Windows 10: Uninstall apps that is not compatible with Windows 10

Discus and support Uninstall apps that is not compatible with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to update my Windows system, but it is telling me to manually uninstall Virtualbox that I can't seem to find. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Adrianna_477, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Uninstall apps that is not compatible with Windows 10

I'm trying to update my Windows system, but it is telling me to manually uninstall Virtualbox that I can't seem to find. How do I fix this?

:)

Adrianna_477, Jul 20, 2021

2. Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

That is so cool that you made this program. I had it down to about two steps, using a paste of a text list. I had been doing clean installs of win 10 and this little program of yours is a lifesaver.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...tml#post509959

Jerry Delacruz, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Unable to uninstall an app on Windows 10

Hello dayhiker4k,

First, I went ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate category, so no need to worry about that. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Regarding your concern, I have listed below the most basic steps on how to uninstall a program on Windows 10 via settings. Try it out and see if it helps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

If the above step won't work, I suggest that you check with Webroot's support website for steps on how to completely uninstall their programs. Some anti-virus apps require certain permissions, or may have have different steps to perform in order to completely
    take it out of the system.

If you're still having trouble uninstalling the app, the last resort that I can share to you is to uninstall it using
    Command Prompt. Follow the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar from
    this link and let us know the outcome.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Uninstall apps that is not compatible with Windows 10

How to disable/uninstall the Photo app in Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

We cannot disable Photos app on windows 10. However, we can uninstall the app and when you require the app you can download it through Windows Store.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app.

• Type Power Shell in the Search bar,
      right-click on Windows PowerShell and click on
      Run as administrator

• Type the following commands, press Enter
      key after each command, in the given order.
    1. Get-AppxPackage

(This will view all the apps installed in your account.)

2. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers

(This will view all Windows apps installed in the computer.)

3. Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Remove-AppxPackage

(This will remove/uninstall the Photo app.)

• Restart the system and check.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Uninstall apps that is not compatible with Windows 10

1. Uninstall apps that is not compatible with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Uninstall apps compatible

2. Uninstall windows 10 apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall windows 10 apps: So I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and already the reason I didn't want to is already taking its toll. Apps like My Phone, Xbox Game Bar, Cortana, and many others that I do not want or need. Yet Microsoft decided it would be a good idea to make it impossible to uninstall...
  3. "Uninstall this App now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Uninstall this App now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10": It shows me that I have to manually uninstall VirtualBox. I did the steps to try and fix the problem. However, when I open the xml file and search the ctrl + F step to check the DT_ANY_FMC_BlockingApplication value, it shows False. I've tried refreshing, but it still has the...
  4. Uninstall this app now because it isn’t compatible with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall this app now because it isn’t compatible with Windows 10: Please see below screenshot while trying to upgrade my windows to version 20H2. I am getting this message "Uninstall this app now because it isn’t compatible with Windows 10". I clearly have VirtualBox uninstalled for months now. It's not even in my Program files. Yet even if...
  5. Windows 10 S and apps compatability

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 S and apps compatability: About to set up my wife's laptop for a course she is doing next week for a year. It is a Lenovo with wndows 10S with 512 GB ssd I gather that it will only allow her/me to download apps in the MS store. Tried the store to see if I could answer my question but not sure For...
  6. steps to uninstall apps that wont uninstall in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    steps to uninstall apps that wont uninstall in windows 10: steps to uninstall apps that wont uninstall in windows 10 . like when i try to work in my local language tool in India - Azhagi+ for transliteration this program wont start up or bring up the correct fonts i select and a prompt keeps popping up " Program already running " ....
  7. Compatibility of an app

in Cortana
    Compatibility of an app: how to know if an app "Share what you hear" is compatible with win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatibility-of-an-app/19586518-ea7c-4719-a632-f8bc7aa37b41"
  8. Deleted/Uninstalled Bluetooth Compatibility?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleted/Uninstalled Bluetooth Compatibility?: I am currently try to get my Ps4 controller to work with windows 10 and it has been impossible. I tried connecting the controller through Bluethooth and although the computer recognizes a controller is connected it will not work in game. I have also used software such as Ds4...
  9. Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Apps in Windows 10: How to: Uninstall Apps in Windows 10 How to Uninstall Desktop Apps and Windows Apps in Windows 10 If you no longer want or use an app, then you could uninstall the app to remove it and free up space on the drive. When you uninstall a desktop app (program), it will...
  10. App Compat references for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    App Compat references for Windows 10: Hi all, For those of you (IT Pro’s) moving/upgrading from Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10. For the most part, applications that work on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 work on Windows 10. The exceptions are going to be, applications that have a Kernel driver or Filter...