the only requirements are a minimum of 8 characters (with some other suggestions for
    security). Not all devices that use the unified password have the same rules. This became a problem when I tried to log into my xbox 360 account today after changing my password to secure my compromised account. The xbox 360 has character rules of 6-16 characters.
    My new password exceeded this by far. The only options were to use two-step verification to give a smaller code or change my password for all devices. I still had to change my password for it to work even with the two-step process.

The suggestion is to either review all devices and make a unified set of rules to match or to offer suggestions like "proposed password may exceed character limit for some devices," and offer a link to check the rules. The techs I spoke to sent me
    here to discuss this issue in an attempt to get this information in the right hands so that something may be done about it. Other people not being as tech savvy as myself might be a bit more frustrated with this issue. Since Microsoft has been rebranding to
    the whole "one" system concept and forced the unified connectivity on us, I figured this is a pretty big hiccup that should be addressed.

This issue affected the following accounts all under one password: Windows 10 PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Outlook, Xbox Live, Microsoft Rewards, and all logins for mobile devices that use these accounts. I see this as a security risk in addition to an
    inconvenience.

BrianneGalgano, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Unifying reciever shows as "Unknown Device"

1. Unifying reciever shows as "Unknown Device" - Similar Threads - Unifying reciever shows

2. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  3. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  4. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unknown Devices showing up in Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Devices showing up in Network: So, I've encountered this once before, but it's recently happened again. Got a device named 'austin' showing up in my Windows network section of Explorer. Its vendor was labelled 'Amazon', and it had no IP address - only a MAC address. To double my confusion, when I...
  6. Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device: I noticed a few days ago that Device Manager was showing an unknown Device, and I'm not sure how to correct that. I was thinking of deleting it, but that I should ask on the forum first. My system seems to be running ok save for my running slow when opening programs, but I've...
  7. how to pair gearhead mouse to logitech unifying reciever

how to pair gearhead mouse to logitech unifying reciever: how to pair gearhead mouse to logitech unifying receiver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pair-gearhead-mouse-to-logitech-unifying/fff36262-70b8-42f2-8e17-6c723d91fc6e
  8. Unknown Device Showing In Xbox Account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown Device Showing In Xbox Account.: My account shows a connected device that I did not attach to my xboxone,and when I click on the icon it redirects me.how do I find out A.what the device is and B.where/when/how it was connected to my account? ***Moved From: Microsoft Edge/All other issues/Windows 10***...
  9. Logitech unifying reciever not recognized in Window 10

Logitech unifying reciever not recognized in Window 10: Logitech unifying receiver no longer recognized in Windows 10. Mouse and keyboard do work, but the message still pops up every few seconds...
  10. HDD crashed, showing as Unknown Device

HDD crashed, showing as Unknown Device: Hello, My seagate 2TB internal HDD suddenly crashed after a couple of days of weird loading. The main problem I have is that the device is showing as Unknown Device on device manager. If i try to uninstall / Scan Hardware Changes, it just disappears. If I disable /...