Windows 10: Unigram is an unofficial desktop client for Telegram that supports Secret Chat, Location...

Discus and support Unigram is an unofficial desktop client for Telegram that supports Secret Chat, Location... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Telegram has a Windows version that is quite good. But it's not the only one that you can use, and I'm not talking about the web-based apps that you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jun 22, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Unigram is an unofficial desktop client for Telegram that supports Secret Chat, Location...

Telegram has a Windows version that is quite good. But it's not the only one that you can use, and I'm not talking about the web-based apps that you may run but a dedicated program.

Unigram is an unofficial desktop client for Telegram that supports Secret Chat, Location... is-an-unofficial-desktop-client-for-Telegram-that-supports-Secret-Chat-Location-sharing-and-more.jpg

Unigram is an unofficial desktop client for Telegram. It's open source, and its interface is nearly identical to the official program, but there are a few features that make it worth using.

There are multiple ways to sign in, you can use your phone number, or scan the QR code that is displayed on the screen. The latter requires you to open the Telegram app on your phone, navigate to Settings > Devices > Scan QR Code. It supports multiple accounts, just like the original program.

Unigram will prompt you to grant access to your contacts to sync the data across your devices. The GUI has a nice background with a gradient color, you may change it from the Menu > Settings > Chat settings > Chat Background. The program has a better Emoji panel which includes a search function. It supports animated emojis in chats. Speaking of emojis, there are 10 sets to choose from unlike the official client which only has 4.

Unigram is an unofficial desktop client for Telegram that supports Secret Chat, Location... Unigram-emoji-sets.jpg

You can change the text size and the border of the chat from Unigram's settings. Toggle the full-screen gallery mode, and the spell checker from the options. The application supports sticker sets, animated GIFs, etc. just like the original program.

Unigram is an unofficial desktop client for Telegram that supports Secret Chat, Location... Unigram-video-player.jpg

Telegram's video player is superb, it allows you to adjust the volume, view the content in a pop-out window (PiP), full screen mode. Unigram lacks the playback speed controller and full screen view mode, but adds a couple of extra options. You may use it to cast the media on another device wirelessly, or open it in a third-party video player of your choice.

Unigram is an unofficial desktop client for Telegram that supports Secret Chat, Location... Unigram-open-in-external-video-player.jpg

The GIF viewer has a play/pause button, that's because the program uses the built-in media player for animated GIFs.

Unigram is an unofficial desktop client for Telegram that supports Secret Chat, Location... Unigram-animated-GIF-viewer.jpg

The music player in the program has a shuffle button in addition to the playback and volume controls, and loop button.

Unigram is an unofficial desktop client for Telegram that supports Secret Chat, Location... Unigram-music-player.jpg

You can mark a message as read or reply to it from a notification pop-up. The official client can do this too, but takes an extra click to bring the reply option. The message compose menus are identical in both programs. Unigram does not support double-click for selecting a message in the chat, while the official program does. The select option in the right-click menu toggles a checkbox mode next to each message in the conversation, which makes it somewhat simpler to select multiple messages.

Access your Saved Messages, Chats, Contacts, Settings from the menu's side-bar. There is one option in the menu that stands apart from the official client, Unigram supports secret chats, aka end-to-end encrypted conversations. In addition to providing a secure conversation, this mode has an optional self-destruct timer that you can set (1 second to 15 seconds), and the program will delete the messages after the recipient has viewed it. Impressively, the program's window cannot be screenshotted in secret chat mode.

Telegram Desktop has a share button that you can use to send files, images and videos to your contact. Unigram can do that and more, it allows you to share your location, either from your device or anonymously, by selecting the location from the map. You can also share contact cards with the participant in the chat.

Though Unigram is an unofficial client for Telegram, it is recognized by the service and listed on the website, which clearly means it's safe to use. Download Unigram from the Microsoft Store.

Closing Words

Unigram's features are good, but in terms of performance it's not impressive. The UWP app uses about 300MB of memory, while the official client only uses about 150MB. I noticed a minor lag sometimes, especially when switching between conversations, it's just not fluid as the official client. Maybe that's because of the animations. But the thing that really surprised me was the lack of a tray icon, which according to the GitHub issues page, was removed from the program due to some bugs. This caused a few problems for me. I constantly kept closing the app, because I'm used to hitting the X button on Telegram Desktop to minimize it to the tray. I prefer checking the tray icon for the unread notification badge, but with Unigram I had to rely on the taskbar badge.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Unigram is an unofficial desktop client for Telegram that supports Secret Chat, Location sharing and more appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jun 22, 2021

2. improving TELEGRAM

Telegram is a useful chat program with some irritants that I have been unable to EFFECTIVELY draw to the attention of the designers. I have tried to contact them by Chat, email, Webform and twitter - all have drawn NO response. It is subject to very frequent updates, so the developers must be deeply involved with it, yet they remain incommunicado. So in desperation, I now attempt to use this forum method of making suggestions to them. 1. Can they do something about the emoticons-on-offer constantly obscuring the text-entry bar - perhaps by moving its tool to the left where the camera icon is, which does not cause nearly as much irritation. 2. Make returning to the current point in the chat more user-friendly. 3. Implement the kind
    of 'multiple instance' feature that Skype offers where one can have as many chat windows open as there are currently active chat partners.

