Windows 10: uninstall a program to proceed with Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support uninstall a program to proceed with Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was doing an upgrade to 10, and got this message". Uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10. I cannot find this app in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KathyConlin1, Jan 13, 2020.

1. uninstall a program to proceed with Windows 10 upgrade

I was doing an upgrade to 10, and got this message". Uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10.

I cannot find this app in my programs. I used the search tool, and nothing. I tried to identify it by using the icon, but that didn't work either. How else can I find this app to get rid of it?

:)

KathyConlin1, Jan 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Jan 13, 2020
  3. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 13, 2020
  4. uninstall a program to proceed with Windows 10 upgrade

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused uninstall a program to proceed with Windows 10 upgrade :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

uninstall a program to proceed with Windows 10 upgrade

1. uninstall a program to proceed with Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - uninstall program proceed

2. Window 10 to 11 upgrade can't proceed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 to 11 upgrade can't proceed: Very disappointed with the window 10 to 11 upgrade process. Initially I've no intention of upgrading so soon, but I'm constantly disrupted with screen lock promoting the upgrade and my PC sleep function are also disrupted from time to time due to this window 10 to 11...
  3. Window 10 to 11 upgrade can't proceed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 to 11 upgrade can't proceed: Very disappointed with the window 10 to 11 upgrade process. Initially I've no intention of upgrading so soon, but I'm constantly disrupted with screen lock promoting the upgrade and my PC sleep function are also disrupted from time to time due to this window 10 to 11...
  4. Uninstall program in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstall program in Windows 10 Pro: I am trying to uninstall a program on my computer, I am running Windows 10 Pro. I tried uninstalling from it from Control Panel and by right-clicking the program in the start menu. It gives me an uninstall prompt, but when I click on it I get the attached error message. The...
  5. uninstalling a program on windows 10

uninstalling a program on windows 10: hello there, im having a problem with eplan program i cannot uninstall since eplan were not uninstalling i made a mistake i think because i deleted every eplan program file in pc now it just shows up with its icon but you cannot modify or uninstall it what can i do...
  6. Cant uninstall a program windows 10

Cant uninstall a program windows 10: Something happened after the last major windows update and something happened with iTunes and other apple windows programs. and what ive done since has probably made it worse. after doing all of the following windows still thinks there is a version of iTunes installed I...
  7. How to uninstall program a program in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to uninstall program a program in windows 10: My old printer program is still showing on my desktop. How do I uninstall it? Thanks Greg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-program-a-program-in-windows-10/9a288f01-e183-4ae3-a0c0-61fde449056a"
  8. how to uninstall a program that wont uninstall in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to uninstall a program that wont uninstall in windows 10: how to uninstall a program that wont uninstall in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-a-program-that-wont-uninstall-in/e72441fe-d5b2-4db0-88a1-541cbc45105e
  9. Any Automatic uninstall programs after upgrade

Any Automatic uninstall programs after upgrade: Hi there Windows Gurus I was just wondering if after a Windows upgrade / major updates if there was any software around to automatically uninstall redundant / unused software Example -- just did an upgrade on a Linux system (NEON-KDE - a ubuntu derivative with KDE GUI /...
  10. Windows 10 Uninstalling My Programs

Windows 10 Uninstalling My Programs: Windows 10 keeps uninstalling my programs without me granting permission of any kind. This seems to happen occasionally when i turn my computer off. I have never had any issues on other OS. How can I get Windows to stop? Thanks 47620