Windows 10: Uninstall app

Discus and support Uninstall app in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to uninstall an app from the apps control panel but it's icon keeps showing up. I tried to uninstall by clicking on the icon and the uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by askisr, Sep 11, 2019.

1. askisr Win User

Uninstall app

I tried to uninstall an app from the apps control panel but it's icon keeps showing up. I tried to uninstall by clicking on the icon and the uninstall button but it doesn't work. I checked the control panel again but it doesn't appear there anymore.

:)

askisr, Sep 11, 2019

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstall app :confused:

oli_ramsay, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

Hello Geoff, Uninstall app :)

Q1) If it's a built-in app, then the user can restore the app using that tutorial only if the app was uninstalled for their account and not for all users. Being able to restore an app that was uninstalled for all users using the PowerShell command is currently broken in Windows, and break all built-in apps if used. The only way to restore them then is to do a repair install.

Q2) That's correct. If a built-in app is not listed in under step 3 in OPTION TWO, then it can't and be uninstalled. Those would be apps that are used by Windows, and shouldn't be uninstalled. For example, Microsoft Edge.

Q3) I haven't tied it to know, but I would assume that to be so.

Brink, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Arnie Est Win User

Uninstall app

how to uninstall Apps

Hi,

About your concern, you can uninstall apps by following the steps bellow:

• From your home screen, swipe left to go to apps list.
    • Look for the apps that you want to uninstall.
    • Press and hold the app then tap uninstall.
    Please note that built in apps can't be uninstalled or removed from the phone.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Arnie Est, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Uninstall app

1. Uninstall app - Similar Threads - Uninstall app

2. uninstalling app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uninstalling app: hi. can anyone help me with uninstalling an app? I tried to do it in the settings but there's always a pop up windows saying the app is still running even though it's close. I have to uninstall it because it keeps on crashing my laptop (my windows edge were crashing. the...
  3. problems after upgrading from windows 10 home to pro:- Hyper-V, Uninstalling apps, powershell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems after upgrading from windows 10 home to pro:- Hyper-V, Uninstalling apps, powershell: 1. Hyper-V error : after upgrading to pro I have enabled virtualization and Hyper-V in control panel> programs>Turn windows features on or off. later after opening the Hyper-V manager [ATTACH] 2. Uninstalling DropBox 25GB or any other the error: [ATTACH] After...
  4. Can't uninstall/reinstall app after corrupting the data. Unable to delete folder.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't uninstall/reinstall app after corrupting the data. Unable to delete folder.: I tried to move an app (more specifically Gears 5, a game from the Xbox app) to another drive via the "Apps and Features" menu. It was taking forever, and didn't display a progress bar, so I gave up and reset my PC thinking I would try again. Instead, the app has disappeared...
  5. I have a rogue security app which I dont want, it wont uninstall the name is Segurazo, I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a rogue security app which I dont want, it wont uninstall the name is Segurazo, I...: I have an unwanted rogue app which I cant uninstall, the name of the app is Segurazo I would have though that Microsoft defender would have stopped it....
  6. Uninstall unused office 365 apps

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Uninstall unused office 365 apps: Hello, i have license to office 365 from my work, i install the whole pack because i can't choose what i want . how i can to uninstall the apps that i don't need them? 139255
  7. How to prevent unwanted Apps from Re-Installing after I Uninstall them?

How to prevent unwanted Apps from Re-Installing after I Uninstall them?: As the title says, Whenever I uninstall a specific App, it re-downloads itself a few minutes later without my permission, and I sorely wish to not use said app in favor of the internet browser version, which I cannot set to default because Windows 10 does not allow me to,...
  8. App in "Apps & Features" won't Uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    App in "Apps & Features" won't Uninstall: [ATTACH] "World of Tanks" showed up one day. I think I deleted the directory manually. Now it's hanging around making me uncomfortable in Apps & Features, and who knows where else. When I click Uninstall, I end up with the above error. How do I kill this thing?...
  9. How to uninstall Avast Antivirus if it does not show in the list of apps on the PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to uninstall Avast Antivirus if it does not show in the list of apps on the PC: I have Windows 10 Pro N, version 1803. For the last few days Windows is trying to install an update, but states the following: Uninstall Avast Antivirus now because it is not compatible with Windows 10. If I follow the steps: Settings > Apps and Features ; Avast does not show...
  10. How can I uninstall the YOUR PHONE app on my Surface Pro?

How can I uninstall the YOUR PHONE app on my Surface Pro?: How can I uninstall the YOUR PHONE and other apps I do not want from Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-uninstall-the-your-phone-app-on-my/1611a6c3-7fea-4a1e-b14a-53285fb7713f"