Windows 10: uninstall avast free antivirus

Discus and support uninstall avast free antivirus in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have windows 10. I recently uninstalled avast free antivirus. When I looked at windows defender firewall it stated it was under the control of avast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamHooper2, Jun 4, 2019.

1. uninstall avast free antivirus

I have windows 10.

I recently uninstalled avast free antivirus. When I looked at windows defender firewall it stated it was under the control of avast and could not be activated.

I done a search on C: and found many avast files remaining.

I have used the avast removal tool and was unsuccessful. I tried to get some ifo off their website but all they say is use the removal tool.

Their is no avast app on my computer.

:)

WilliamHooper2, Jun 4, 2019

2. Avast Antivirus

Hi,

Stop Avast and then uninstall it in Programs and Features - then run the

Avast Uninstall Utility.

Contact Avast Support and their forums.

Avast - Support

http://www.avast.com/support

Avast - Forums

Avast WEBforum - Index

Avast - Uninstall Utility

http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

List of anti-malware program cleanup/uninstall tools

List of anti-malware product removal tools

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
    !

SpiritX MS MVP, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Avast Antivirus

If you've previously encountered issues with Malwarebytes then you may want to avoid using it.

If Avast and Adwcleaner find no malware issues then you may have eliminated any problems though the use of "Torrents" may expose your computer to additional risks.

Other scanners that may help with malware issues are listed at

List
    of Malware Removal Tools

Good luck...

Le Boule, Jun 4, 2019
  4. jgm756 Win User

uninstall avast free antivirus

Avast Antivirus

I had exactly the same problem and AVAST antivirus was the cause.

Once AVAST was uninstalled, Windows 10 worked great.

now I need to determine which antivirus is best for Windows 10!

jgm756, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

uninstall avast free antivirus

1. uninstall avast free antivirus - Similar Threads - uninstall avast free

2. How do i uninstall Avast free.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i uninstall Avast free.: Tried to download Avast Free, download stopped at 45% then tried to uninstall but would not, used Avast clear tool would not load. Number of programs now not working youtube videos, recovery and others. Had notification come up from Avast repair installation but then says...
  3. How do i uninstall Avast free.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i uninstall Avast free.: Tried to download Avast Free, download stopped at 45% then tried to uninstall but would not, used Avast clear tool would not load. Number of programs now not working youtube videos, recovery and others. Had notification come up from Avast repair installation but then says...
  4. How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus Completely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus Completely: Can anyone help me in uninstalling avast antivirus completely? I tried to uninstall it through device manager but it is not uninstalled completely. Need permanent solution of it. Thank You in advance....
  5. Avast Free Antivirus Registry Delete Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Avast Free Antivirus Registry Delete Problem: Hi, I just uninstall Avast Free Antivirus. After uninstall, I found a key written 'Avast Software' in the Registry Editor. I had tried a few times to remove the key but it failed. So, can someone help to figure out a way to remove the key? Thanks....
  6. How to remove malware with Avast free antivirus!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove malware with Avast free antivirus!: So first download Avast free antivirus and the download link is in the bottom of the discussion and then you can get started and then when the setup is done and then you can run your first scan and then if the malware is not gone run a full computer scan and if the malware is...
  7. avast antivirus clear uninstall

avast antivirus clear uninstall: Every time i turn my pc on it ask me to choose a operating system how do i remove the avast antivirus clear uninstall option?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/avast-antivirus-clear-uninstall/00443096-023a-4461-8097-fd439d7dea41
  8. Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program?

Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program?: I recently heard about the Avast scandal. Avast allegedly sold millions of user data. I'm not sure if this is true, but to be on the safe side, I decided to uninstall it. Do you know any good alternatives?...
  9. Uninstalling Avast Antivirus files in C:/Windows/WinSxS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling Avast Antivirus files in C:/Windows/WinSxS: Recently I downloaded an antivirus software called Avast but later decided to uninstall it. After I ran the uninstaller, I noticed some files remained in C:/Windows/WinSxS, and I couldn't delete them. I tried IoBit and changing the ownership of the file but it still will not...
  10. How drive "AVAST Free Antivirus"

How drive "AVAST Free Antivirus": Hello All: Somehow a software named "Avast Free Antivirus" intruded into my w10. I go to Control Panel/Programms/Uninstall to Uninstall it BUT failed!! How can I drive it out of my pc? --- Zhao...