Windows 10: Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version

Discus and support Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can someone please help? I downloaded the free version of AVG Antivirus Free version a while ago and have since uninstalled it but I keep getting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AJ201004, Sep 4, 2019.

1. AJ201004 Win User

Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version

Can someone please help? I downloaded the free version of AVG Antivirus Free version a while ago and have since uninstalled it but I keep getting the message regarding Windows Update saying that I need to uninstall that programme as it is preventing the update from being installed. I have been having this problem for a while now and I did try to get rid all the (presumably) hidden components with AVG Clear but still cannot continue with the update? Any idea how I can sort this out? Your help would be appreciated.

Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version 40037eb0-069c-4fc5-bff0-de0881bd09a3?upload=true.jpg

:)

AJ201004, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Motim Win User

Uninstalling AVG antivirus trouble-maker

Hello,
    Finally have decided to remove AVG antivirus software, too many troubles recently (posted to you my story this week).
    But first I have some questions:
    1. Uninstall from control panel
    2. Uninstall with CCleaner.
    3. Uninstall using AVG remover tool (AVG_Remover.exe), have it downloaded.
    After uninstalling, will win defender start ? now it is 'on' but not operating (Grayed), have also microsoft 'malware removal tool' installed in the past and update it each time by checking ms for new version.
    To clean traces of this AVG from the registry, use CCleaner or manually.
    And after all this operation:
    A. Make full (macrium) backup ?
    Then I plan to install 'bitdefender'
    Please be patient for too many questions.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Motim, Sep 4, 2019
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    Uninstalling AVG antivirus trouble-maker

No need to rummage around using file explorer ....that is really lame.
    Use the free program Everything Search, it will find any trace of AVG just by typing in what your looking for. (AVG)
    One of the best search programs around...Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version :) I suggest to choose the BETA version....Runs great.
    voidtools

OldMike65, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

AVG Antivirus For free (Help)

Hi Guys.
    Been honest i never used a Free Antivirus Version but a few months ago I downloaded AVG Free Version and now it has expired then I downloaded once again AVG Free Version but it will expire in a few days, can someone tell me where to find a Free version that won't expire.

Cheers.

Knoxx29, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version - Similar Threads - Uninstall AVG Antivirus

2. Uninstall AVG Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus: If I uninstall AVG antivirus while in older Windows version like Windows 7, 8 etc, is firewall still on and unsupported microsoft defender enabled back automatically?...
  3. How to Uninstall an uninvited AVG Browser; Requested AVG Antivirus.

How to Uninstall an uninvited AVG Browser; Requested AVG Antivirus.: Long ago in the days of UK Pub Space Invaders. About 1981 or 2; I started using Microsoft O.S. V.3.1,or 2. with a Qume Sprint 5 Daisy Wheel Printer with a KSR Keyboard; An 80 column 32K computer; 5 inch twin disk drives and software costing the Price of a House. All up in the...
  4. Removing antivirus such as AVG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing antivirus such as AVG: How do you remove AVG antivirusand stop their annoying pop-up ads? There was a tempting free trial offer to try AVG antivirus; only one of dozens on the market available to download. I was unsatisfied generally and now need to uninstall and remove it completely, mainly...
  5. how to uninstall free version of avg antiviris

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to uninstall free version of avg antiviris: it won't work the way it told me to do it. trying to update windows 10 and it is not campatable so tried to uninstall and it won't do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-free-version-of-avg-antiviris/6f1a37a9-63f3-4fdd-9b2b-c347bb5ca845
  6. AVG antivirus

AVG antivirus: How do i delete AVG free antivirus and use Windows Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avg-antivirus/56a2cde5-8281-44d6-8b52-59b691cb882d"
  7. uninstall avast free antivirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall avast free antivirus: I have windows 10. I recently uninstalled avast free antivirus. When I looked at windows defender firewall it stated it was under the control of avast and could not be activated. I done a search on C: and found many avast files remaining. I have used the avast removal tool...
  8. Uninstalling AVG Free

Uninstalling AVG Free: This is causing big headache, as what ever I try I am meeting with error oxC0070643. Has anyone had a similar experience, and hoe did they solve it, please? I know I can go to their support, but before that I'd like to hear what others did. Sometimes it can be less tortuous....
  9. Inappropriate behavior of AVG Antivirus

Inappropriate behavior of AVG Antivirus: Hello Forum, I would like to share with you about AVG antivirus which is installed on my pc. When I turn on my pc, first thing is to update the virus definitions in avg, make some scan, then start doing whatever. Last week while reading something in the internet, suddenly...
  10. Uninstalling AVG antivirus trouble-maker

Uninstalling AVG antivirus trouble-maker: Hello, Finally have decided to remove AVG antivirus software, too many troubles recently (posted to you my story this week). But first I have some questions: 1. Uninstall from control panel 2. Uninstall with CCleaner. 3. Uninstall using AVG remover tool...