Windows 10: Uninstall hidden “Network Adapters” from Device Manager using PowerShell script

Discus and support Uninstall hidden “Network Adapters” from Device Manager using PowerShell script in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Steps: Open Device Manager from Control Panel Select “Show hidden devices” from View menu Expand “Network adapters” Find hidden adapters Manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShridharKusurkar, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Uninstall hidden “Network Adapters” from Device Manager using PowerShell script

Steps:

1. Open Device Manager from Control Panel
    2. Select “Show hidden devices” from View menu
    3. Expand “Network adapters”
    4. Find hidden adapters

Manually these hidden adapters can be uninstall by below steps

1. Right click on hidden adapter
    2. Click on uninstall.
    3. Click on Ok button.

How to uninstall these adapters using PowerShell script?

$Devs = Get-PnpDevice -Class net |
    ?
    Status -eq Unknown |
    Select FriendlyName, InstanceId

foreach ($Dev
    in $Devs) {
    Write-Host "Removing $($Dev.FriendlyName)" -ForegroundColor Cyan
    $RemoveKey =
    "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\$($Dev.InstanceId)"
    Get-Item $RemoveKey |
    Select-Object -ExpandProperty Property |
    %{
    Remove-ItemProperty -Path $RemoveKey -Name $_ -Verbose }
    }
    Write-Host "Done. Please restart!" -ForegroundColor Green

I have Administrator access still, this code throws error - Remove-ItemProperty : Requested registry access is not allowed.

:)

ShridharKusurkar, Sep 6, 2019
  2. jwblue Win User

Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

I ran the Lenovo Solution Center. Network Adapter was not listed in the hardware scanned. Not sure if there is a separate listing for that normally or not.

Ever since I ran a power cycle the adapter has not appeared in the Device Manager.

Does anyone believe removing the adapter and putting it back would solve the issue? I would rather not open my computer if there is little chance of it solving the issue. I am a complete novice doing this.

Not sure if this is relevant but in my Network Adapter in Device Manager there was "Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter". It has since disappeared.

jwblue, Sep 6, 2019
  3. jwblue Win User
    Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

Thank you for the help.

Ok. I was able to uninstall the Intel driver and uninstall the Lenovo Driver. Still not working.

I feel I should give a brief but full progression of the issue. It is a little bizarre.

• Initially in the network connection icon in the Windows taskbar there was a red X. In Device Manager on the icon for the adapter there was an exclamation point. What is weird is in Network and Internet Settings t the adapter was not there. Usually if it appears in Device Manager it also appears in the Network and Internet Settings in the same manner as in Device Manager. It might be a clue as to what is going on.

• After the Power Cycle there was a change in Device Manager. This seems bizarre. Initially the adapter did not appear. Then I selected "Show Hidden Devices" and it appeared but was dimmed. Then I am not sure how but it disappeared and another adapter showed. I do not remember the full name of the adapter. It was "Microsoft ______ Adapter". Then that disappeared. I do not recall the middle word but think it began with T. It is a word I have never seen. I believe it was something like "Targon".

Even though the Troubleshooter indicated it was a hardware issue I still believe it is a Windows issue.

jwblue, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Uninstall hidden “Network Adapters” from Device Manager using PowerShell script

Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver uninstalled

The other day I went to start up my VPN Virtual AP for my Chromecast and iPad to connect to via my Windows 10 Machine using the following commands (have done this several times before and it has worked fine):
    netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NETWORKNAME key=PASSWORD
    netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    But to my nasty surprise, I was responded with:
    The hosted network couldn’t be started.
    The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.
    Now I've looked everywhere online for a solution to my problem here. The underlying issue appears to be that my Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver is missing in Device Manager (when showing hidden drivers). This appears to be a result of an update to my WLAN Adapter (Will list spec at end). Here are the following things I have tried:

