Windows 10: Uninstall HP encryption

Discus and support Uninstall HP encryption in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi - I am trying to do a Windows 10 update and it stalls as I get a message to uninstall HP encryption. I follow the on screen instructions, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelRush1, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Uninstall HP encryption

Hi - I am trying to do a Windows 10 update and it stalls as I get a message to uninstall HP encryption.

I follow the on screen instructions, but it again stops as it displays a message "Error 9998: Hp Client Security Manager 8.x is required.'

On searching manually for the HP Client Security Manager 8.x, I come to the conclusion a copy does not exist on my computer.

I have never removed it knowingly, so assume some update I did it for me.

Where can I find a copy of this file? And give advice as to where and how this is be installed please? I have tried Google, but end up with a plethora of websites that want to charge (eventually) for any downloads - then if I am not sure if I have the right file and how is it to be installed located etc!

Thanks and cheers

Mike Rush

:)

MichaelRush1, Jan 5, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

HP Drive Encryption - request to uninstall

Hi Michael,

That can be hard to remove . . .

Check in the list of Applications for Security Manager 8.3

That also needs to be removed in order to fully remove HP Drive Encryption

If you still canot remove HP Drive Encryption, click the link to download the installer for HP Drive Encryption, run that, it may have a better uninstaller than the one provided in Windows

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp7...

DaveM121, Jan 5, 2019
  3. HP Drive encryption will not uninstall

I am trying to install Windows 10.

The installation process tells me I have to uninstall HP Drive Encryption. When I try to do this I get the following message:

"Disable the Drive Encryption from HP Client Security Manager, before uninstalling the HP Drive Encryption."

The silly thing is the drive is not encrypted. It was but I unencrypted it which took many hours. I also unchecked the Disable Sleep Mode option. Then I rebooted. Still says it needs to be disabled.

I just can't get it to uninstall. I have tried all the uninstall software out there but it makes no difference what I use.

Im using a HP ProBook 450 G1

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

SteveNewZealand, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Uninstall HP encryption

HP Drive Encryption - request to uninstall

Hi Dave - Can't find Security Manager 8.3 and tried to install the installer from your link, but it came back with a message to install HP Client Security Manager first! So guess no client security manager present. So now trying the Control Panel trouble
    shooting... need to reboot.

SO thanks for the tips to date!

MichaelRush1, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Uninstall HP encryption

1. Uninstall HP encryption - Similar Threads - Uninstall encryption

2. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do: I am using an old HP laptop running Windows 10. I have searched and tried everything I’ve found, I cannot get McAfee off my computer. It’s constantly running, taking up memory and disk space, and ending the task in task manager does nothing. My computer is already using...
  3. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...: everything is stuck on pending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-my-xbox-app-on-pc-wasnt-working-so-i/4fa790cc-3195-44eb-9536-9f31bddc21ac
  4. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do: I am using an old HP laptop running Windows 10. I have searched and tried everything I’ve found, I cannot get McAfee off my computer. It’s constantly running, taking up memory and disk space, and ending the task in task manager does nothing. My computer is already using...
  5. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...: everything is stuck on pending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-my-xbox-app-on-pc-wasnt-working-so-i/4fa790cc-3195-44eb-9536-9f31bddc21ac
  6. I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.: I had enabled encryption on one of my drives but now it won't open. When I try to open it, nothing happens. Even in system information, there is no BitLocker drive encryption option and drive encryption support says not supported. I am using Windows 10 Pro Education....
  7. I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.

I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.: I had enabled encryption on one of my drives but now it won't open. When I try to open it, nothing happens. Even in system information, there is no BitLocker drive encryption option and drive encryption support says not supported. I am using Windows 10 Pro Education....
  8. I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. HP Drive Encryption won't uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Drive Encryption won't uninstall: I have a HP Pro Desk 400 that I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 but prompted to uninstall HP Drive Encryption. The installer runs and the green progress bar moves all the way to the right then moves back to the left and Status says "rolling back action". I ran a repair and...
  10. Error: uninstall HP Drive Encryption when upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error: uninstall HP Drive Encryption when upgrading to Windows 10: I am trying to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. When I go through the upgrade process, I am stopped and told I need to uninstall HP Drive Encryption. I have never used this software and my drive is not encrypted. I tried to remove it the traditional way, by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable hp file encryption message when trying to update windows

2. how to remove HP encryption