Windows 10: Uninstall / disable Microsoft Raw Codec Support

Discus and support Uninstall / disable Microsoft Raw Codec Support in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I find the MS Raw codec files support to slow down folder browsing in folders with many raw camera files and want to know how I disable or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SteenKnarberg, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Uninstall / disable Microsoft Raw Codec Support

Hi!

I find the MS Raw codec files support to slow down folder browsing in folders with many raw camera files and want to know how I disable or uninstall Microsoft Camera Codec pack for Windows 10. I have googled for hours but can't find anything about this apart from suggestions altering the Registry. I think Microsoft should release an uninstall option for this.

Kind regards

Steen

:)

SteenKnarberg, Jan 5, 2020
  2. Bore07tm Win User

Microsoft Codec Support for RW2 RAW Files

I would like to know if there is a Microsoft Camera Codec Pack that is compatible with Windows 8.1 , and allows the viewing of RW2 RAW images taken on a Panasonic Lumix GX8 Camera?

Bore07tm, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Microsoft Codec Support for RW2 RAW Files

Microsoft isn't responsible for that codec. You can get the codec with their software like Digital Photo Pro. There are other options like FastStone Image viewer and others. Of course if you want to produce images from the RAW files you will need a lossless
    editor like OnOne, CaptureOne, of Lightroom.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Uninstall / disable Microsoft Raw Codec Support

Microsoft Codec Support for RW2 RAW Files

I missed the part where you are running Windows 8.1. Since you are still on that release, you could install the Microsoft Codec Pack, which should give you the ability to natively view RAW files.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Uninstall / disable Microsoft Raw Codec Support

1. Uninstall / disable Microsoft Raw Codec Support - Similar Threads - Uninstall disable Microsoft

2. Disable alert on RAW images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable alert on RAW images: The "RAW Image Extension" from the Microsoft Store is unusable for viewing my Sony .ARW photos auto-rotates and colors them. I searched the forum and found that this is a common problem with no solution, so I uninstalled the extension and downloaded a different RAW codec...
  3. Disable alert on RAW images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable alert on RAW images: The "RAW Image Extension" from the Microsoft Store is unusable for viewing my Sony .ARW photos auto-rotates and colors them. I searched the forum and found that this is a common problem with no solution, so I uninstalled the extension and downloaded a different RAW codec...
  4. Disable alert on RAW images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth support for AAC codec

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth support for AAC codec: Hi, many bluetooth headsets now offer either APT-X or AAC codec, in addition to the standard SBC. Windows 10 natively supports SBC and APT-X, but I wasn't able to find definitive information about AAC. I have tried pairing an AAC-enabled headset and checking the codec with...
  6. A7iii raw file support

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A7iii raw file support: I have had a reply from Microsoft Support saying to raise this ticket again if not resolved the old No. is 1455282724 But I will recap when is Windows 10 going to support Sony A7iii raw files or why is Windows 10 not going to support Sony A7iii raw files by support I mean...
  7. Camera Raw Codec download - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Camera Raw Codec download - Windows 10: Why is it so hard to let camera raw codec and photo viewer run on this POS windows 10, Nobody wants your new viewer, no its not better. This has been an ongoing issue and Microsoft refuses to comment as to why their previous versions did what we wanted and that we want back...
  8. Camera Raw Codec

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera Raw Codec: Why is it so hard to let camera raw codec and photo viewer run on this POS windows 10, Nobody wants your new viewer, no its not better. This has been an ongoing issue and Microsoft refuses to comment as to why their previous versions did what we wanted and that we want back...
  9. Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Google Chrome AOMedia Video 1 (AV1) is an open, royalty-free video coding format designed for video transmissions over the Internet. It is being...
  10. Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox How to Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox AOMedia Video 1 (AV1) is an open, royalty-free video coding format designed for video transmissions over the Internet. It is being developed by the...