1. Looked for Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver in Device Manager as a Hidden device - Not there.
    2. Disabled WLAN Adapter and Enabled to refresh drivers
    3. Scanned for Hardware changed in DM
    4. Tried rolling back WLAN Adapter to oldest version - 09/2015
    5. Updated WLAN Adapter to latest version - 23/08/2016
    6. Searched the Lenovo website for their default WLAN Adapter driver, downloaded and installed - but was the same one I had as my updated version
    7. Looked for older editions of the adapter, but they either installed but didn't have the Network Hosted Virtual Adapter, or weren't compatible with my machine.
    8. Restarted my machine after every change made to the network adapters
    9. Uninstalled LAN Adapter and reinstalled.
    What I've read is that some of the new WLAN Adapters have stopped including the Network Hosted Virtual Adapter in their installation package. Not sure how true this is but it would explain the sudden uninstallation of it.
    I think that's pretty much everything. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    Machine Model: Lenovo 100-15IBD
    WLAN Network Driver: Realtek PCI-E Wireless LAN Driver version 2023.37.0616.2016

SemiTechLife, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Uninstall hidden “Network Adapters” from Device Manager using PowerShell script

1. Uninstall hidden “Network Adapters” from Device Manager using PowerShell script - Similar Threads - Uninstall hidden “Network

2. Uninstall Adapter device from Device Manager, the device reinstalls itself again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall Adapter device from Device Manager, the device reinstalls itself again?: Thanks for stopping by ...I have an older Toshiba Satellite Laptop which is running win 11 just fine. All but the screen wants to dim and brighten, dim and brighten. I found when I run it on battery alone, it stops the dim and bright things. Also, I found when I go to Device...
  3. WiFi Adapter disabled or hidden in Device Manager

in Windows 10 News
    WiFi Adapter disabled or hidden in Device Manager: [ATTACH]Some Windows users have complained that the WiFi Adapter is disabled or hidden in Device Manager on their Windows computer. When they launched Device Manager and checked the Network Adapter section, they just couldn’t find the driver. In this article, we will talk...
  4. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager: My Laptop Windows 10 can't connect to wifi can't find wifi option. When I check my wifi adapter in device manager it was missing, then when I click on View>>Show hidden devices. I saw my wifi adapter is disabled and I double click on it. It says "currently this hardware...
  5. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager: My Laptop Windows 10 can't connect to wifi can't find wifi option. When I check my wifi adapter in device manager it was missing, then when I click on View>>Show hidden devices. I saw my wifi adapter is disabled and I double click on it. It says "currently this hardware...
  6. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Internet adapter hidden in device manager

Internet adapter hidden in device manager: I have been trying to fix my internet adapter since it wasnt working and its in hidden devices and when i open it up it gives me this message Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45 To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to...
  8. Wifi drive is hidden in network adapter in device manage

Wifi drive is hidden in network adapter in device manage: Wifi drive is hidden in network adapter in device manage. I had tried updating driver, booting my laptop with window 10 three times but nothing happed. I already getting frustration because of it. Its been a week i got this problem.. I dont kn[ATTACH]ow why is this happening...
  9. Network adapters are missing from device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network adapters are missing from device manager: So I think my personal notebook was left on for a week or two and today when i opened it, there was no network + a few other things. 1) completely no network adapters (i dont use LAN, only wifi) 2) audio driver is installed but not working 3) mouse driver is not installed...
  10. Display adapter not detected, Uninstalled from device Manager

Display adapter not detected, Uninstalled from device Manager: My laptop is not detecting my Nvidia GPU. Everything got worse as soon as I watched a tutorial which made me uninstall the display adapter after I found it in the “Hidden” tab in Device Manager . No trace of the graphic card is to be found now. I have tried so many...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft kernel debug network adapter

2. what is microsoft kernel debug adapter

3. what is microsoft kernel debug network adapter

4. Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter WINDOWS10,
  5. uninstall all hidden devices after p2v powershell