Windows 10: Uninstall Bonjour service

Discus and support Uninstall Bonjour service in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I uninstall it? I dont see it in my Programs, I cant find Bonjour folder. All I see is a running service. Thanks 103745 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zolotoy, Feb 4, 2018.

1. zolotoy Win User

Uninstall Bonjour service

How do I uninstall it? I dont see it in my Programs, I cant find Bonjour folder. All I see is a running service.

Thanks

:)

zolotoy, Feb 4, 2018
  2. JRG™ Win User

Delete Bonjour from my computer

Hi
    Danichinguu,

Bonjour is not a Microsoft service, it's from Apple. If you really wish to uninstall bonjour, you can try using a program removal app, try using REVO Uninstaller. It will uninstall everything associated with bonjour.

JRG™, Feb 4, 2018
  3. iTunes stopped working

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

To enable the Bonjour service in Windows 10, you can
    uninstall and reinstall iTunes or follow: Right-click This PC and select Manage > Select Services and Applications > Services > Double-click the Bonjour service, set the Startup type to Automatic > Apply > Reopen iTunes to see if problem
    solved.

Please reply with the results, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 4, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Remove Bonjour from Windows

Firstly, if you have any Apple software installed on your computer such as iTunes there’s a high likelihood that there’s already a Bonjour folder residing under ‘Program Files’ section. On most occasions, the service starts automatically and runs a process named mDNSResponder.exe which cannot be killed by Windows Task Manager.
    You will, in most cases, be able to uninstall the program via Control Panel – but in some cases, this may fail! Hence, a safe method described here to uninstall and remove the Bonjour service and files – mDNSResponder.exe and mdnsNSP.dll.
    Press Win + R keyboard keys in combination, to bring up the ‘Run’ dialog box. Next, type the following command and hit OK. Alternatively open an elevated CMD and do it.
    "%PROGRAMFILES%\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe" -remove To unregister the dll file, open a command prompt window, as an administrator, type the following and hit Enter.
    regsvr32 /u "%PROGRAMFILES%\Bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll" Restart your computer, go to C:\Program Files\ and delete the Bonjour folder.

Samuria, Feb 4, 2018
  5. lx07 Win User
    Would be easier to just uninstall iTunes.

lx07, Feb 4, 2018
  6. zolotoy Win User
    PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Xamarin\Bonjour> mDNSResponder.exe -removemDNSResponder.exe : The term 'mDNSResponder.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, oroperable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and tryagain.At line:1 char:1+ mDNSResponder.exe -remove+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (mDNSResponder.exe:String) [], CommandNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Uninstall Bonjour service [​IMG]

zolotoy, Feb 4, 2018
  7. Try uninstalling Bonjour from Control Panel --> Programs and Features. This should remove the Bonjour service if it does not then execute below command from Command Prompt open as a administrator.

Code: Sc delete "Bonjour Service"[/quote] You might need to restart your computer.

FreeBooter, Feb 4, 2018
  8. zolotoy Win User

Like I said it's not in Programs and Features.

zolotoy, Feb 4, 2018
  9. bookfox Win User
    Just an FYI, bonjour also comes included with some printer drivers. HP printers, for sure. Something to do with discovery of the printer on the network during the driver installations.

bookfox, Feb 4, 2018
  10. zolotoy Win User
    I only have Brothers printer that I have for a long time. Bonjour starts crashing pretty recently.

zolotoy, Feb 4, 2018
  11. Bonjour Printer Wizard creates "\Program Files\Bonjour Print Services" folder and creates a shortcut on the Desktop.

If you want to delete the Bonjour Service then execute the Sc command i have write down for you in my post #6.

FreeBooter, Feb 4, 2018
  12. zolotoy Win User
    Am I running "delete "Bonjour Service"" from the command line?

zolotoy, Feb 4, 2018
  13. Uninstall Bonjour service

Please open the Command Prompt by typing cmd.exe into Start Menu, right-click on Cmd.exe, and open it as an administrator.

Execute below command.

Code: Sc delete "Bonjour Service"[/quote] You might need to restart your computer.

FreeBooter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Uninstall Bonjour service - Similar Threads - Uninstall Bonjour service

2. Bonjour,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bonjour,: Hello,I am using a MSI Modern 15 laptop with Windows 10. I experience Blue Screen of Death BSoD with the "BAD POOL CALLER" Message. I also experienced IRQL_NOTE_LESS_OR_EQUAL or KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION messages but less frequently.The laptop restarts perfectly after the...
  3. Bonjour,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bonjour,: Les spams et arnaques sont légion dans la messagerie Outlook et apportent agacement et pertes de temps. Le blocage n'est pas un vrai blocage vu les répétitions. Il serait nécessaire de pouvoir bloquer une bonne fois et de supprimer ces arnaques définitivement par Microsoft....
  4. Services: Windows could not start the Bonjour Service service on Local Computer - Error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Services: Windows could not start the Bonjour Service service on Local Computer - Error...: Hello.I am trying to get a musical device to sync up with Windows 10 via USB to perform an update. The update app requires Bonjour Service to work. I am unable to sync my device to my PC. I looked in my services at Bonjour and it looks like Bonjour is not started. Clicking on...
  5. Services: Windows could not start the Bonjour Service service on Local Computer - Error...

Services: Windows could not start the Bonjour Service service on Local Computer - Error...: Hello.I am trying to get a musical device to sync up with Windows 10 via USB to perform an update. The update app requires Bonjour Service to work. I am unable to sync my device to my PC. I looked in my services at Bonjour and it looks like Bonjour is not started. Clicking on...
  6. Services: Windows could not start the Bonjour Service service on Local Computer - Error...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bonjour App not uninstalling or repairing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bonjour App not uninstalling or repairing: The Bonjour program is part of Windows installer Package on my computer. I would like to uninstall or repair it, but I get a message stating " A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor." I need help getting...
  8. Bonjour App not uninstalling or repairing

Bonjour App not uninstalling or repairing: The Bonjour program is part of Windows installer Package on my computer. I would like to uninstall or repair it, but I get a message stating " A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor." I need help getting...
  9. Bonjour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bonjour: I noticed an application on my Windows 10 called Bonjour. It claims to be an Apple program and I wonder How did it get installed? Do I need it and should I delete it or not? It does not show up in the Microsoft Store but it does show up as running in the task list. I...
  10. Apple Bonjour service crashes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apple Bonjour service crashes: Application log reveals an error ERROR: handle_resolve_request bad interfaceIndex 24 I have removed all the Apple components in the apple recommended order and reinstalled. As a result I cannot sync music to any of my iphones. Any suggestions? submitted by /u/hlwNYC...