Windows 10: Uninstall AVG Antivirus

Discus and support Uninstall AVG Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If I uninstall AVG antivirus while in older Windows version like Windows 7, 8 etc, is firewall still on and unsupported microsoft defender enabled back... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EstherEmily, Jun 12, 2022.

1. Uninstall AVG Antivirus

If I uninstall AVG antivirus while in older Windows version like Windows 7, 8 etc, is firewall still on and unsupported microsoft defender enabled back automatically?

:)

EstherEmily, Jun 12, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

How to Uninstall an uninvited AVG Browser; Requested AVG Antivirus.

Hi, here's a guide:
    How to completely uninstall AVG antivirus with AVG Clear & AVG Remover

- includes a removal tool. There is the normal means of uninstalling programs of course as well.

In general if you search (Google) for
    <product name> manual uninstall

you find the AV's removal tool.

I normally use Geek Uninstaller (free) for other than security software- this quickly lists all uninstallable programs with a search feature.. then runs the standard uninstaller for the program, then a scan for leftovers.

dalchina, Jun 12, 2022
  3. How to Uninstall an uninvited AVG Browser; Requested AVG Antivirus.

After recently performing some cleaning using Revo Uninstaller I was reminded of a few tidbits that may help others.
    If Revo is leaving registry souvenirs behind, there are a couple of options to explore.
    During the uninstall process with Revo, there are 3 different modes. Safe, Moderate and Advanced.
    Sometimes Moderate will get the job done or if not, try switching to Advanced.

Uninstall AVG Antivirus [​IMG]

Another consideration while using Revo or Geek uninstallers is that sometimes I find the uninstalling process is best completed while using Windows Safe Mode. Be aware that 'Revo Safe scanning mode' likely won't function in Windows Safe Mode where-as using the Moderate or Advanced setting will get the job done.

Other settings to consider while using Revo.

If you have any questions about using Revo or Geek uninstallers, just ask. There are many members here with significant experience using these apps and we can all learn more. *Smile

W10 Tweaker, Jun 12, 2022
  4. pericles Win User

Uninstall AVG Antivirus

pericles, Jun 12, 2022
Thema:

Uninstall AVG Antivirus

1. Uninstall AVG Antivirus - Similar Threads - Uninstall AVG Antivirus

2. AVG Antivirus Has My Computer Security And I Cannot Change It, including AVG Uninstaller.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG Antivirus Has My Computer Security And I Cannot Change It, including AVG Uninstaller.: My Windows 10 Services have three AVG Services I'm denied access to. Windows Defender has no service. I cannot disable AVG Antivirus from loading at startup. I cannot disable it in Windows Settings. I cannot change most file permissions. Third-party uninstallers detect...
  3. How to Uninstall an uninvited AVG Browser; Requested AVG Antivirus.

How to Uninstall an uninvited AVG Browser; Requested AVG Antivirus.: Long ago in the days of UK Pub Space Invaders. About 1981 or 2; I started using Microsoft O.S. V.3.1,or 2. with a Qume Sprint 5 Daisy Wheel Printer with a KSR Keyboard; An 80 column 32K computer; 5 inch twin disk drives and software costing the Price of a House. All up in the...
  4. Removing antivirus such as AVG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing antivirus such as AVG: How do you remove AVG antivirusand stop their annoying pop-up ads? There was a tempting free trial offer to try AVG antivirus; only one of dozens on the market available to download. I was unsatisfied generally and now need to uninstall and remove it completely, mainly...
  5. AVG antivirus

AVG antivirus: How do i delete AVG free antivirus and use Windows Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avg-antivirus/56a2cde5-8281-44d6-8b52-59b691cb882d"
  6. help remove avg antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    help remove avg antivirus: I am trying to update latest windows update but am told to remove avg antivirus . cant find this anywhere in programs or files. any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-remove-avg-antivirus/14555811-bdb7-480e-b3c3-7a3026d5d305
  7. Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version: Can someone please help? I downloaded the free version of AVG Antivirus Free version a while ago and have since uninstalled it but I keep getting the message regarding Windows Update saying that I need to uninstall that programme as it is preventing the update from being...
  8. Unable to remove AVG Antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove AVG Antivirus: I have a problem with AVG antivirus; in fact I think avg is a terrible virus itself. It is in my computer and I can’t get it out. Can some help get rid of that * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: I have a problem with AVG antivirus; in fact I...
  9. Inappropriate behavior of AVG Antivirus

Inappropriate behavior of AVG Antivirus: Hello Forum, I would like to share with you about AVG antivirus which is installed on my pc. When I turn on my pc, first thing is to update the virus definitions in avg, make some scan, then start doing whatever. Last week while reading something in the internet, suddenly...
  10. Uninstalling AVG antivirus trouble-maker

Uninstalling AVG antivirus trouble-maker: Hello, Finally have decided to remove AVG antivirus software, too many troubles recently (posted to you my story this week). But first I have some questions: 1. Uninstall from control panel 2. Uninstall with CCleaner. 3. Uninstall using AVG remover tool...