Windows 10: Uninstall App for Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Uninstall App for Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Whenever I try to update my PC, it tells me what apps I need to uninstall to update. It is telling me to uninstall an app that I don't have. I looked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bailey Cade, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Uninstall App for Windows 10 Update

Whenever I try to update my PC, it tells me what apps I need to uninstall to update. It is telling me to uninstall an app that I don't have. I looked in the start menu, the control panel, and in the settings app, but I can't find it. I googled what the app was, and it told me how to uninstall it, but it didn't work. Is there away to ethier uninstall it or another way to update?

:)

Bailey Cade, Apr 1, 2021

2. Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

That is so cool that you made this program. I had it down to about two steps, using a paste of a text list. I had been doing clean installs of win 10 and this little program of yours is a lifesaver.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...tml#post509959

Jerry Delacruz, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Unable to uninstall an app on Windows 10

Hello dayhiker4k,

First, I went ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate category, so no need to worry about that. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Regarding your concern, I have listed below the most basic steps on how to uninstall a program on Windows 10 via settings. Try it out and see if it helps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

If the above step won't work, I suggest that you check with Webroot's support website for steps on how to completely uninstall their programs. Some anti-virus apps require certain permissions, or may have have different steps to perform in order to completely
    take it out of the system.

If you're still having trouble uninstalling the app, the last resort that I can share to you is to uninstall it using
    Command Prompt. Follow the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar from
    this link and let us know the outcome.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Uninstall App for Windows 10 Update

How to disable/uninstall the Photo app in Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

We cannot disable Photos app on windows 10. However, we can uninstall the app and when you require the app you can download it through Windows Store.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app.

• Type Power Shell in the Search bar,
      right-click on Windows PowerShell and click on
      Run as administrator

• Type the following commands, press Enter
      key after each command, in the given order.
    1. Get-AppxPackage

(This will view all the apps installed in your account.)

2. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers

(This will view all Windows apps installed in the computer.)

3. Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Remove-AppxPackage

(This will remove/uninstall the Photo app.)

• Restart the system and check.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Uninstall App for Windows 10 Update

1. Uninstall App for Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Uninstall App Update

2. Uninstall Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall Windows 10 Updates: Can I uninstall windows 10 updates in Control panel when i'm on windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-windows-10-updates/f7e7c763-4564-4f14-963c-b58a8d211a0c
  3. Can't uninstall or update apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall or update apps: Hi,Each time i try to uninstall an app, i get taking to a "how do you want to open this file" prompt. I tried with multiple apps and it says the same thing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-or-update-apps/ab12c628-e24c-4b4b-af43-20825d279538
  4. Can't uninstall or update apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't uninstall or update apps: Hi,Each time i try to uninstall an app, i get taking to a "how do you want to open this file" prompt. I tried with multiple apps and it says the same thing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-or-update-apps/ab12c628-e24c-4b4b-af43-20825d279538
  5. Can't uninstall or update apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Uninstall windows 10 apps

Uninstall windows 10 apps: So I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and already the reason I didn't want to is already taking its toll. Apps like My Phone, Xbox Game Bar, Cortana, and many others that I do not want or need. Yet Microsoft decided it would be a good idea to make it impossible to uninstall...
  7. Uninstall updates windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstall updates windows 10: So I ran into a problem installing an optional update on windows 10 earlier this month and my pc has become unresponsive for certain things. File explorer Updates get stuck C drive just loads forever without stopping PC does not restart or shut down without manually doing so...
  8. steps to uninstall apps that wont uninstall in windows 10

steps to uninstall apps that wont uninstall in windows 10: steps to uninstall apps that wont uninstall in windows 10 . like when i try to work in my local language tool in India - Azhagi+ for transliteration this program wont start up or bring up the correct fonts i select and a prompt keeps popping up " Program already running " ....
  9. Some apps need to be uninstalled Windows 10 Update error

in Windows 10 News
    Some apps need to be uninstalled Windows 10 Update error: [ATTACH] When upgrading to Windows 10, the setup looks for both software, and hardware compatibility, and if you receive an error message which says Some apps need to be uninstalled or You need to uninstall a program in order to continue, you [...] This post Some apps need...
  10. Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Apps in Windows 10: How to: Uninstall Apps in Windows 10 How to Uninstall Desktop Apps and Windows Apps in Windows 10 If you no longer want or use an app, then you could uninstall the app to remove it and free up space on the drive. When you uninstall a desktop app (program), it will...