Windows 10: Uninstall Hyper V failed

Discus and support Uninstall Hyper V failed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi gurus, I am trying to uninstall Hyper V using Optionalfeatures.exe in Admin mode but failed with an error code 0x800f0831. When chasing the error,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HatemShams Eldin, May 20, 2020.

1. Uninstall Hyper V failed

Hi gurus,

I am trying to uninstall Hyper V using Optionalfeatures.exe in Admin mode but failed with an error code 0x800f0831.

When chasing the error, I tried manual removal

Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All

Having strong doubts about a corrupted Windows package, I came across couple of logs when unsuccessfully run

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

sfc /scannow

A capture of error flags from CBS.log are below:

2020-05-21 03:54:28, Info CBS Store corruption, manifest missing for package: Package_49_for_KB4525237~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.1.8

2020-05-21 03:54:28, Error CBS Failed to resolve package 'Package_49_for_KB4525237~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.1.8' [HRESULT = 0x800f0831 - CBS_E_STORE_CORRUPTION]

2020-05-21 03:54:28, Info CBS Mark store corruption flag because of package: Package_49_for_KB4525237~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.1.8. [HRESULT = 0x800f0831 - CBS_E_STORE_CORRUPTION]

2020-05-21 03:54:28, Info CBS Failed to resolve package [HRESULT = 0x800f0831 - CBS_E_STORE_CORRUPTION]

This log clearly shows a corrupted KB.

My Questions are:

1- Need a confirmation that the corrupted KB clearly is the root cause.

2- Need a solution?

:)

HatemShams Eldin, May 20, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Even after Uninstalling Hyper-V - msinfo32 shows "A hypervisor has been detected"

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you disable the Hyper V services. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Services on the search bar.
    • Right click one Hyper V service, then select Properties.
    • On Startup type, choose Disabled.
      Uninstall Hyper V failed d67aa4cb-46e7-4431-9d29-11005894536c.png
    • You have to disable all the Hyper V services one at a time by following the same steps.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you check out your post on TechNet (IT Pro’s) to make sure you get better answer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marby Rey, May 20, 2020
  3. Cybot Win User
    Hyper-V Virtual Machines Fail to Start and Initialize after Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 8.1

yeah those and the ones in the link

still getting the could not start and failed to initialize errors.

I did happen to check the system requirements listed by M$ for hyper-v on windows 10 and it does not list any video requirements or say anything about remoteFX, which makes the error I am seeing confusing.

I also ran the systeminfo command while hyper-v was uninstalled, and the lines that needed to be true in order for hyper-v to work were all yes. my next step I suppose, is to go over to my mom's system and see if it will run hyper-v

Cybot, May 20, 2020
  4. Uninstall Hyper V failed

Hyper-V uninstallation

Press Windows key + R

Type: optionalfeatures.exe

Hit Enter

Uncheck Hyper-V in the list

Click OK

Restart if prompted

Andre Da Costa, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Uninstall Hyper V failed

1. Uninstall Hyper V failed - Similar Threads - Uninstall Hyper failed

2. failed to register to hyper v driver ???????????????????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    failed to register to hyper v driver ???????????????????: so iw as trying this emulator called lenovo on emulator but when i tried to install it it said failed to register to hyper v driver and i tried to search online and didnt find any answer. please help, i want to use the emulator!...
  3. Hyper V Fail to start Nestet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V Fail to start Nestet: Hey,I'm trying to start my VM on Hyper V.After doing the command to define what RAM I need, also the Network adapter I need to learn At course CCNA, Windows server 2019 module I get this message : How do I Solve this?...
  4. Hyper V Fail to start Nestet

Hyper V Fail to start Nestet: Hey,I'm trying to start my VM on Hyper V.After doing the command to define what RAM I need, also the Network adapter I need to learn At course CCNA, Windows server 2019 module I get this message : How do I Solve this?...
  5. Fail to use Hyper-v on arm64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fail to use Hyper-v on arm64: Hi, I have tried to load Ubuntu/CentOS x86 ISO, by Win x86_64 hyper-v, both of them work well on Win x86_64.But when I tried to load Ubuntu/CentOS arm64 ISO, by Win arm64 hyper-v, no one could be load correctly.My arm64 system:When I created new hyper-v virtual machine,...
  6. Fail to use Hyper-v on arm64

Fail to use Hyper-v on arm64: Hi, I have tried to load Ubuntu/CentOS x86 ISO, by Win x86_64 hyper-v, both of them work well on Win x86_64.But when I tried to load Ubuntu/CentOS arm64 ISO, by Win arm64 hyper-v, no one could be load correctly.My arm64 system:When I created new hyper-v virtual machine,...
  7. Unable to uninstall hyper v

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to uninstall hyper v: Hello I'm unable to install hyper v I tried windows features on or off and it doesn't appear there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-uninstall-hyper-v/c7895bb7-8f0e-4719-b2a9-e49116b21b99
  8. Hyper-v fails to import VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-v fails to import VM: My Hyper-V storage drive broke down, have backups for that drive, so I have files for VMs. Replaced drive copied files from backup but Hyper-v manager doesn't see any VMs. Trying to import VMs from those files gets me error Unspecified error (0x8004005). Both Restore and...
  9. how to uninstall hyper-V

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to uninstall hyper-V: I am unable to find HyperV in windows features on/off... I want to uninstall / disable hyperV because android studio is not allowing me to run its emulator because hyperv is running. I tried this command in prompt bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off . After that...
  10. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618