Sebastian42, Jun 22, 2021
  3. SlickNutz Win User
    Top Secret: Windows 10 and the Frozen Desktop

Is it possible, if I take a screen shot of a Windows 10 desktop session with everything minimized and set that as the desktop background, to:

• make all real desktop icons disappear,
    • hide taskbar so it stays hidden,

this would make it appear as if the mouse works but everything else does not respond on the desktop view when clicked?

Why?

I have a technical need to set up random desktop workstations in this manner for a special "top secret" project at work to see how certain employees respond and report incidents and issues for compliance adherence to a new company policy when malfunctioning systems occur.

Details

The computers are regular desktop computers with Windows 10 joined to a domian in an AD environment and I have full domain admin access to everything from login scripts, to GPO's, and on and on. I will accept and test all methods (scripts, Group Policy settings, manual steps on the desktop session doing this, and on and on) suggested to pick the best method for my need. Since I have a deadline months out for the first real run, I figured I'd ask some experts or regular people for some suggestions on this task.

Undo Optional

If you have a method to undo this for the method you advise that would be great but it's not required and I'll figure that part out but the easier for me the better for setting it up and undoing it for all methods I'll test.

SlickNutz, Jun 22, 2021
  4. elbmek Win User

Unigram is an unofficial desktop client for Telegram that supports Secret Chat, Location...

Telegram Desktop Social Media

I logged in on my pc. I downloaded Telegram Desktop. There are also Telegram Messenger which is only a messenger. I got my code and used it to log in on mobile then tablet. all three up and running, only laptop to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Telegram Messenger - then look for desktop (PC) download

second window has download for windows

elbmek, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Unigram is an unofficial desktop client for Telegram that supports Secret Chat, Location... - Similar Threads - Unigram unofficial desktop

2. Telegram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Telegram: I have just downloaded your app named Telegram. After I inserted my telephone number as directed I was prompted that a code would be sent to my other deviceI licked the SMS and expected that a code would be sent to my phone however was mentioned previously that a code would...
  3. support chat stuck to an old chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    support chat stuck to an old chat: support chat is stuck on a previous chat, i tried to access support thru the 2 surface pros I have and my Surface Book, also thru my Microsoft account, thru the browser, and thru the Surface Pro app, always the same thing, connecting me to an old chat....
  4. support chat stuck to an old chat

support chat stuck to an old chat: support chat is stuck on a previous chat, i tried to access support thru the 2 surface pros I have and my Surface Book, also thru my Microsoft account, thru the browser, and thru the Surface Pro app, always the same thing, connecting me to an old chat....
  5. need to chat with support

in Windows 10 Customization
    need to chat with support: I need support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-chat-with-support/19791dfd-92f9-44fd-bdba-e27956c9bbd8
  6. An unofficial Google Assistant client for Linux/macOS/Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An unofficial Google Assistant client for Linux/macOS/Windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SubhanRaj [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nlyonk/an_unofficial_google_assistant_client_for/
  7. Telegram Desktop Social Media

Telegram Desktop Social Media: I have download Telegram Desktop to my pc, phone, tablet and soon, my laptop. This social media guarantees total privacy unlike FB and whatsapp. It takes a little getting used to but I already have one group (military) up and running. Having been banned on FB for three times...
  8. Telegram desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Telegram desktop: I was surfing on telegram desktop, suddenly it got blank out and since then it is opening. What should I do to reopen it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telegram-desktop/5cbb7377-f05d-4c10-80f0-d23b74af9d0a
  9. ONLINE Chat Support

in Windows 10 Customization
    ONLINE Chat Support: Does anyone know, for Sure, NO Speculation, NO Hunches etc... Why is there NO Option for ONLINE Chat Support for a Tech, for Windows 10, the ONLY option is a Callback?? any Thoughts??...
  10. Improved Skype desktop clients for dynamic new chat experi

in Windows 10 News
    Improved Skype desktop clients for dynamic new chat experi: Today we’re excited to announce Skype for Mac 7.0 as well as the preview for the new Skype for Windows – both of which have been redesigned to make it easier to chat and share. If you’re already using Skype on mobile, you’ll recognize some of these changes. We’ve made the...