Windows 10: uninstall chromium browser

Discus and support uninstall chromium browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I don't know how I got this program in the first place and now I don't know how to remove it. 1. tried to uninstall using the normal method using the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jacrien, Aug 11, 2016.

1. jacrien Win User

uninstall chromium browser

I don't know how I got this program in the first place and now I don't know how to remove it.
    1. tried to uninstall using the normal method using the list in the control panel. no luck
    2. Used the free malwarebytes program this put a couple of chromium files in the virus vault but did not close the program.
    The desktop short cut is still on the desktop.
    Now I haven't a clue what to do next to remove this intruder, as anyone any idea?

jack

:)

jacrien, Aug 11, 2016
  2. ConiGL Win User

lately i noticed bytefence anti malwar on my pc and it wants me to click scan. but i wont do it. i didnt download it but the icon is there does that mean i did? what should i do?

Chromium browser is not a part of Windows. You can uninstall Chromium (you said something about chromium) through the apps and features (right click window on left side of taskbar and at the top is apps and features. Click to open) or through old control
    panel if not listed in apps and features. Type or say control panel in cortana .It will be at the top in pink section. Click to open. Open Programs and features to look for chrome or chromium and uninstall it. When you download a program it will sometimes
    include freeloaders. When installing be sure to look to see if it is installing other software on your computer and uncheck the boxes for the other software. Malwarebytes should be sufficient to clean up after chromium removal. The mention quite a few programs
    on the uninstall directions but I don't think yu will need them all.

Check this article below.

Uninstall Chromium that was installed with other software.

How to remove Unwanted Chromium Browsers

another instruction

Rogue Chromium Browsers

ConiGL, Aug 11, 2016
  3. How can I remove an extra Google Chrome Icon on Windows 10?

Chromium is the open-source web browser project from which Google Chrome draws its source code. The browsers share the majority of code and features, though there are some minor differences in features and they have different
    licensing.

Chromium (web browser) - Wikipedia

Chromium vs Google Chrome - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

So, to uninstall Chromium, right-click Start, click Programs and Features. Uninstall Chromium from there.

If it's not listed and you're running it portable (without installation), then manually delete the Chromium program directory. To find the Chromium program location, right-click the Pinned Chromium icon, and click Properties. It shows the location.

Once the program is removed, simply Unpin Chromium from the Taskbar.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 11, 2016
  5. jacrien Win User
    Thanks for your reply but it is CHROMIUM I want to uninstall not google chrome

jacrien, Aug 11, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. uninstall chromium browser - Similar Threads - uninstall chromium browser

2. Chromium Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chromium Browser: When I turn on my pc, Chromium browser automatically opens. I don't liking it. How can I stop this irritating behavior of chromium? [NOTE: Once, I turned off the background running of chromium but nothing changed]...
  3. How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser is probably the best browser that might now keep in mind that it offers all the features that Chrome has to […] This article How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Can't uninstall Chromium.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't uninstall Chromium.: I can't uninstall Chromium. It randomly got installed and has been super annoying. I've tried to use the control panel to uninstall, but it isn't coming up in the list of programs. What can I do? submitted by /u/lloopiN [link] [comments]...
  5. chromium browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    chromium browser: i have uninstalled it its not showing in program list. Also in Appdata/local there is no chromium folder tried malware bytes and cc cleaner . no where its listing but while using open with for some pdf files its listing there how can i remove chromium from that...
  6. Uninstalling Chromium

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalling Chromium: So, Chromium was added to my laptop somehow, and I thought I could just delete it in Settings, but it won't delete. Everytime I try to delete it, it opens up and I get a message saying, "Please close all Chromium windows and try again." This happens everytime, so I can't...
  7. Chromium Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium Edge browser?: When will Chromium Edge be rolling out to general users? Will Chromium Edge be preinstalled on future releases of Windows 10? Read several reviews on this new Edge and looks promising. Just don’t want to keep installing Chrome every time I install Windows. So really my...
  8. Is Chromium Browser safe?

Is Chromium Browser safe?: I need help with my icons on my menu and help with my browser! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-chromium-browser-safe/6f3fe5f8-1b21-4b9a-a7a6-bf7ba757aebe
  9. Chromium won't uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chromium won't uninstall: Whenever I restart my computer chromium opens up but when I try to uninstall it all it says is "folder is in use". I've tried the folder, control panel, and many other things but it always says the same thing. I don't know if this is a virus or something but I know this...
  10. Chromium Browser

Chromium Browser: Why am I getting periodically an obnoxious pop up program that tries to get me to install a browser called Chromium? Can I stop this somehow?...