Windows 10: uninstall avast free antivirus

Discus and support uninstall avast free antivirus in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have windows 10. I recently uninstalled avast free antivirus. When I looked at windows defender firewall it stated it was under the control of avast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamHooper2, Jun 4, 2019.

1. uninstall avast free antivirus

I have windows 10.

I recently uninstalled avast free antivirus. When I looked at windows defender firewall it stated it was under the control of avast and could not be activated.

I done a search on C: and found many avast files remaining.

I have used the avast removal tool and was unsuccessful. I tried to get some ifo off their website but all they say is use the removal tool.

Their is no avast app on my computer.

:)

WilliamHooper2, Jun 4, 2019

2. Avast Antivirus

Hi,

Stop Avast and then uninstall it in Programs and Features - then run the

Avast Uninstall Utility.

Contact Avast Support and their forums.

Avast - Support

http://www.avast.com/support

Avast - Forums

Avast WEBforum - Index

Avast - Uninstall Utility

http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

List of anti-malware program cleanup/uninstall tools

List of anti-malware product removal tools

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
    !

SpiritX MS MVP, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Avast Antivirus

If you've previously encountered issues with Malwarebytes then you may want to avoid using it.

If Avast and Adwcleaner find no malware issues then you may have eliminated any problems though the use of "Torrents" may expose your computer to additional risks.

Other scanners that may help with malware issues are listed at

List
    of Malware Removal Tools

Good luck...

Le Boule, Jun 4, 2019
  4. jgm756 Win User

uninstall avast free antivirus

Avast Antivirus

I had exactly the same problem and AVAST antivirus was the cause.

Once AVAST was uninstalled, Windows 10 worked great.

now I need to determine which antivirus is best for Windows 10!

jgm756, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

uninstall avast free antivirus

1. uninstall avast free antivirus - Similar Threads - uninstall avast free

2. Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version: Can someone please help? I downloaded the free version of AVG Antivirus Free version a while ago and have since uninstalled it but I keep getting the message regarding Windows Update saying that I need to uninstall that programme as it is preventing the update from being...
  3. Uninstalling Avast Antivirus files in C:/Windows/WinSxS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling Avast Antivirus files in C:/Windows/WinSxS: Recently I downloaded an antivirus software called Avast but later decided to uninstall it. After I ran the uninstaller, I noticed some files remained in C:/Windows/WinSxS, and I couldn't delete them. I tried IoBit and changing the ownership of the file but it still will not...
  4. How to Uninstall Avast?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Uninstall Avast?: I can not uninstall avast free antivirus software [Original Title: unsalling] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-avast/068290b9-8558-4e42-9067-8c1cb2809174
  5. Is Avast a safe Antivirus?

Is Avast a safe Antivirus?: I recently found a free antivirus software called Avast. I'm just wondering if it is safe to install and if it is worth it. If you can, please answer ASAP. My McAfee is running out. I have seen other users encounter BSoD(STOP) errors and viruses that made its way onto the...
  6. How drive "AVAST Free Antivirus"

How drive "AVAST Free Antivirus": Hello All: Somehow a software named "Avast Free Antivirus" intruded into my w10. I go to Control Panel/Programms/Uninstall to Uninstall it BUT failed!! How can I drive it out of my pc? --- Zhao...
  7. Avast antivirus solution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Avast antivirus solution: How Can I Fix Avast Antivirus Error 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avast-antivirus-solution/9cef230e-4f8d-45ca-ab3e-dc847220bc28
  8. Avast and SyncBack Free

Avast and SyncBack Free: Upgraded to Windows 10 on all of my systems (desktop, laptop, tablet) and have been using Avast Free as my antivirus software. No problem until today (9/16/2015) when Avast reported SyncBack Free as Malware and moved it to quarantine. Downloaded most recent version from...
  9. Avast Antivirus Problem

Avast Antivirus Problem: Hi, I have a desktop PC and recently installed windows10 OS Then when that was up and running I went to install an antivirus. I wasn't aware that Windows Defender was part of the package and so I went to look for an antivirus program. I like Chome browser and read that...
  10. Can't boot to Windows 10 after uninstalling Avast antivirus.

Can't boot to Windows 10 after uninstalling Avast antivirus.: Hi i uninstalled avast free after noticing it run worse on windows 10. After I removed it via control panel I let my computer reboot. It was unable to boot and i got caught in a "Automatic Repair Restart Loop" I went to the Advanced options in recovery options but unable...