Windows 10: Uninstall an unlisted Windows update

Discus and support Uninstall an unlisted Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just noticed that there is an update with the wrong date. KB4023057 It shows being installed in 2019. I did advance my computer to that date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jlneedshelp, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Uninstall an unlisted Windows update

I just noticed that there is an update with the wrong date. KB4023057
    It shows being installed in 2019.

I did advance my computer to that date briefly. So I guess it was download automatically.

My question is how do I remove it?
    Should I remove it?
    Will this cause my Windows 10 Pro 1803 171.4.407 from updating to 1809?

It does not show up under the "Uninstall an Update".

Ran wusa /uninstall /kb:4023057 and it came back with "Is not installed on this computer".

If this is in the community please move to the correct one.

Thanks

Uninstall an unlisted Windows update 74584a92-531c-4d93-a4cf-3694f2302bfe?upload=true.jpg

:)

jlneedshelp, Nov 25, 2018
  2. JohnD Win User

Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

!'m not sure how I did it but all seems well now. It was something like Deacon suggested plus a re-boot or two. It's now listed as a printer, not as unspecified.

Uninstall an unlisted Windows update [​IMG]

Update the list still doesn't work.

Thanks for your support.

PS MS's Update catalogue is very useful. E.g. Microsoft Update Catalog

JohnD, Nov 25, 2018
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstall an unlisted Windows update :confused:

oli_ramsay, Nov 25, 2018
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Uninstall an unlisted Windows update

Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

This is what you get by clicking the 'The printer I want is not listed' I would try the network options... *Cool

Uninstall an unlisted Windows update [​IMG]

dmholt57, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Uninstall an unlisted Windows update

1. Uninstall an unlisted Windows update - Similar Threads - Uninstall unlisted update

2. applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops: Hi all,I am having an Issue on my Intel NUC running Windows 10 Pro. Some applications that I try to launch e.g. Task manager, google chrome, will launch successfully but on unlisted desktops. I thought task Manager was broken initially, but I saw this problem when accessing...
  3. applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops: Hi all,I am having an Issue on my Intel NUC running Windows 10 Pro. Some applications that I try to launch e.g. Task manager, google chrome, will launch successfully but on unlisted desktops. I thought task Manager was broken initially, but I saw this problem when accessing...
  4. applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Uninstalling Windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalling Windows updates: Following Windows 10 update this morning to version 20H2 Firefox is no longer listed as an option for default browser and Outlook won't open Facebook links. Update history shows 3 different items Servicing Stack, Security Update KB5001330, and Feature Update 10 20H2 and I...
  6. How change default "app" to a different, unlisted PROGRAM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How change default "app" to a different, unlisted PROGRAM?: For file type .dng my system is currently stuck to Affinity Photo. I do not WANT .dng files to default there. I want them to default to Adobe Bridge. I cannot find a way to select the program I want. I set it to Photoshop 2020, but I DON'T WANT dng files automatically going...
  7. uninstall windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall windows update: I am having trouble printing after windows 10 update. I am trying to uninstall update KB4556799 but the message "An error has occurred. Not all the updates were successfully uninstalled" Can anyone help, please?...
  8. Adding unlisted properties to files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding unlisted properties to files: Hello, I want to add specific properties to some audio files in my music folder. The option to add them to the folder itself exists (context menu of the column names), but I can't seem to find any way to add said properties to the files themselves. In my case, I want to add...
  9. Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list: I have an old but well looked after HP LaserJet 4050TN. It has produced around half a million pages, had a new fuser, an upgraded JetDirect and still works well. It's networked via cable straight off the router. It's primarily used with my desktop PC of which only the case...
  10. Windows Update will not uninstall!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update will not uninstall!: Every time I try to UNinstall the windows update: Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4041676) 12/10/2017 It starts to uninstall and than stops and gives me this error message: An error has occurred. Not all of the updates were successfully uninstalled. I am...