Windows 10: Uninstall Edge UPDATE, not the Programme

Discus and support Uninstall Edge UPDATE, not the Programme in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have read this thread. I want to uninstall the Edge update that automatically installed last night. I do NOT want to uninstall EDGE. My current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CCIV-CDXXXI, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Uninstall Edge UPDATE, not the Programme

I have read this thread. I want to uninstall the Edge update that automatically installed last night. I do NOT want to uninstall EDGE. My current version with this update is 81.0.416.81 64 bit.

All my Favourites have reverted to a list I haven't used since the Internet Explorer days a long time ago.

I want to uninstall this Edge Chromium update, and restore my the functionality of what some describe as "Edge Legacy." This is especially important because it took years to produce my Favourites, which are now gone. There are other features to this update that are cumbersome and a waste of time.

Until this problem is eliminated, I feel that Microsoft has been abusive and disrespectful. Microsoft NEVER alerted me to the havoc they would cause to my computer with this "update."

:)

CCIV-CDXXXI, Jun 20, 2020
  2. Billt4G Win User

Uninstalled programmes

Is there any way to list recently uninstalled programmes?

I'm using Windows 10 Home 1709

Billt4G, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Control Panel uninstall a programme

Turboyourpc is not listed when I try to use the control panel to uninstall programmes.

It is listed in all apps but right button click and selecting uninstall does not seem to work.

Any advice gratefully received

PeterMooreBSD, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Uninstall Edge UPDATE, not the Programme

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Uninstall Edge UPDATE, not the Programme

1. Uninstall Edge UPDATE, not the Programme - Similar Threads - Uninstall Edge UPDATE

2. Uninstall microsoft edge update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall microsoft edge update: I used to be a big fan of Microsoft Edge and it was my go-to browser. However, I'm disappointed with the recent update. They've removed useful features like "Define" and added unnecessary ones like Ask Co-Pilot when right-clicking after selecting text. We already have...
  3. Uninstall microsoft edge update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall microsoft edge update: I used to be a big fan of Microsoft Edge and it was my go-to browser. However, I'm disappointed with the recent update. They've removed useful features like "Define" and added unnecessary ones like Ask Co-Pilot when right-clicking after selecting text. We already have...
  4. Uninstall microsoft edge update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Programm does not disappear after uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programm does not disappear after uninstall: I recently installed MikTex 2.9 on my pc, but since I use another app, I decided to uninstall it.Despite I uninstalled "successfully" the program it is still there in the program list. If I try to uninstall it again it gives me an error. Appears the MikTex console and asks me...
  6. Restoring data lost with uninstalled programme

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restoring data lost with uninstalled programme: Hi there, due to some safety concerns I wanted to see if it was possible to recover using onedrive or so on to restore concent to do with uninstalled programmes mainly data relating to an opera uninstall, in which the delete personal data option was selected from February...
  7. Uninstall Microsoft Edge Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall Microsoft Edge Update: My Laptop got updated with Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 on 2020/07/04. The website which I administer is not compatible with Microsoft Edge. I want to go back to the previous version of Microsoft Internet Explorer, but it does not allow it. According...
  8. Uninstalling Edge and Edge Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstalling Edge and Edge Update: Just got an update and it re-installed Edge on my PC. Not only that it uninstalled Chrome. Raided Chrome for all my links and passwords. I hate any Microsoft browser. They suck. How can I uninstall this crappy Edge ? Tried going through Apps and the Uninstall button is grayed...
  9. uninstall programmes/software/ apps etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall programmes/software/ apps etc: I am endeavouring to uninstall unwanted programmes etc from my laptop. I follow the instructions on PROGRAMS AND FEATURES - UNINSTALL OR CHANGE A PROGRAMME. All goes well I hit the uninstall button when up pops a message saying ' Please wait until the current program has...
  10. Edge Uninstall?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Uninstall?: Hi All, I was wondering if there is a way to uninstall Edge without breaking W 10. I have been able to uninstall some things that I don't use, like IE 11, the new Media Player. 10696